Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: SUPERstitions [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #12714184 - 06/09/10 09:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

It's totally irrational and I know it.

Well, that is a complete surprise.

More character assassination coming from you?  Shocker.

Dude, let it go.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Re: SUPERstitions [Re: Mufungo]
    #12714187 - 06/09/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the honest reply.  I wonder how many people practice superstitions but don't believe in them?

--------------------

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: SUPERstitions [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #12714356 - 06/09/10 10:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Mushrooms said:
As far as manipulating things with my mind goes, I have been attempting it, with some success, since I was five.  I think there must be some scientific explanation for it.

Could you elaborate on this? Maybe give some examples?
Obviously it's a claim worthy of some significant skepticism, but at the same time, we've all seen little instances where it's hard to write off completely.
I can't say I've personally ever really succeeded in manipulating things mentally, but I feel like I've seen it done. Specifically, I've seen it done every goddamn time that I play Yahtzee with my mother. She consistently wins by nearly a hundred points every time we play, and I'm at a complete loss to explain it. We've played hundreds of games, and I think I could count the times she's lost on two hands.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Re: SUPERstitions [Re: laserpig]
    #12714983 - 06/09/10 01:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
Quote:

Mr. Mushrooms said:
As far as manipulating things with my mind goes, I have been attempting it, with some success, since I was five.  I think there must be some scientific explanation for it.

Could you elaborate on this? Maybe give some examples?
Obviously it's a claim worthy of some significant skepticism, but at the same time, we've all seen little instances where it's hard to write off completely.
I can't say I've personally ever really succeeded in manipulating things mentally, but I feel like I've seen it done. Specifically, I've seen it done every goddamn time that I play Yahtzee with my mother. She consistently wins by nearly a hundred points every time we play, and I'm at a complete loss to explain it. We've played hundreds of games, and I think I could count the times she's lost on two hands.

That's a good example.  Here's one I actually found justification for.  I used to play a card game called Crazy 8's.  [seeing if the Swamster will take the bait]  And I was phenomenal at it.  I was the reigning champion and very hard to beat.  When I was 14, with my Mom, Dad, Aunt and Uncle, I played for several hours.  I had lost a few hands and then I proclaimed, "I'm not going to lose another hand."  We played 14 games after that and I won ever one of them.  After the 14th game, my Aunt, who was a sore loser, said, "All right, that's enough.  Time for bed."

It wasn't until I was in my 30's that I realized I was counting cards subconsciously.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale