Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineacim2
Stranger

[CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died
    #12703059 - 06/07/10 01:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died

http://www.courant.com/community/monroe/hc-monroe-teen-0608-20100607,0,5369269.story

MONROE -- A former Newtown man has been charged with supplying a hallucinogenic drug to a 17-year-old Newtown resident whose body was found in a pond May 30.

Quentin Ham, 22, most recently of Texas, allegedly gave a drug known as "DMT" to Danielle Jacobsen at a gathering at 1 Still Meadow Circle in the Northbrook Condominiums, near the pond, the night before her body was found, police said.

He was charged Monday with distribution of a hallucinogenic substance, police said. Investigators learned the drug had been transported from Texas, police said.

Ham was already in state custody at the time of Monday's arrest. At 5:20 p.m. on May 30, the day Jacobsen was found, police responded to a report of a suicidal person and found Ham with a handgun in a field behind the Big Y supermarket on Queen Street, Newtown Sgt. Aaron Bahamonde said.

Police charged Ham with carrying a pistol without a permit, reckless endangerment and breach of peace, Behamonde said. There was no evidence he had fired the gun, he said.

Ham was transported to Danbury Hospital for an evaluation, after which he was taken to court. His bail in that case was set at $20,000. His bail in the drug case was initially set at $200,000.

Jacobsen, of Tunnel Road in Newtown, had been reported missing by her family the day her body was found. Monroe police said they continue to investigate her death and that there may be more charges.

Autopsy results are pending.

DMT, formally called N,N-Dimethyltryptamine, is a psychedelic drug that can cause hallucinations if smoked or injected. It generally doesn't cause hallucinations if ingested orally unless it is taken with another drug, according to the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: acim2]
    #12703240 - 06/07/10 01:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i hate the news. Blame the drug when there's no damn way it killed her.  Unless she was so stupid as to do DMT while in a FUCKING POOL.

--------------------

Offlineacim2
Stranger

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: bbl337]
    #12703439 - 06/07/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah...it doesn't make sense...
A lot of things might contribute to an accident like this one way or another, but DMT is really the least likely.

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #12703655 - 06/07/10 03:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow. big break in this story...

my brothers friend is neighbors with this dude. cops were swarming the area.

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

#12703662 - 06/07/10 03:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

How was she capable of going into a pond on DMT?

OfflineRabid Jelly Bean
Stranger
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: TTT]
    #12704237 - 06/07/10 04:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TTT said:
How was she capable of going into a pond on DMT?

Maybe she did it in the pond?

I'm thinking stupidity played a large part in this.

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: Rabid Jelly Bean]
    #12704493 - 06/07/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There's way more to this story than we're being told. I bet DMT has little or nothing to do with her death.

Invisible5-HT2A

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: 12468]
    #12704569 - 06/07/10 05:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

DMT didn't kill her. That guy isn't responsible for shit either unless he gave her bad information or something. You take a drug, you take a risk. You, not the person who made it appear in your hand because they didn't make it appear in your brain.

Invisibledrr
Female

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #12704660 - 06/07/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

5-HT2A said:
DMT didn't kill her. That guy isn't responsible for shit either unless he gave her bad information or something. You take a drug, you take a risk. You, not the person who made it appear in your hand because they didn't make it appear in your brain.

Well yes, that would be ideal. But its still illegal to give illegal drugs away.

I agree DMT probably had nothing to do with her death. But then again maybe she really did smoke it in the pond? Its entirely possible. Just have to wait to see how she died.

OfflinejdogGA15
Jdog
Male

Loc: Georgia,US
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: drr] * 1
    #12704945 - 06/07/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

They make it sound like DMT is like shrooms.They dont explain that it only last 5 mins and that you can barley move when on it....

--------------------
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." -Einstein

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Mckenna

My List(things consumed):DXM,Nn-DMT,Cannabis,many JWH like chems,2c-E,many Psilocybe mushrooms,cocaine,Many different benzos,opiates,and barbs,MDA,MDMA,Methamphetamine,LSD,Crack,alcohol,benadryl(at recreational doses),caffine,tabacco,Inhalants,Carispradol,Nitrous Oxide,salvia,indian warrior

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15270285 ; ^^^========TRADE LIST

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: jdogGA15]
    #12705441 - 06/07/10 08:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

couldnt have been DMT. report is goffy.. :awedrugs:

--------------------

OfflinePeterGriffin467
Dirt Grub
Male

Loc: six feet under
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: orison]
    #12705871 - 06/07/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

While I agree that it wasnt the dmt I will say that just because a drug hasnt caused any deaths before doesnt mean that somewhere down the line that someone with a pre existing condition could be killed by some type of interaction with said drug.

--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #12706484 - 06/07/10 11:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PeterGriffin467 said:
While I agree that it wasnt the dmt I will say that just because a drug hasnt caused any deaths before doesnt mean that somewhere down the line that someone with a pre existing condition could be killed by some type of interaction with said drug.

that's besides the point, she was found in a large body of water.  Knowingly taking anything that will inhibit your ability to survive in a potentially dangerous situation is that persons fault

--------------------

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: bbl337]
    #12714233 - 06/09/10 10:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It turns out she insufflated the DMT?

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Teen-s-final-hours-detailed-in-arrest-affidavit-516364.php

BRIDGEPORT -- A Newtown teenager tries a new and exotic hallucinogenic for the first time and ends up alone and dead, floating in three feet of water.

New details of the final hour of 17-year-old Danielle Jacobsen's life were contained in an arrest warrant affidavit obtained for 22-year-old Quentin Ham, accused of supplying her with the drug.

Newtown police received a complaint from Grace Eturaspe May 28 that her granddaughter, Danielle, had been missing for two days. Police said the grandmother told them Jacobsen might have gone with friends to the Northbrook condominium complex in Monroe.

Two Newtown officers and one from Monroe went to the Stillmeadow Circle condominium, but said there was no answer and the condo appeared to be vacant. Police said they were told by neighbors that the occupants had moved the day before. While searching the area, a Newtown officer spotted what appeared to be a body floating near the edge of a pond.

When they pulled the body out police said they saw it was a young woman.

Police said they later questioned Steve Orrico, who they said told them he had brought Jacobsen to the condo on May 29. Police said four other people had been in the condo at the time: Garrett O'Connor, who rented a basement room there, Roderic Kiely, Jonathan Hartlett and Quentin Ham.

Police said Orrico told them Jacobsen and Ham had left for about 30 minutes to go to Ham's home at 5 Birch Rise Drive in Newtown to get some dimethyltrypamine, or DMT. When they returned, Ham dumped a yellow powdery substance onto the dining room table.

Police said Ham divided the powder into four small lines, telling the others they were "big lines and were a lot for the first time." O'Connor, Ham, Kiely and Jacobsen then took turns snorting the lines of powder, police said. The four then stretched out on the living room floor.

At some point, police said, Jacobsen got up and asked for the whereabouts of her cell phone and purse. Police said Orrico told them Jacobsen appeared agitated, wanting to know how long the drug's effect would last. She laid down, but got right up again, complaining she was going to vomit. She then left the condo.

On May 30, Kiely called the Newtown Police Department. Ham was distraught about Jacobsen's death, he told officers. They had driven in Kiely's father's van to a field behind a CVS drug store on Queen Street in Newtown. Ham had a handgun and was threatening to kill himself.

Police arrived and stopped Ham before he could shoot himself. In the van, police said they found Ham's Blackberry phone with a message on it for Jacobsen's family.

"It was me," the message said. "I am responsible for this atrocity. I gave her DMT, and therefore I am the one you must hate for this. I cannot express what this feeling is that (I) have and I know I cannot repay you for the awfulness I have brought to your family. I have never met Danielle before that night, but I know she was a good person. I cannot live with this awful guilt, and I cannot live with myself. Please forgive Garrett and Steve. They are not to blame. Jon didn't do anything either. Obviously Rod is innocent, too. I am so, so sorry."

Ham was arrested Monday and charged with distribution of a hallucinogenic substance. He is being held in lieu of $200,000 bond.

She was found wearing black pants, two bras, a T-shirt, one sock and no shoes. Two knit boots were found floating in the pond.

InvisibleRazzl3Frazzl3
Female

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: Sheeno]
    #12714421 - 06/09/10 11:05 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Really? Wow, so this is how this played out, huh?

Offlinejpwiggin
Stranger
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: Razzl3Frazzl3]
    #12744008 - 06/14/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Is it possible to overdose on DMT? (I honestly don't know, and I'm interested in the case. Quentin is a friend of mine, and this story is distressing to me, as you might imagine.)

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: jpwiggin]
    #12744048 - 06/14/10 09:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

DMT is not a party substance really.

Stupid Americans.... typical.:goodmorning:

--------------------

Offlineurbanfarmer
l'estranger
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #12744536 - 06/14/10 11:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What was the actual drug, though?  Is DMT even active via insufflation?

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: urbanfarmer]
    #12746620 - 06/15/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It is and its MUCH more intense because its much longer lasting, and the burn. The burn is suppose to be not much fun as well. I would never try DMT for the first time via snorting.

Offlinejpwiggin
Stranger
Re: [CT] Police: Man Gave Drug To Newtown Teen Before She Died [Re: TTT]
    #12750669 - 06/16/10 01:38 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What about whether she overdosed? From all the articles I've read, it seems there are only a few things we don't know, because pretty much everything's been admitted and confirmed. We don't know how she got in the pond, and the autopsy report isn't out yet, so we don't know if she died of drowning. Now, I want to know if it's possible she might have overdosed instead of drowning. I want to know if she might have been thrown in after overdosing, or if she might have fallen in due to a bad trip. Don't tell me she couldn't have stumbled into the lake, because she was reportedly standing up, sitting down, looking for her phone and purse, etc. She was capable of moving, and she didn't have to move far. Now, was an overdose possible?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale