Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Orange Cyanscens?!?
    #1268882 - 02/01/03 03:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I live in British Columbia about an hour from Vancouver, I was walking around on 7g dried and the mushroom led me to some of it's odd friends. The caps are wavy and red with sort of yellow rings and the stem is red, gills are a light orange/yellow. They had really sort (like 1 inch) stems and grew VERY CLOSE together (like overlapping) in a pile of dead grass in this sort of marshy field beside some trees.

--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Orange Cyanscens?!? [Re: Wysefool]
    #1268884 - 02/01/03 03:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

making a print right now...

--------------------
]

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #1268968 - 02/01/03 04:25 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, that doesn't even slightly resemble anything like a cyanescen. Try reading up a little more. There have been many informative posts in the last couple months refering to this mushroom. No offense but if you don't have a clue you're better off searching the web than searching your yard.  :smirk: 

--------------------

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Orange Cyanscens?!? [Re: @cro]
    #1268990 - 02/01/03 04:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why say that?. If ya don't have a clue search the web? the best way to learn is to search your "yard" with a good guide and learn to identify mushrooms.

Looking at pictures on the web of this mushroom or that isn't going to get you half as far as finding the real thing, in its enviroment and useing a few good feild guides.

He gave a fairly good description of what he saw and asked for confirmation of what he thaught (well in this case I think hoped) the mushroom was. He hadn't done anything wrong and there wasn't any cause to say he shouldn't be mushroom hunting.

I disagree whole heartedly, I think you should hunt more. Pick any mushroom you come across and don't stop till you have a good identification. Don't ingest anything yet as your just learning but by all means learn to identify every mushroom you can. Good luck bro

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Orange Cyanscens?!? [Re: CoolMojo]
    #1269049 - 02/01/03 05:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My point was just that he was so far off, it would have taken him 2 minutes searching here to have known for himself it wasn't what he was hoping for. The books are great but you will truly find much more specific information on this mushroom searching old posts here than the one paragraph description given in a field guide. Nothing beats a field guide for IDing an unknown but when your looking for a specific mushroom, especially one which this site specializes in, you're better off searching here. Or at least take a glimpse of what the site has to offer cause even that would have clued him in.
BlackZombie - Do a search in the Hunting forum for cyanescens make sure to make it for the last couple months and you will be much better prepared. Just so you know though it is kind of late in the season and you would be better off looking for Stunzii which grow throughout a wider season. Good Luck

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Orange Cyanscens?!? [Re: CoolMojo]
    #1269063 - 02/01/03 05:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Why say that?. If ya don't have a clue search the web? the best way to learn is to search your "yard" with a good guide and learn to identify mushrooms.

Looking at pictures on the web of this mushroom or that isn't going to get you half as far as finding the real thing, in its enviroment and useing a few good feild guides.

He gave a fairly good description of what he saw and asked for confirmation of what he thaught (well in this case I think hoped) the mushroom was. He hadn't done anything wrong and there wasn't any cause to say he shouldn't be mushroom hunting.

I disagree whole heartedly, I think you should hunt more. Pick any mushroom you come across and don't stop till you have a good identification. Don't ingest anything yet as your just learning but by all means learn to identify every mushroom you can. Good luck bro

I think @cro was implying that he'd be better off searching on the web for information on mushrooms. That way he could at least have an idea of what characteristics distinguish cyans from other mushrooms(I can tell you a veil is NOT one of them.). Doing lots of reseach on the net and buying a good guide are some good first steps to make when starting to hunt for mushrooms. Finding random mushrooms in your yard and asking if they are active is not, and gets annoying after a while. Typicaly you will not find cyans in your yard.

I know this post sounds negative, but I'm not trying to put anyone down, I'm just stating the facts. Work(or research in this case) before play is just how it has to be.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Orange Cyanscens?!? [Re: Gumby]
    #1269775 - 02/01/03 10:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Gah, it pains me to ask this, but do you think it could be stuntzii then?
It looks a lot like this except the stems are only like an inch, I didn?t even think they had stems when I first looked at them!

--------------------
]

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #1269789 - 02/01/03 10:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm looking at the cap again it's about 5cm from edge to edge and goes from orange in the middle and most of the mushroom to dark brown at the edges...

Here's a cyanscen picture that looks a lot like the ones I found too, which led me to believe that's what it was:

--------------------
]

Edited by BlackZombie (02/01/03 11:05 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1269796 - 02/01/03 11:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

if the stipe was red then it's not stuntzii

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Orange Cyanscens?!? [Re: canid]
    #1269799 - 02/01/03 11:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

stipe?

--------------------
]

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #1269802 - 02/01/03 11:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think I could have found a galerina maybe? I might get some pictures if I can borrow my friend's digital camera!

--------------------
]

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1269843 - 02/01/03 11:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

stipe is the propper term for the stem of a mushroom.
teh physical description does fit with a galerina, but the habitat seems to indicate otherwise. i wouldn't rule it out though as my knowlege of galerinas is somewhat limited to the more common and dangerous species (like those sharing habitat with more common active soecies).

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (02/02/03 12:01 AM)

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1271173 - 02/02/03 12:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

post pic of shroom, ids overfrowing.
no post pic of shroom, no ids worth snot.
study shroom on web good way learn diffrent type mushroom.
read description too.
when think you know, type name in search engine. look at pic. read. read. read.
then post pic and ask.
if no pic, really good description. sound like galerina to me. no orange or red in psilocybe(at least in active psilocybe)
word.

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1272475 - 02/03/03 12:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nice image of the P. stuntzii.

Mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix