Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms?
    #1275029 - 02/03/03 05:09 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Hello out there, I've been growing and eating my own mushrooms for about 6 years now. I dont trip all the time, just 5-6 times a year. Once in while, while I'm tripping I'll get this sudden flash, like VWHOOSH through my head. Its almost like an electric shock, but it doesnt hurt. This especially happens if I hear a sharp noise, or if I really get into something, like smelling flowers, ect. I dont really mind it, but ive never heard of anyone else mentioning it so I figured I'd ask and see if it happens to anyone else. I don't just trip for the hell of it either, I used to when I first started, but now I always wait until the time is "just right" so that everything is just perfect. Well, peace to you all and be careful out there! Thanks

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms? [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1275477 - 02/03/03 07:28 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

That sounds like something I first experienced a couple of nights ago.
I had 5g of cubensis powdered in juice, and was wandering around the local university when I came across this little walled-in courtyard with a checkerboard pattern and a wizened tree in the middle. I thought this was by far the coolest thing I had ever seen (I was tripping pretty hard by now..) and the tree had eyes that were watching me. Anyway suddenly it zapped me! Just like sticking your finger in a power socket for 0.5-1 seconds, only more pleasurable. I sat down in front of the tree and slipped into a bit of a trance, primitive people materialized around me and I got zapped a few more times. Anyway after a few minutes I wandered on, I didn't really want to be tripping this hard in public.
Oh, a night or so later I was outside at night and I was really quite scared of the trees, I would honestly shit my pants if a tree zapped me while sober  :grin: 

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms? [Re: zeta]
    #1276429 - 02/04/03 05:16 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

Wow, sometimes it happens to me when I'm not tripping. Not very often, but sometimes just out of the blue it will happen. One time I was relaxing and it happened, and 2 seconds later the phone rang and it was my girl who I hadn't talked to in a while. I wonder if maybe the mushrooms desensitized me to certain energy currents and now I can feel them. I've also been doing a lot of meditation, but I've never heard of people getting a flash like this from that! Maybe the doors have finally been opened... :grin: 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #1276798 - 02/04/03 07:24 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

ive herd it explained as kuliani (sp?) energy. Some people get it right before an oobe. The first time it happend to me was the first time i took shrooms and i was trying to go to sleep after my trip (i guess i was still tripping a little) but every time i would get all realxed and stuff it would jsut sent this huge shock through my body and it scared the fuck out of me...i thought i had a heart attacl or soemthing. I think its happned once while meditating before too...i wish i could just hold onto it tho instead of getting wigged out.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms? [Re: Vulture]
    #1276848 - 02/04/03 07:36 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah, I think its called Kundalini energy. You might be right because the flash seems to come up my spine, through my heart and then into my head. Sometimes it will almost take my breath away, I'll have to look into that one.

--------------------

Offlinemorbydvisns
Stranger
Loc: dallas, tx
    #1276999 - 02/04/03 08:23 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

sometimes if im laying down drifting off, and something... someone entering the room and snaps me back awake, or i just wake up and realize i was drifting off, ill encounter this...shock. its pretty cool i always take the time to acknowledge it and it never does me wrong =)

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #1277171 - 02/04/03 09:04 AM (14 years, 26 days ago)

yeah it starts at the base of the spine and runs up. Some say it can be dangerous and put poeple into an lsd-like state for years.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
    #1277715 - 02/04/03 12:09 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, oh my god, finally, somebody that knows what the fuck im talking about!!!.. ever since the first time i tripped i used to get these. they happened during the trip, about 3 or 4 times, usually at the start of the peak. I call them brain buzz bombs.. because they just come and "BOOM!" i get a huge shock of pleasure in my head.. its crazy.. the best way i can describe it is a brain orgasm.. but nobody that has done shrooms has ever experianced this.. wow.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1278215 - 02/04/03 02:33 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

Seratonin.

You can learn to do this without drugs :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/04/03 02:33 PM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms? [Re: zeta]
    #1278237 - 02/04/03 02:39 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

>>Just like sticking your finger in a power socket for 0.5-1 seconds, only more pleasurable.

heheh, you find sticking your finger in the socket somewhat pleasurable? I mean you'd have to if you think the zap feeling on mushrooms is more pleasureable

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms? [Re: neuro]
    #1278352 - 02/04/03 03:10 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

yeah I've head the head zap. It was like a camera flash in my brain. It startled me and I jumped out of bed where I was lying down.

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1278766 - 02/04/03 04:50 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

I have had that too, I usually get it when i lay down. Everything seems black and white for a second, i dunno it does something to me visually ...

its cool when it happens though.

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience