Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezoomery
psilocybinist

Loc: saskatchewan
humidity again...
    #1271506 - 02/02/03 05:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I tried doing extensive searches to find out this question, but i couldnt find a definate or approximate answer.

What kinda of humidity does the aquarium pump to an airstone in a jar of water give off? Whats the peak? I dont plan on buying a hygrometer.... if you dont know the answer maybe an approximate one?

The containers id be using this pump in are 38L and 58L rubbermaid containers. I dont know if this matters any but the pump im using says on the packaging that its designed for a 10gallon aquarium.

Thnx in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesnaxstix
journeyman
Re: humidity again... [Re: zoomery]
    #1271529 - 02/02/03 05:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

What kinda of humidity does the aquarium pump to an airstone in a jar of water give off?

not high enough, you'll still need to mist if your going to run it 24/7
Quote:

Whats the peak?

depends on the humidity where the pump is. your probably going to want a bigger pump that that though.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1271535 - 02/02/03 05:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Do you plan on using any perlite because if you don't plan on buying a hygrometer and are dead set on not buying one , Then depending on what your air conditions are around where you need to raise the humidity then the only way to say without a hygrometer is to see if you can build humidity on the walls of the fruiting chamber. If you can't get any, then thats not enough. If you see alot of build up of droplets on the top and they tend to drip alot then too much. Tiny drops everywhere IMEO = 85-90 RH. There's really is no way to tell accurately without a hygrometer. You could try and get the pump and see.. But you may need to get perlite for added humidity depending on the humididty of the surroundings. Unless you are mainly concerned about air exchange you might want to consider starting with perlite humidification to try and determine where you sit in RH.

The RH may also be dependant on what you have in this fruiting chamber. Casings can quite often support their own RH without extra humidification(depending on certain factors like misting the casing and moisture content of substrate and/or spawn)..unlike cakes.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (02/02/03 05:41 PM)

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1271557 - 02/02/03 05:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm using a 68 L Stearlite tub as a fruiting chamber. Humidity is provided by an aquarium pump and an airstone submerged in a small pitcher containing water and perlite. It keeps the humidity just right.  :smile: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinezoomery
psilocybinist

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: humidity again... [Re: dog]
    #1271587 - 02/02/03 05:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well i might just want to boost it to like say 70% for optimal conditions for jar colonoisation.

And maybe later for my casings? I know casings retain and use most of their own moisture/humidity, but I thought maybe the air pump could say bump it up a little... making the conditions a little more favorable

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation