Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMDMA4all
Stranger
The Spore Haven
    #1273651 - 02/03/03 10:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, well I was hoping that it wouldn't come down to this, me having to put a post on here, but it has. I sent my order in the mail on Jan. 2nd. I emailed him about a week and a half leter, cause I forgot my to add my e-mail. Well, still no response, I was kinda worrying because people where posting about how they though this guy was a scammer. Well, I read about the death and his family and all, but it still has been a minute, all I am askin for is an e-mail, or a post on here. I wouldn't even post this, but I placed another order through a different company, for a 50 lb product and it arrived a week ago. Just wondering what has happend to you...

I have read almost ALL good things about the spore haven... What have been your all's results??? Thanks alot.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: The Spore Haven [Re: MDMA4all]
    #1276715 - 02/04/03 07:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I too have had a problem with communication with sporehaven.My order had a tracking # which still showed my package undelivered 3 days after I recieved it.So I had problems with communication and delivery.But the product I recieved is what I am disturbed about.None of the syringes had spores visible except through the microscope and when compared with a syringe from another vendor it appeared several hundred times more dilute than the Ralphsters syringe.Also a 3ml inoculation into Karo/yeast culture has yeilded ONE small colony of myc.Over 40 cc in 12 pints and I have 4 jars with small colonies after almost ten days @ 86F the rest are barren.I have tried to contact Sporehaven and have recieved NO response,so I am posting this here.I still have three of the syringes and would gladly return them for a refund.If no recompense is forthcoming from Sporehaven for poor quality product then I will not recomend them to anyone and will do no further business with them.
My apologies for the negative post,but this needs addressed by sporehaven and they are not responding.Sincerely,WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineMDMA4all
Stranger
Re: The Spore Haven [Re: whiterasta]
    #1278242 - 02/04/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, well I guess I can consider that a waste of money... I mean unless he responds... Which he still hasn't, and he talks about the pride themselves in customer satisfaction... Whatever.... I mean unless he responds and atleast lets me know what the fuckin deal is. As far as I am concerned right now DON"T ORDER FROM SPORE HAVEN.... I'll change my mind if he just simply responds, but I don't think he will, cause it has been awhile. It's not the issue of how long he is taking, but the simple fuckin fact that he can't respond to people... Yeah, great customer service there.... Oh, but I do give Mycosupply, and sporeworks a hell yeah, cause they have been quick as hell, and very nice...

OfflineJoker902
anti FOB

Loc: MI
Re: The Spore Haven [Re: MDMA4all]
    #1278316 - 02/04/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

"all words here by were forwarded by my neighbors manager @ kfc"
i also had a communication problem with the sporehaven, but as he mentioned earlier there was a death in his famiy... so its understandable & i apologized... but i also am having the same problem as whiterasta is having... i inooculted 7 1/2 pint jars with the Koh Samui, Thailand syringe & all were contaminated within a week... i sterilized all the jars for over an hour, let cool over night, & used a flame to sterilize the syringe b4 innoculating...
i innoculated 4 1/2 jars of the treasure coast syringe & have seen no mycelium growth... im not sure what to say...

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: The Spore Haven [Re: whiterasta]
    #1290231 - 02/08/03 06:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

This is my final post on this subject.
I have not to date recieved any communication from sporehaven addressing problems with spore concentration and sterility.
I have scrapped ALL jars due to contamination
Of 12 jars inoculated with over 40cc of solution I got only 4 small mycelial growth zones in 4 jars
3cc in Karo/yeast yeilded one small colony which stopped development after 4 days sugesting a monokaryotic mycelia
Microscopic examination required 3 slides before ANY spores were observed validating my suspicion of extreme dilution.
Several bacilli were found prior to finding spores!
At this point ALL inoculations from sporehaven have either been barren or contaminated including the jars which did show mycelia(4  :frown: )
It is seeming as though the buy 4 get 3 deal was a way to scam some extra cash.
I am just happy that there are more scrupulous vendors.For me this is a minor irritation but for someone inexperienced this type of practice can turn potential customers into dissapointed ex-customers.
Conclusion;
  Sporehaven's owner's personal problems have been handed down to the customer,a poor business practice.
A sloppy dilution process is how this "deal" was offered resulting in dilute contaminatd syringes.
The continued lack of response to multiple complaints shows a lack of willingness to do good business.
Sporehaven's past reputation of reliability is now a very questionable thing.
Sincerely,WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum