Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz Mountains
Organic Compost For Bulk (For my friends Toad)
    #1270615 - 02/02/03 10:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

A friends pet toad is attempting to make a bulk spawn of some compost that he (the toad) found in the backyard/organic garden of the "hippy dippy" school that he hops around at. In the back yard, so he croaks, is a compost pile of straw, vegetables, egg shells, and basically anything that the people at the restaraunt dont eat...including kitchen scraps. "Remember", he throatily croaked, "Everything here is organic, and the compost that I have seen is rich and black". Should my friend, the Toad, use this compost to grow his toad-stools to play on? He also claims to have several quart jars of rye grain fully colonized...should he take the risk? What else would you all suggest doing with this fully colonized rye grain?

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of the universe?"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Organic Compost For Bulk (For my friends Toad) [Re: FleshTemple]
    #1270621 - 02/02/03 10:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

careful! the Toad-narcs are watching!

i suspect that there will be uncomposted stuff you have to screen out, but if you (ahem, your toad friend) sterilises it well, or does it all outdoors, success sounds like an option!

good luck Mr toad :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation