Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: monoamine]
    #1255483 - 01/28/03 10:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I bet I know what happened, he read some experince report about someone who did a shit load of diffrent drugs (and by pure luck made it thru with a fun experince) and thought "hey! the exsact same thing will happen to me!" and off he went... only the exsact same thing DIDN'T happen.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: Sombie]
    #1255705 - 01/28/03 12:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It all boils down this kid being a dumb ass.They should scrap the WOD altogether,and start a war on stupidity.

I can just imagine the magazine articles- Is Your Child A Moron: Early Warning Signs

(excerpt from article)...Larry was a good kid until he fell in with the wrong crowd and started down the horrible path of Moron(TM) addiction...the DEA (Dumbass Enforcement Agency) and FBI have recently stepped up efforts to crack down on Moron(TM)...

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by grandmasterfat (01/28/03 12:28 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: monoamine]
    #1255712 - 01/28/03 12:29 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>>>the DEA and FBI have recently stepped up efforts to crack down on Moron(TM)... <<<

Apparently, their strategy is to flood the market.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1255849 - 01/28/03 01:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

if it wasn't for erowid...I would have probably been dead a long time ago..seriously. I owe thanks to erowid and the shroomery.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1256025 - 01/28/03 02:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There have been quite a few drugs that I've stayed away from completly after reading about other's experiences on Erowid and other drug related sites.I wish that I had access to sites like these back in high school..Would of saved me from making some stupid mistakes.

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: Crass]
    #1269855 - 02/02/03 12:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

CBS is just trying to scare viewers, networks feel that's the only way to get viewers anymore. so now people will flock to erowid, get educated and curious, and drug use will increase. also, the US government will probably make something else illegal as a result of this, but we've all seen how effective the war on drugs is...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! who benefits from these laws? Drug dealers. who gets hurt by these laws? your children, who are forced to look to more dangerous methods of altering their consciousness because safer means are now ILLEGAL...ok, sorry for the political rant. i guess people don't have the right to alter their consciousness under US law, unless it's by using a non-enlightening government approved substance like tobacco or alcohol...must...stop...ranting

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: rhizo]
    #1270814 - 02/02/03 09:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i agree rhizo. ALL news stations ( especially the one i loathe the most, cnn) are nothing but sensationalists yes this kid od ing was tragic, but what they fail to mention and would have seen if they investigated erowid as much as the poor fucks family and friends, is that there is a lot of valuable information on erowid, THAT SAVES FREAKING LIVES! how many expose' have you seen treating the medicle profession and pharm manufacturers with this style of journalism? and pharms kill a lot more ppl ( young and old alike ) than any possible entheogen combination. Same goes for the alcohol industry. there was a craze a few years back, where a lot of kids died from hazing rituals in college initiations . not once did cbs, nbs, cnn, abc say that damn anhieser busche company is killing our children. the blame was placed on frats and peer pressure. funny how none of that is brought into play in this case, it was all erowids fault....... BULLSHIT!!!!

strange enough now that CBS has made all those 50 year old ladies shake their heads and say oh my goodness, there is a possability that this will become a problem. again a breif look at new history. not too long ago there was a couple incidents in a larger city where a gang drove around with their lights off, and when ppl flashed their at them, they would chase them down and shoot at them, i believe a couple ppl were killed. well the news picked up on it, and wasnt to long that this was happening country wide, even in little hick towns where everyone knew everyone else. the news made this the latest "thing to do"

if the news wants to make it so information sites such as the shroomer, erowid, poppies. org and so on and so on, held responsible for what may they MAY have had a part in, then the news journalist and station should be held responsable for what they MAY have started.

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Edited by ChromeCrow (02/02/03 09:43 AM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #1271101 - 02/02/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I blame the media for most of the school shootings that happened a few years ago.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1271677 - 02/02/03 04:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol i had that included BH but edited it out because i felt i was rambling.

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Erowid on CBS? [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #1272353 - 02/02/03 09:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Great thoughts ChromeCrew. I am just as saddened as yourself.

"Journalism" doesn't mean anything anymore. The only people who get heard or read are the people who have the money; and the people who have the money are the people who dance around in the shadow of of the corporate or political titans. Nothing is pure anymore. The profit motive permeates everything that is. Therefore, not much of anything you see or hear can be trusted.

These are fretful times to be alive. It just drives me crazy. We can't look out the window or walk down the street without being lied to. It's on the side of every bus, every park bench, every 20 feet along every road. It's on every last available TV and radio station. It's in every workplace, in every school, on the side of every building. Nonsense. One day I expect to look up at the moon and see a flashing Pepsi logo.

Think of the numbers! The moon is visible for at least 8 hours a day over huge segments of the earth! That's billions of faces gazing at your logo, 24 hours a day. It's unbeatable! Adcorp owns 72% of NASA. We can provide the advertising power you need! All you have to do is sign on this dotted line...

And so on.

But EROWID is to blame for the decay of our youth! It's all EROWID's fault! And if it's not Erowid, it's Marilyn Manson. And if it's not Marilyn Manson, it's all those violent video games. And if it's not those violent video games, it's Eminem. And if it's not Eminem, it's Saddam Hussein. And if it's not Saddam Hussein, it's.. well, we'll find out soon enough.

Always one terrible menace to the next. Killer Bees? Y2K? Terrorism? Everyone's playing violins for Israel, but many people aren't even aware of the situation in Tibet for the past 50 years..

It's all two-faced rhetoric, and so many people just gobble it up. Makes me very sad.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Edited by Ped (02/02/03 09:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder