Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century
    #1265959 - 01/31/03 01:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Dick Nixon started the drug war which banned all conciousness expanding chemicals, thus halting the evolution of the human species. The consequinces of that are about to come to a head big time very soon.

He was the devil himself. No wonder he made LSD illegal on 10(/6/66).

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: Learyfan]
    #1265966 - 01/31/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

No wonder he made LSD illegal on 10(/6/66).

Hate to break it to ya, but Johnson was president at that time. Still, I agree he was an asshole.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: silversoul7]
    #1265985 - 01/31/03 01:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Shit, I forgot.

Nonetheless, I stand by my statement.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1266024 - 01/31/03 02:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ah, Tricky Dicky. I remember him well. By an odd coincidence, I just finished re-reading two days ago Woodward and Bernstein's amazing book "The Final Days", which covers in extraordinary depth the denouement of the Watergate affair. Their first effort, "All the President's Men" was also excellent, but "The Final Days" is much superior, in my opinion.

I remember being glued to the television while the House Judiciary hearings were going on, and I remember watching his farewell address and his trudge to the helicopter that would take him to his exile in San Clemente. Strange days... strange days.

The Trickster and his henchmen, Henry Kissinger and Spiro Agnew, were three of the worst things to ever happen to the American people -- although of the three, Nixon was actually the least venal. It's ironic that his re-election in 1972 was the most overwhelming presidential victory in America's history -- 97% of the electoral vote, 61% of the popular vote. What do those numbers indicate about the democratic process?

What's even more ironic is what brought him (and a dozen other weasels in positions of authority) down -- a bungled break-and-enter by a team of clowns. Life truly is stranger than fiction sometimes.

I STRONGLY recommend anyone who hasn't done so to read "The Final Days". I picked mine up in paperback at a used book store for a buck and a half. For those too young to know all the details of the tangled mess, it may same a bit complex at first (it is helpful but not absolutely required to first read "All the President's Men") but the authors do an excellent job of bringing you up to speed quickly. There is an excellent detailed chronology of the significant events at the back of the book which clarifies things considerably. I found myself referring to it often, even though I was a certified "Watergate Junkie" back in the days it was all happening in real time.

In the category of political books, "The Final Days" is definitely on the Top Ten Must Read list -- probably even on the top three.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1271212 - 02/02/03 12:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First off, Nixon didn't start the drug war. Not even close. The whole ordeal began with prohibition... well, I guess you could argue it started hundreds of years before that.

...and come on, halting the evolution of the human species? I'd say that's a little naive.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: Phluck]
    #1271234 - 02/02/03 01:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Guess it just comes down to weither or not you think psychedelic drugs are the gateway to higher conciousness or not. If you don't, then you're right. If you do, then i'm right. That's another thread all together though.

IMO though, the drug war(which Nixon did start) is one of the worst things anyone has ever done to the human race. Because of that asshole, our collective minds will evolve at a snails pace while our technology grows at a pace that we can not handle.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1271247 - 02/02/03 01:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nixon was the first president to officially declare a War on Drugs, but several drugs were already illegal at that point.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: silversoul7]
    #1271286 - 02/02/03 01:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I know.

Hallucinogens were the reason that the WOD was started though. The WOD also took a harder stance on the drugs that had already been made illegal.

The war on drugs is a war on human evolution, freedom, spirituality and especially on the culture that was associated with them.

Richard Nixon started the War On Drugs. Richard Nixon is therefore the biggest asshole of the 20th century.

--------------------

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: Phred]
    #1271393 - 02/02/03 02:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ronald Reagan in 1984 won 49 out of 50 states. He had an approval rating of about 56% around the same time in his pres. career as Bush is in now, and I believe Bush has a higher approval rating. I dont blame Richard Nixon for using the war on drugs as his tool for election, it was just a tool. I blame the political process which makes it neccessary. I blame the people of the time for buying the crap, and I hope they dont buy the crap they are trying to shove down our throats now. It's there but I can see, and I hope you can see its bullcrap, just like it always has been. I remember the first drug commercial I can remember, and it is either the Egg and Frying pan, or the Coke Lines in a Bullet, and the Guy shoot himselves, and to tell you the truth, I belived the shit when I was 8, maybe even 10, but the shit hit the fan when I was preeducatad about misinformation ( thank god for the Internet) when good ole' DARE came around my school, and officer friendly didnt have the right answers, or any answers for that matter. All I am saying is because of our political process all those dumb kids who grew up beliving crap, and sheltering themselves, have always brought it on themselves. The Masses(by masses I mean the percentage of Americans who care to elect there leaders, or in the case of Presidents elect men to elect the president for them), are inhibiting the Human race, but fortunatly we can use this Narrowminded crack pot of a the best system there is so far on earth to our advantage, because one day it will work our way... Weed + PoliSci class = Good Thoughts. Also in my opinion because of the history of the Political process, I see the republican party freeing the Pot-heads though Hallucinogens seem weary (I say this as I;m experience mild OEVs from Dank Bong Hits)

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Edited by BladeLSD (02/02/03 02:40 PM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1271410 - 02/02/03 02:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so he was the first to use the words "war on drugs", but in the past there was wild fear and frenzy about drugs.

Look at how marijuana first became demonized. Nixon was hardly an innovator.

LSD and other psychedelics are still widespread. Lots of people use psychedelics without any change to their outlook or mentality.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1271458 - 02/02/03 02:51 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Jimmy Carter signed FEMA into law. Martial law at it's most resonably finest......... :wink:

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: upupup]
    #1272829 - 02/03/03 04:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That's interesting, because if I remember correctly, Jimmy Carter was in favor of decriminalizing weed(but since he couldn't get anything done, it never happened).

--------------------

Anonymous

#1273372 - 02/03/03 07:10 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Think he was the devil or just ignorant? I'd like to spew my anger at certain individuals and society because of their stance on drugs, but part of me thinks its not their fault and they just don't see the light... They are the ones that need a hit of acid more than us =)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1273431 - 02/03/03 07:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Dicky was a Dilantin addict.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: ]
    #1273844 - 02/03/03 09:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think he was ignorant, because I think we're all equal parts of God.

All i'm saying is that the charactor that Nixon's soul played in our little game was an asshole. Anyone who enforces prohibition of mind expanding chemicals is an enemy of all humans.

The War On Drugs which Nixon started pushed prohibition to the next level. The term "war" is fitting. It's a holy war. If psychedelics had stayed legal Nixon's though would have died. The charactor he played would have ceased to be.

--------------------

InvisibleObserver
Stranger

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: Phluck]
    #1274222 - 02/03/03 10:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Lots of people use psychedelics without any change to their outlook or mentality.

I agree totally with that statement. Psychedelics don't automatically switch people on to evolve themselves in an intelligent manner. I have a friend (he doesn't value knowledge) who took an eighth of mushrooms and when I saw him a few days after the experience, I asked him to tell me all about it. The only aspect of the trip for him was the visuals, while to me that is the least important part - what about the dialogue change in your head? He didn't "see" it. They didn't MAKE him think. "Even if all his life a fool associates with a wise man, he will not understand the Truth..." It seems you have to want to learn.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: Observer]
    #1274377 - 02/03/03 11:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Lots of people have driven cars, and haven't made it to......say, Canada".

"Lots of people have used hammers, and haven't made houses"

"Lots of people have used fire, and have burned their houses down".

--------------------

InvisibleObserver
Stranger

#1275474 - 02/03/03 05:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I probably won't win an award for that last post of mine...

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Richard Nixon: asshole of the 20th century [Re: Observer]
    #1276274 - 02/04/03 01:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What, i'm with you on that.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Learyfan]
    #1279827 - 02/04/03 08:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder