Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #12764979 - 06/18/10 05:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

But Joe Rogan isn't waking anyone up

People that aren't interested in psychedelic see him as a moron
not some highly educated person trying to inform them

just some dumb jock trying to prove he is right by talking louder

:boo:

not a good thing for psychedelics in any way

the only people that think Joe is some kind of DMT messiah
are people that already use psychedelics

he contributes nothing positive in how people view psychedelics

Just the though of that dumb jock speaking out for psychedelics makes me :facepalm:

:sorry:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: Shroomism]
    #12764990 - 06/18/10 05:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I thought DMT's natural presence in the human body was already proven? The real question regards whether it is an integral part of mental functioning, or simply a bi-product in the synthesis of chemicals with actual utility.

I wake up everyone I can with DMT. I believe the general population should be utterly saturated with exogenous DMT.

However, I believe this should occur organically, socially, rather than through an artificially massive demand created by media exposure, which will itself inevitably lead to enormous difficulties in making and distributing DMT in the first place.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #12764998 - 06/18/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
We don't want that.

Or at least, I don't want that.

The moment the masses become truly interested in DMT is the moment they make Mimosa hostilis a controlled substance and they cull all the Phalaris arundinacea from my immediate living area.

Let the masses have their mushrooms and LSD. Let DMT remain a secret to all but the truly Interested.

Yeah I'm totally not down with that fuckheaded elitist attitude, WTF makes you think that you are more "worthy" of this drug than anybody else?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #12765012 - 06/18/10 05:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

That's very true. I don't think it's something there will ever be a huge demand for though.
Most people like to get drunk, not vape DMT crystals

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: Shroomism]
    #12765021 - 06/18/10 05:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Culture is always changing. :wink:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: Poid]
    #12765030 - 06/18/10 05:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I got into DMT because I was fascinated by the psychedelia of marijuana and then researched other psychedelic drugs - namely the more-exposed LSD and mushrooms, my experimentation with which eventually led me to DMT and its incredibly easy extraction from totally legal ingredients and its incredible power and utility as a master psychedelic.

If Everyjoe Fucktard realizes this, and attempts to use DMT as a cheap and easy chemical of escape, then the media will catch on and create a moral panic, and approximately 90% (a very reserved estimate) of lawmakers will make a huge deal out of their opposition to chemical escapes in order to get votes, and the next year will be spent crushing every source and source-material for DMT available to the mad-consumerist American culture.

I know I might sound like an "elitist" to anybody who doesn't bother to think these fucking things through, but I assure you I speak from a completely pragmatic and completely sensible position. That is, of course, unless you don't like DMT, in which case you are in no fucking place to call me a "fuckheaded elitist."

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12765051 - 06/18/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
If Everyjoe Fucktard realizes this, and attempts to use DMT as a cheap and easy chemical of escape, then the media will catch on and create a moral panic, and approximately 90% (a very reserved estimate) of lawmakers will make a huge deal out of their opposition to chemical escapes in order to get votes, and the next year will be spent crushing every source and source-material for DMT available to the mad-consumerist American culture.

You don't know that for sure, people are becoming more open minded about shit lately. That Sarah Palin recently expressed her somewhat liberal views regarding weed is evidence of this IMO, conervatives are changing their stances on the legislation of their pigheaded 'family values'.

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I know I might sound like an "elitist" to anybody who doesn't bother to think these fucking things through, but I assure you I speak from a completely pragmatic and completely sensible position. That is, of course, unless you don't like DMT, in which case you are in no fucking place to call me a "fuckheaded elitist."

I'm not calling you a fuckheaded elitist, did I say "You are a fuckheaded elitist."? No, I did not. I'm saying that the "all for me because I'm worthy, none for you because you suck" attitude is nothing but bullshit. I've never done DMT yet, but I sure as hell want to--I've been around people who've done the stuff, it doesn't make you extra-special or any crap like that, it's just a (very powerful) psychedelic.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinedopestone
tryptavision
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12765078 - 06/18/10 05:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
yeah. im not enlightened.

i just know you can't go around and tell people the "truth" you sort of have to become it and then they come to you searching and you sort of point them in the right direction.

that's totally subjective.

becoming the truth for yourself doesn't mean it's true for others. you can preach the truth or be the truth but in the end it's just your piece of the truth pie. nobody is going to "see the truth" when they look at you. you have to guide them with art, ideas, psychs and make them aware of their very own truths.

i don't even know what the truth is. if you're talking truth as spiritual knowledge handed down from the beings, i think they are playing games with us honestly and nobody really "becomes truth."

it's just as arrogant to think you are the truth as it is to say you know the truth. if you think you are the truth, it will exude itself in your character and people will just "see" pretentiousness.

not flaming just opening discussion, i think you're a solid guy.

--------------------
in general, i'm not sure if i'm indecisive or not.

Edited by dopestone (06/18/10 05:51 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

#12765081 - 06/18/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think I'm special because I've smoked DMT. I just think I have a greater than average interest in psychedelics. And I don't think DMT, in its raw form, has any type of direct usefulness or application for anybody who isn't either a) already interested in psychedelics or b) a shaman.

Any dedicated pursuit of widespread publication of DMT, its availability, and its power, would seriously hinder its availability to those two groups.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinedopestone
tryptavision
 User Gallery

#12765102 - 06/18/10 05:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I don't think I'm special because I've smoked DMT. I just think I have a greater than average interest in psychedelics. And I don't think DMT, in its raw form, has any type of direct usefulness or application for anybody who isn't either a) already interested in psychedelics or b) a shaman.

Any dedicated pursuit of widespread publication of DMT, its availability, and its power, would seriously hinder its availability to those two groups.

how did you develop a greater than average interest? you had to, at one point, been someone who had a lower than average interest. you must have had that one experience that guided your interest.

what's to say the widespread masses shouldn't have that chance? possibly it's not useful to them and most will reject it but even if 1 out of every 100 "lower than average psych" user becomes a "higher than average" one, don't you think it's worth it if that person is possibly in a position to use the information to benefit the movement.

people forget psych users are a huge minority, but we are not joined together in our cause to be freed by paranoia and fear of persecution. everyone deserves a chance to see what DMT or other spiritual spychs are about whether or not they have a low chance of gaining anything from it.

just my opinion.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #12765103 - 06/18/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah we definitely don't want it turn into a pandemic. or like a salvia situation. On one hand I agree completely with your point of view but on the other I think if we're going to ever make any progress in this damn society we need to adopt an embrace the education of these sacred substances instead of trying to 'hide' them from the public eye. Many people believe a lot of fucked up shit about drugs that has no basis in reality. I think technically speaking, it should be the job of the educated to teach the ignorant masses no? Not that Joe is a spokesman or superior resource for it or anything, he's just a dude with some crazy experiences that he's willing to share. I don't think everyjoe fucktard is willing to go through the effort of trying to source DMT. They will find out about them anyway. Ayahuasca is already relatively well known in the media but do you see suburban kids going crazy for it? It's not necessarily a bad thing to try to turn the sheep into thinkers or at least set them on a path of exploration leading to other discoveries. It's one of those double-edged swords :shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12765111 - 06/18/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I don't think I'm special because I've smoked DMT. I just think I have a greater than average interest in psychedelics.

So only people who have just as much interest as you do are justified in using it, IYO?

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
And I don't think DMT, in its raw form, has any type of direct usefulness or application for anybody who isn't either a) already interested in psychedelics...

No shit.

Quote:

Tchan909 said:

That's what people said about salvia. :hehehe:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (06/18/10 06:48 PM)

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
    #12765204 - 06/18/10 06:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think he's overly condescending and brash but some of the stuff he says is interesting.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: dopestone]
    #12765236 - 06/18/10 06:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dopestone said:
Quote:

JackofSpades said:
yeah. im not enlightened.

i just know you can't go around and tell people the "truth" you sort of have to become it and then they come to you searching and you sort of point them in the right direction.

that's totally subjective.

becoming the truth for yourself doesn't mean it's true for others. you can preach the truth or be the truth but in the end it's just your piece of the truth pie. nobody is going to "see the truth" when they look at you. you have to guide them with art, ideas, psychs and make them aware of their very own truths.

yeah thats what i was saying.

Quote:

dopestone said: don't even know what the truth is. if you're talking truth as spiritual knowledge handed down from the beings, i think they are playing games with us honestly and nobody really "becomes truth"

I personally believe nirvana/enlightenment are possible and when you achieve it you are the truth. People like buddha/christ...Christ said something like, "I am the way" he is the truth because "he" no longer "is". i think buddhism/spirituality is true. you cant prove it. its just something you experience and your like, "oh, this must be true"

Quote:

dopestone said: just as arrogant to think you are the truth as it is to say you know the truth. if you think you are the truth, it will exude itself in your character and people will just "see" pretentiousness.

not flaming just opening discussion, i think you're a solid guy.

lol i dont think im the truth. im far from it. i was solely talking about people like Buddha who have devoted their entire existence to achieving nirvana for all beings. i might go get drunk tonight :shrug: not there yet.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Edited by JackofSpades (06/18/10 06:28 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12765454 - 06/18/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think DMT should be kept a "closely-guarded secret," or anything like that. Obviously that is impossible, being that anybody who knows to search for the right things can discover the "secret" to its very simple extraction in a matter of minutes.

I do think DMT should be better known, but I don't think Rogan is a suitable agent. He has his merits as a comedian and an entertainer but IMO he's doing a terrible job as a tryptamine evangelist, regurgitating Strassman's speculation and McKenna's storytelling along with a gutload of alcohol and needless bombast. He's what Timothy Leary would be minus the education and plus a frat-boy mentality.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (06/18/10 07:23 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

#12765468 - 06/18/10 07:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
So only people who have just as much interest as you do are justified in using it, IYO?

I said nothing about "justification" and earlier admitted that I share DMT whenever possible. Now you're just projecting. And obviously jealous of my DMT stash. Extract your own, you lazy bum.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinedopestone
tryptavision
 User Gallery

#12765499 - 06/18/10 07:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I don't think DMT should be kept a "closely-guarded secret," or anything like that. Obviously that is impossible, being that anybody who knows to search for the right things can discover the "secret" to its very simple extraction in a matter of minutes.

I do think DMT should be better known, but I don't think Rogan is a suitable agent. He has his merits as a comedian and an entertainer but IMO he's doing a terrible job as a tryptamine evangelist, regurgitating Strassman's speculation and McKenna's storytelling along with a gutload of alcohol and needless bombast. He's what Timothy Leary would be minus the education and plus a frat-boy mentality.

okay i like what you're saying here A+
thank you for friendly discussion.

--------------------

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Loc: groin
Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: dopestone]
    #12765527 - 06/18/10 07:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Joe Rogen is really decent and sincere fella. 

I know nothing of his public persona.

--------------------
Multiplied

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Joe Rogan Sucks [Re: Dickhead]
    #12765577 - 06/18/10 07:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Don't doubt it. Got nothing against the guy. Just don't like the way he talks about DMT. :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds