Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Mycobags, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
Mycobag isn't colonizing
    #1271499 - 02/02/03 05:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've been trying to grow in a mycobag, and I have yet to see the substrate colonize. This is my first grow and I'm a bit confused as to why it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

On Jan 10th, I inoculated for the first time. I followed the instructions given; two ccs inserted at two points in the bag. When I innoculated the bag, I shot the solution toward the center. I sterilized the needle before inserting it with alchohol, as per instructions, and also wiped down the innoculation spot with alchohol before and after.

After ten days, on the 20th, I figured if it should've colonized by then and followed instructions I got off of the board (from that guy who grew like 300g of treasure coast) for how to reinnoculate. I innoculated 4ccs toward the outside of the bag (as in, I could see the needle when innoculating)  and all around, thinking surely this would colonize it. The needle was flame-sterilized, I sprayed lysol and wiped down with 78% alchohol.

Now, it's thirteen days later and I'm wondering why this thing still hasn't done anything. I've got 2ccs left, but I'm saving those for FungiFun's PF Tek in 1/2 pt jars. I squeezed the bag a little to aerate the rye grain.

The temperature varies from 72?F to 89?F, with an average temp of about 80-82. I'm working on an incubator for the jars. It was my impression that lower temperatures were okay, and that it would just take longer to colonize, but higher temperatures weren't good to use. Whenever it has gotten too hot in there, I've attempted to keep the temperature down.. I doubt that it has suffered heat damage.

I'm not really holding my breath for this thing to do anything, and putting most of my efforts into getting some jars ready (just need a coffee grinder for the BRF, lol). Any help is appreciated, and .. I know I should've just gone with pftek to start out with, but... Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien :wink: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Mycobag isn't colonizing [Re: Seeka]
    #1271509 - 02/02/03 05:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dude if its 89 degrees outside the bag, its like 100 degrees inside, you fried your spores buddy

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

#1271511 - 02/02/03 05:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well the first time I tried the myco-bags I had one bag that did nothing after 30 days,so I e-mailed them and told them about my problem and they sent me replacments,now I finaly have a treasure coast bag going and it's getting covered with white fluffy mycelium!

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
Re: Mycobag isn't colonizing [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1273512 - 02/03/03 09:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

89 outside = 100 inside? That's not what I heard... First of all, it wasn't 89 constantly. Every time it got that hot I would move the bag to another place, and around here it didn't get that hot often. I heard that for fungifun's incubator, you were supposed to set the temperature to 27C/80F because the mycos generate heat themselves, but it's only 2-4 degrees.

Offlinescabies
Stranger
    #9896025 - 03/02/09 01:36 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

89 IS WAY TO HOT,, ITS A BAG, HEAT IS STORED INSTIDE THE BAG,, AS A MATTER OF FACT USE A FUCKING HEATER THATS A GOOD DISTANCE AWAY AND HEAT THE WHOLE ROOM,, DONT USE DIRECT HEAT UNLESS ITS THE HYDROFARM SEEDLING HEAT MAT WITH THE ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTATE AND PROB,, THATS THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW YOUR CONSTANT TEMP, ITS NOT GOOD FOR TEMPS TO FLUXUATE EITHER, KEEP THEM CONSTANT, TRUST ME ON THIS DIRECT HEAT CAN RUIN ALOT OF PROJECTS ...

Offlineanakin3197
JEDI MASTER
 User Gallery

Re: Mycobag isn't colonizing [Re: scabies]
    #9896232 - 03/02/09 02:07 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

defiently way too hot. when you knocked it up the first time, did you take the needle out, and the reinsert it? or jus move it around ?

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Mycobag isn't colonizing [Re: anakin3197]
    #9896273 - 03/02/09 02:14 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

1. The temp was too high. Room temp is fine. I don't know why people think higher temps help speed up growth.
2. Bags suck use jars. I always read about people having stalled growth in bags.
3. Was it premade (i.e. you bought it preped off a website)...if so that was most likely your fatal error. Premade anything blows.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Mycobags, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation