Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #12734459 - 06/13/10 02:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Found another press conference.  It seems they can't make up their minds whether it "clearly" says "whores" or "hoes".

--------------------
This space for rent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #12734515 - 06/13/10 02:35 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

the doll mentioned in that interview :lol:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Hole or whore? [Re: John]
    #12734699 - 06/13/10 05:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well excuse me, a black doll with a cap saying lil monkey in a box with a monkey and monkey paraphernalia like a banana? "diaper fits both baby and monkey? Fucj yea THAT is inexcusably racist, whether intentional or not and that should be pulled off the shelves.

This Hallmark card however is not at all racist in any way. I'm very sensitive in regard to racial symbolism and implied content and there is none there, whereas the doll/monkey box deal is utter racial :facepalm:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: Asante]
    #12734700 - 06/13/10 05:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
I'm disappointed at the way the Shroomery responds to this though. OK, they are screwing up, do you have to be such dicks about it?

:crymeariver:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Hole or whore? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #12734702 - 06/13/10 05:35 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The reaction was disproportionate.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#12734705 - 06/13/10 05:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Well excuse me, a black doll with a cap saying lil monkey in a box with a monkey and monkey paraphernalia like a banana? "diaper fits both baby and monkey? Fucj yea THAT is inexcusably racist, whether intentional or not and that should be pulled off the shelves.

This Hallmark card however is not at all racist in any way. I'm very sensitive in regard to racial symbolism and implied content and there is none there, whereas the doll/monkey box deal is utter racial :facepalm:

:crymeariver::crymeariver:

The cry of racism is the last sputtering cry of a weak mind.

I suppose when people call their little ones "munchkins" they are making fun of dwarves/midgets as well.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#12734717 - 06/13/10 05:46 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A nonsense anti-PC slogan. When something is racist, and you say it is, its calling a spade a spade.

Go visit stormfront and do some research whether actual  self-proclaimed racists associate black people with monkeys, jungles and bananas.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#12734741 - 06/13/10 06:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

A nonsense anti-PC slogan. When something is racist, and you say it is, its calling a spade a spade.

Go visit stormfront and do some research whether actual  self-proclaimed racists associate black people with monkeys, jungles and bananas.

So the rest of us who don't, get lumped in with those who do? Do you think blacks are the only group that has had to hear stuff like that from a few brain dead assholes? Ever hear the phrase..... the few ruin it for the many? How about associative guilt?

How about growing a spine and realizing that they are just words? How about caring about something that actually matters?

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#12734749 - 06/13/10 06:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

How about growing a spine and realizing that they are just words?

Those are not words, those are dolls for kids 3 years and up, implanting associations in developing minds at a very early age. It trains kids to make a common racist association between monkeys and black people. That doll box deal gives real racism something to latch onto at a later age.

Quote:

How about caring about something that actually matters?

You don't get to decide what is important, we all do, so don't try to silence my freedom of speech with statements like "weak mind" and "grow a spine" appealing to my desire to "fit in". I see what you're doing and reject it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#12734790 - 06/13/10 06:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

How about growing a spine and realizing that they are just words?

Those are not words, those are dolls for kids 3 years and up, implanting associations in developing minds at a very early age. It trains kids to make a common racist association between monkeys and black people. That doll box deal gives real racism something to latch onto at a later age.

Quote:

How about caring about something that actually matters?

You don't get to decide what is important, we all do, so don't try to silence my freedom of speech with statements like "weak mind" and "grow a spine" appealing to my desire to "fit in". I see what you're doing and reject it.

I weep for you.

By making a big deal over nothing, you're helping to sentence another generation of people into being whining sniveling little shits.

"I see what you're doing and reject it."  Thanks for the laugh. Now grow a pair. Be comfortable with who and what you are. Save your righteous indignation for those people and things who are truly racist.

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #12734890 - 06/13/10 07:46 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Wait...you're not truly calling Obama a racist, are you?? How could it be, he's the Messiah...

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

InvisibleKiefish
JuniperJones
 User Gallery

Re: Hole or whore? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12735243 - 06/13/10 09:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

WOW.

I love this country.

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: kergan]
    #12735353 - 06/13/10 10:34 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

tsk tsk. All you whiteys, making fun of the blackness.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: Brugman]
    #12735360 - 06/13/10 10:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Hole or whore? [Re: blissedout]
    #12735385 - 06/13/10 10:45 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

why would hallmark say "black whores" on that goofy ass card.

that doesn't make sense. I thought at the least it would be a raunchy card or something but its like two characters you would see on cartoon network at 9 in the morning. those retards obviously just heard it wrong.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12735399 - 06/13/10 10:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

People like to complain about things.  It makes them feel empowered.

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Hole or whore? [Re: Set]
    #12735415 - 06/13/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

why is hallmark even responding this?

I would just go...uh, no, you misheard it we're not changing it because you're hard of hearing.

i suppose the practical answer is its a better PR decision to just recall the card but in a matter of principle I would hold a press conference to tell these people to go fuck themselves for falling victim to cognitive bias and then causing a ruckus about it.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12735440 - 06/13/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:

i suppose the practical answer is its a better PR decision to just recall the card but in a matter of principle I would hold a press conference to tell these people to go fuck themselves for falling victim to cognitive bias and then causing a ruckus about it.

that's why you don't own a multi-million(billion?)dollar company! but most likely yah, not worth the trouble to fight it to them. they would lose more customers then they would gain by it either way.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Hole or whore? [Re: John]
    #12735748 - 06/13/10 11:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

haha exactly

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Hole or whore? [Re: Maurer]
    #12736661 - 06/13/10 02:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Maurer said:
I like that he says African-American. African is a country label not a race, the only way to be an African-American is to be born in Africa and become a citizen of the states...

Have you honestly never heard the term 'African-American' before?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds