Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMens tranquilla
In lake'ch
My first home grown mushies
    #1271048 - 02/02/03 11:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Heya! I have Stropharia Cubensis Growing Kit and have some simple questions about it.

Ive had it growing now for 2 weeks and its finally started to show some signs of growing, so now im intrested when i should make my first harvest. Largest one is about 3cm high and pretty thick, but mostly just tiny little ones. So any tips on good harvesting time are welcome. :smile:

Im planning to dry them on oven which im going to put somewhere around 30 Celsius with its fan on and close the door and keep em there for about 5-9 hours or so until they seem dry. Then if im not going to be ready to consume them, im gonna grind them and put on plastic bag and then inside air tight glass jar. 

Hope i can get myself decent mushie farm someday instead of these growing kits.  :laugh: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Mens tranquilla]
    #1271067 - 02/02/03 11:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: My first home grown mushies [Re: X.O]
    #1271069 - 02/02/03 11:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

*grins* was that really necessary?

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

OfflineHafrican
Mega-ultrachicken

Loc: SW Azerbaijan
Re: My first home grown mushies [Re: Mens tranquilla]
    #1271077 - 02/02/03 11:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Please, do *not* put them in the oven! Fan dry for 24-48 hours, then use dessicant if you plan on storing them for longer than a week or two. X.O is right -- read the FAQ dude.

OfflineMens tranquilla
In lake'ch
Re: My first home grown mushies [Re: Hafrican]
    #1271107 - 02/02/03 11:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well the thing is i dont understand a rat ass about that Dessicant drying setup, dont even understand what dessicant means(im not native english speaker). I seem to have no other fan(except hairdresser :smile:)  than one in my oven, and you can use it without putting heat on but still it seems to blow warm air (about 30C estimate) Itll have to do so hope it aint too much.

Thanks anyway. 

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1271135 - 02/02/03 12:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It?s desiccant, not dessicant.
What language do you speak?

Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

#1271216 - 02/02/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

no oven dudu even at low tempratures eat them fresh (one)
or dry them in front of an air condition
or a simple fan it will take a bit longer but so what just don't put them in the oven you'll regret it for sure

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1271229 - 02/02/03 01:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Largest one is about 3cm high and pretty thick, but mostly just tiny little ones. So any tips on good harvesting time are welcome.

Harvest soon after the veil breaks. Unless you are printing.. Do a search. for Harvest or Harvesting

:smirk: 

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: My first home grown mushies [Re: tsimpikao]
    #1271233 - 02/02/03 01:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

jesus guys, 30 c is about 86 f, it's that hot in my apartment with the heat going, he's not going to "ruin" them that way...

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: My first home grown mushies [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1271273 - 02/02/03 01:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

please listen them very carefully.when i just go out for my first huntings i found some eq s i think .they the biggest one i ever seen (i didn t see also so much except pictures)there are some guys also hunting and they really want to take them from my hands.god they are very big .i came home and put them near a very hot heater .nothing happened also then. when i see what im doing wrong i m very angry.

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Edited by fugu (02/02/03 01:29 PM)

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
Re: My first home grown mushies [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1271382 - 02/02/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

...he might if theyre in a small confined space like an oven as opposed to a large room withe ambient heat, but all the methods of drying are so goddam simple, why take the chance? either way tranquilla, you should read the faq to familiarize yrself with the various drying methods... otherwise, just eat them fresh... out of curiosity though, where are you from? packets of desiccant are found in most boxes of footwear, if not all...

OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

#1271521 - 02/02/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

if you dont have a fan, then use an air condition unit, just put a old shirt or something somewhere infront of it and lay your babies down on it and leave them there for about 24 hours. and if that doesnt work... please dont use heat unless absolutly necessary! go out and spend 3 or 4 dollars on a fan at the thrift store, its definatly worth it

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

Edited by ShroomBoarder (02/02/03 03:21 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1271534 - 02/02/03 03:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

desiccant is stuff painters use to dry the air so paint drys faster, its used whenever the air needs to be dry, the mmgg explains well with pictures how to make a drying chamber, im gonna have my 11 year old sister read that part of the tek, then give her all the supplies to make it, i garentee she will be able too, so dont be lazy and make a damn drying chamber, its simple as freakin breathing

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinejoseconseo
journeyman
Re: My first home grown mushies [Re: ShroomBoarder]
    #1271546 - 02/02/03 03:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

man just take a copy of the word desicant to likea home depot or something like that and tell them you just need a little bit.. thats all

--------------------
-"We can't stop here... this is bat country"

-Hunter S. Thompson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates