Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
I found a kitten! [PICS ADDED]
    #1276679 - 02/04/03 04:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Last night, at about 11:30 PM, I was walking down the street to my bus stop with my friend.

Then, a small kitten jumped in front of us. We pet it. It was a very nice kitten. It had no collar, and it looked lost.

We left it there, and started walking again. About five minutes later, we had forgotten about what had just happenned, when I hear a "Meow, meow!" behind me! I turn around, and I see the kitten running towards us!

I decide to pick it up and bring it home. It struggles, so I say, "Fuck this", and I put it down. It follows us for a good five minutes again. This time, I decide to pick it up and bring it home, even if it struggles.

I got on the bus with it. I had to walk about 20 minutes to get home, so I just walked and the kitten followed me.

When I got home, I put it in my bathroom with some food and some water. It was very hungry.

It's a male. He must be about 4 or 5 months old. It has a grey fur with dark reflects. It has streaks of darker grey on its head and on its tail. It has a white belly and the tip of its paws are white, too.

I'm alergic to cats, so I'll ask my girlfriend if she wants it, since her cat is dying. I might post pictures later.
:smirk: 

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Edited by Meph (02/04/03 11:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: I found a kitten! [Re: Meph]
    #1277322 - 02/04/03 07:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nobody cares?  :frown:

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1277336 - 02/04/03 07:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You do, because you took it home.... :smirk:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: I found a kitten! [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1277347 - 02/04/03 08:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I certainly care.  It was a very nice thing to do.  You should have done it as soon as you saw it didn't have a collar though :wink:

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: I found a kitten! [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1277372 - 02/04/03 08:10 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When i was in the middle east i walked past a dumpster, and heard a noise. I kept walking and heard it faintly again. So i went back to the dumpster and opened it up to find two baby goats that were alive, and had been thrown away. One looked dead and the other was diseased and dying...
I thought to help them, but had nowhere to go, as animal care isn't big over there, so i had to leave them and let nature happen in all its careless brutality...quite sad. But I also saved a kitten from children that were throwing it around and tying it to poles.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: I found a kitten! [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1277387 - 02/04/03 08:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I certainly care.  It was a very nice thing to do.  You should have done it as soon as you saw it didn't have a collar though :wink: 

Yeah, but my house was pretty far. I needed to take the bus and walk with it. I was very wasted, too. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I did it!  :smirk:

I can't wait to ask my girlfriend! A pet is the nicest thing to give like that. She'll have it for a long time, and she'll think about me when she sees it  :smirk:

If it was somebody's cat, I can't be blamed for taking it with me. Nobody with a heart would leave a 4 month old kitten outside in the Quebec winter with no collar.

It's VERY affectionnate. As soon as I pick it up, it starts purring. It licks my fingers and my face. Awww!!  :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: I found a kitten! [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1277392 - 02/04/03 08:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

When i was in the middle east i walked past a dumpster, and heard a noise. I kept walking and heard it faintly again. So i went back to the dumpster and opened it up to find two baby goats that were alive, and had been thrown away. One looked dead and the other was diseased and dying...
I thought to help them, but had nowhere to go, as animal care isn't big over there, so i had to leave them and let nature happen in all its careless brutality...quite sad. But I also saved a kitten from children that were throwing it around and tying it to poles.

I love saving little animals. It makes me feel warm all over.

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1277704 - 02/04/03 10:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Are you going to get it stoned?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#1277727 - 02/04/03 10:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

aww, cool story. You should eat the kitten though, if you're allergic to it.

All of this reminds me of a dream I had a few weeks ago or so. I was in this other country (some really poverty stricken type of place) and I was in the home of these two girls, who I'd just met on the street. One of them went into her bedroom and brought out a kitten in a jar of water. It was floating there like it was crucified, and it was the most vivid thing I can ever remember dreaming.

It looked dead, but then it opened its eyes and looked right into mine ... they were the most piercing or haunting or whatever cliched color of blue ... totally fucking bizarre. It kind of waved its paws at me or something, and all I could do for who knows how long was sit there staring at this bottled kitten in my hands. Then I ran outside and dumped it out, and it started breathing.

CraZy stuff.

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: I found a kitten! [Re: Ulysees]
    #1277737 - 02/04/03 10:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

aww, cool story. You should eat the kitten though, if you're allergic to it.

All of this reminds me of a dream I had a few weeks ago or so. I was in this other country (some really poverty stricken type of place) and I was in the home of these two girls, who I'd just met on the street. One of them went into her bedroom and brought out a kitten in a jar of water. It was floating there like it was crucified, and it was the most vivid thing I can ever remember dreaming.

It looked dead, but then it opened its eyes and looked right into mine ... they were the most piercing or haunting or whatever cliched color of blue ... totally fucking bizarre. It kind of waved its paws at me or something, and all I could do for who knows how long was sit there staring at this bottled kitten in my hands. Then I ran outside and dumped it out, and it started breathing.

CraZy stuff.   

Hehe, I love dreams.

I just talked to my girlfriend. She's really excited and happy. She's most probably going to take it.

And no, I'm not gonna get it stoned. It's too young  :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: I found a kitten! Pictures! [Re: Meph]
    #1277918 - 02/04/03 11:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Here. I took a few pictures.

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1278104 - 02/04/03 12:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

beautiful green eyes..nice color coat too. she's a keeper

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1278401 - 02/04/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That's a cute kitty cat. What are you going to call it?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1278520 - 02/04/03 01:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Meph...your a good man by my standards, Keep on shining my friend!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: I found a kitten! Pictures! [Re: Ripple]
    #1278576 - 02/04/03 02:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Meph...your a good man by my standards, Keep on shining my friend! 

:laugh:

It feels good to know that!

I won't give it a name. My girlfriend will take care of that.  :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibleralph snart111
infectedlycanthrope

#1279038 - 02/04/03 03:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You've got a good heart, glad to see that kitten won't go hungry. I used to volunteer at an animal shelter and seeing little kittens come in was pretty sad.
Your alright in my book!!!

--------------------
"Behold the mythical esquilax-a horse with the body of a rabbit...and the head of...a rabbit ! "
-Timothy Leary

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: I found a kitten! [PICS ADDED] [Re: Meph]
    #1279789 - 02/04/03 07:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

She looks like she had siamese ancestors.

They're really masters of survival. Lost cats are masters of finding a nice victim that can take care of them for the rest of their life. The same thing happened to me 6 years ago and he's still with me. :grin: 

InvisibleMac

#1280168 - 02/05/03 02:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Have 7 cats, 5 of them adopted me. Always nice to see someone with compassion for animals. That was a really nice thing to do.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Meph]
    #1280410 - 02/05/03 04:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: I found a kitten! Pictures! [Re: ]
    #1285225 - 02/06/03 11:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I gave it to my girlfriend, she loves it. However, her father hates cats.

She had to get rid of it. It sucks. To me, it wasn't just ANY cat, it was the cat I gave her. I thought it was the nicest present.  :frown:

Her father just got in the car. It's gonna leave it outside, somewehre close to where I found it. It's snowing outside. I came back from a 20 minute walk and it's freezing.

I don't like her father. He's so stressful and uncaring.

:frown: :frown: :frown: 

--------------------

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1285408 - 02/06/03 12:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

aww that really sucks..I cant believe that her dad could do that to a kitten..maybe some other brother or sister will pick it up and care for it.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: I found a kitten! Pictures! [Re: forevadazin]
    #1285478 - 02/06/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That does suck. :frown:

When I was little, my best friend's dog had puppies, and they lived in the bottom drawer of his dresser.

Unfortunately, his moms boyfriend took them outside one day and smacked their heads on the bumper of his truck. It was pretty sad. 

--------------------

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #1285965 - 02/06/03 03:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

thats no kitten!

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1287112 - 02/06/03 11:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you can keep it. In one of the other threads someone was saying they used a damp cloth to wipe their cat down to prevent the allergic reaction. Or maybe someone else you know will take it.

--------------------

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#1287181 - 02/07/03 01:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

awww :frown: maybe you will be allowed to keep it. maybe the cat won't produce a lot of dander or you can get one of those brushes which will eliminate dander so that you can keep the cat...

very sad i'd take the cat even though i'm more of a dog person...but i live int eh UK and he'd be quarantined for 6 months :frown:

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: I found a kitten! [PICS ADDED] [Re: boO]
    #1287606 - 02/07/03 04:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The cat you described sounds similiar to my cat Milla (short for sinsemilla) he's a male too. He's gray& black striped with a tan face, white belly & paws. He's a tabby, yours maybe too. Cool stuff. Milla came through my girlfriends window the day of my birthday, so she gave him to me. He's been with me ever since. He doesnt like pot smoke he just likes to steal my sacks and eat them. I was thinking about getting a monkey & teaching him how smoke, but he might learn to pack or roll his own so it could be problematic...cool though.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Offlinepurified
Stranger
    #11188575 - 10/05/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ugly thing

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order