Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, San Pedro, Shpongle, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI?
    #1273194 - 02/03/03 08:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ive look at erowid and a lot of otehr places but exactly what is used as an MAOI? Are they all perscriptions? and if so exactly what kind? Are there any that i can get by other means? I took about 4 1/2 g ther other night and drank like 4 bottels of that bug Juice stuff with vitamin c and a couple valums....omg that was the best trip i have ever had. Everything fell right into place the whole night...so much fun :smile: to much to explain. 

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: Vulture]
    #1273236 - 02/03/03 08:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

seeds of the desert plant Peganum harmala...
(sheesh, ya couldn'ta looked very hard...)
~
bottels of bug juice stuff??? valums? whazzatschtuff???

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1273253 - 02/03/03 08:41 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm where the hell would i get those seeds?

i herd vitatmin c was good for a trip so i went to the gas station and they didnt have any orange juice so there was this stuff in little bottes called bug juice. It said %100 vitamin c on it so i got like 4 and drank them before and as i was tripping. Valum (?) is a pill my friend takes ... chills you out, not sure exactly what its for but there soemthing he takes for anxiaty and shit...i jsut took 2....not at the same time. We didnt know if they helped the trip or not casue we never tripped that ahrd before of that many shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1273345 - 02/03/03 09:05 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm....seems that most people get there stomach torn to shreds from that shit....kinda like when i ate a bunch of ground up MG seeds...ick that was the worst trip...my stomach was so shitty.

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1273356 - 02/03/03 09:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

drink a lot of coffee and eat lots of chocolate.. it's not a very efficient source of MAO Inhibitors but it'll have some effect.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1273432 - 02/03/03 09:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

i herd vitatmin c was good for a trip

it never worked for me, sounds like a mental thing.
Quote:

i went to the gas station and they didnt have any orange juice so there was this stuff in little bottes called bug juice. It said %100 vitamin c on it so i got like 4 and drank them before and as i was tripping.

sounds counter productive, especially when you drink that much liquid, you piss a lot, and the psilocybin will pass through your body even faster. so how long did your trip last? like 2-4 hours?
Quote:

Valum (?) is a pill my friend takes ... chills you out, not sure exactly what its for but there soemthing he takes for anxiaty and shit

You mean valium?

OfflineBardo
Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: daussaulit]
    #1273640 - 02/03/03 10:17 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hi! first post from me, but been reading around alot lately. greeat board...  :laugh:
peganum harmala is very easy to come by, and it's very cheap. I tried my first plain harmala trip this weekend, with 8 grams. didn't feel sick at anytime... but thats not the way it usually works!! if you decide to try it out (alone or with shrooms) be sure to do a lot of research as it's quite a powefull and potentially dangerous drug!!! 

OfflineNatlix
Stranger
Loc: In front of the Saint- La...
Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: Bardo]
    #1274795 - 02/03/03 03:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hello. i would tell you to forget using prescribe mao. i'm using 600mg manerix daily been doing so for 6years well 900mg before, anyway i've come to figure out this particuiar substance pretty well, and some interactions. Mao-a inhibitors (chemicals ones at least) will mostly "create waves" that will pretty much just speed up or amp up your mushroom reaction and unless taking serious doses 3.5g will not add much depth . I've exprerienced boosting many times but now will usally do a bit less manerix (well if the trip is planned) and a bit more shrooms. Cant say about syrian rue or any other mao . Also taking lithium and psychadelics IS VERY CONFUSING and DANGEROUS

--------------------
I've come to the realisation that Led Zeppelin is pointless. (an. drug dealer)OOHH BABE UHHH(page/plant)

OfflineMrNobody
Loser

#1274864 - 02/03/03 04:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I got great results with a Syrian Rue (Peganum Harmala) extraction.  I ordered the Syrian Rue online then did an extraction.  I don't remember the URL of the site that I ordered from, so you'll have to do a search  :smirk:
I extracted the MAOI with a lemonjuice-water extraction.  Search the forum(s) and there will be info on how to do that...because I don't completely remember that either  :crazy:

--------------------
Free thinkers are dangerous.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: MrNobody]
    #1274938 - 02/03/03 04:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Syrian rue.. I get it from variuos shops around here and there.. costs about ten canadian dollars an ounce which is 9 doses... I wouldn't use chocolate or coffee that's a retarded idea. Neither are MAOIs. Some theorize that chocolate MIGHT be but there's no reason to think so as far as my experience of eating chocolate while tripping goes. Coffee is not an MAOI it is something you should avoid injesting while on an MAOI though. I haven't found Vitamin C enhances my trips at all. Seems like people are split over this issue, which to me means that it doesn't do anything noticeable. Syrian rue, on the other hand will have profound effects on the trip. It's very simple what you gotta do:

go to http://ethnogarden.yage.net and order some dirt cheap syrian rue. It's perfectly legal, but if you want to buy it in the USA then do a search and find your own source. I have dealt with ethnogarden for other things and they are good.

When you get your syrian rue, put it through an electric coffee grinder. The seeds are like rocks, and this is the only way I have ever been able to grind them. I have tried mortar and pestle, pounding, squashing, etc. If you don't grind them then the effects will be much milder.

Put 3 to 4 grams in warm water with a squirt of lemon juice. let it soak. Strain it through a t-shirt. Drink the tea after soaking for 20 minutes or so and then wait another 30 minutes for it to kick in (effects are barely noticeable, so go by the clock) and then eat your mushroom dose. The first few times I took the rue I didn't grind the seeds and although the trip was definetly different, now I see that grinding is essential to get the full range of effects. If you don't grind them you'd have to dose on at least double the seeds by weight.

Oh, and please watch what you eat. I always fast for at least four hours before hand and as I'm coming down I usually eat something but I'm always careful. There is a list of foods to avoid on erowid. It's pretty important that you don't eat the wrong food or you could get fucked up. Also don't use it with any drug until you've researched how it combines. It's unsafe to use it with ectstasy and mescaline, for example.

Have fun! I highly reccomend it!

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: MrNobody]
    #1274942 - 02/03/03 04:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Syrian rue.. I get it from variuos shops around here and there.. costs about ten canadian dollars an ounce which is 9 doses... I wouldn't use chocolate or coffee that's a retarded idea. Neither are MAOIs. Some theorize that chocolate MIGHT be but there's no reason to think so as far as my experience of eating chocolate while tripping goes. Coffee is not an MAOI it is something you should avoid injesting while on an MAOI though. I haven't found Vitamin C enhances my trips at all. Seems like people are split over this issue, which to me means that it doesn't do anything noticeable. Syrian rue, on the other hand will have profound effects on the trip. It's very simple what you gotta do:

go to http://ethnogarden.yage.net and order some dirt cheap syrian rue. It's perfectly legal, but if you want to buy it in the USA then do a search and find your own source. I have dealt with ethnogarden for other things and they are good.

When you get your syrian rue, put it through an electric coffee grinder. The seeds are like rocks, and this is the only way I have ever been able to grind them. I have tried mortar and pestle, pounding, squashing, etc. If you don't grind them then the effects will be much milder.

Put 3 to 4 grams in warm water with a squirt of lemon juice. let it soak. Strain it through a t-shirt. Drink the tea after soaking for 20 minutes or so and then wait another 30 minutes for it to kick in (effects are barely noticeable, so go by the clock) and then eat your mushroom dose. The first few times I took the rue I didn't grind the seeds and although the trip was definetly different, now I see that grinding is essential to get the full range of effects. If you don't grind them you'd have to dose on at least double the seeds by weight.

Oh, and please watch what you eat. I always fast for at least four hours before hand and as I'm coming down I usually eat something but I'm always careful. There is a list of foods to avoid on erowid. It's pretty important that you don't eat the wrong food or you could get fucked up. Also don't use it with any drug until you've researched how it combines. It's unsafe to use it with ectstasy and mescaline, for example.

Have fun! I highly reccomend it! It's a whole other spin on mushrooms!

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: Whats a good easily obtainable MAOI? [Re: daussaulit]
    #1275284 - 02/03/03 06:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

well i ate about 4 1/2 - 5 grams and i ate them with a king size chocolate car (jsut to cover the taste but i have herd it work kind of as an maoi) And i really didnt piss all that much.....it was the best,longest,and hardest trip i have ever had.

here is the report i gave on another forum.

i was hopeing to get about 7g the other day..ended up getting about 4 1/2 each (me and my friend) it was like my 3rd or 4th time doing them but this was the highest dose ive ever done.

Well we got the shrooms at the mall and ate em up with chocolate and 4 bottles of bug juice (this drink with a lot of vitamin c in it they sell at gas stations) and it was the greatest time of my fucking life. We ran around the mall acting like fools but who cares it was fun as shit....there were a thousand people we knew there that we havent seen in years. It was like everything fell in place perfectly that night.

This guy came up and sold us some weed. So we found our friend that is the manager at Hollester and he told us about this huge party but we didnt want to drive there on shrooms cause we didnt know wtf was going on. So we went outside running around and walking around the mall and such. We desided to hang out in the car for a while to wait for the guy to get off and listen to some music.

This is when the visuals started kicking in real good. We started listening to some Shpongle and wow...the mood of the music just totally transforms you (Infected Mushroom is good too it feel like your on a journey through dimesions or some shit) . I was sitting in the passenger seat of my car (why i dont know) but the water spots on my window caught my eye, i started staring at them and they would start running like water, and then morphing around.

I wanted to see wtf it was going to turn into but i just had this overwhelming urge to just laugh my ass off every time i saw it, and when i laughed it just went back and i had to start all over again. So i held it in as hard as i could and the whole car eventually just started to melt around me and i started laughing uncontrolably for like 5 mins.

In the meantime my friend is staring at something like he has seen god and im trying to tell him what i saw, Im like wtf are you looking at and he just holds his finger up to his mouth as if to say shhh. So im looking around like wtf does he see. After the song ends he snaps out of it and was like , OMFG i was seeing these damn arabian people over there and when i looked to the left there were firecrackers all over the ground and shit and i knew it wasent real but it was jsut amazing. I just laughed it off as bullshit but he still insisted later on the he really did se it.

So we went in the mall again when the stores were closed and laughed and such. Untill dude got off then we went to the party and saw all these people i havent seen in years from a bunch of different schools that i wrestled with and shit. Just as i thought my trip was goin away i smoked a little herb and omg i couldent control myself, i felt like a wild man, like i was on hallucinogenic crack or soemthing,well...not really crack...but something it was hegoddamnlarious.

Quite possibly the most fun i have ever had in my entire life.

Im hopeing to get about 70 grams of fresh ones (7g dried) this weekend and do the whole solo trip with no light or music or anything and jsut see waht happens (ive herd some incredeble things) (IE: Terrence Mckenna and some fellow shroomers who say you get complete ego loss and enlightenment and contact with different entities and such http://mckenna.drugtext.org/)

I post a report of how it was next week

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, San Pedro, Shpongle, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience