Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkiLLz
Stranger
Hi my name is....
    #1266399 - 01/31/03 05:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

SkiLLz here, I'm a total newbie to this and thought I'd just introduce myself and drop a few questions. I am a broke ass college student by day and a not-so-legal street racer by night. I need some cash and a new experience so I  figure Shroomz are the way to go. I just purchased all my supplies to grow them plus 2 syringes from TLG. One of Creeper and one of B+. Are these good varieties to start with? Also, Does everything hafta be super sterile? I mean of course if I was to drop a gallon of 20 weight oil on a cake thats a bad thing but, will I need Latex gloves like in brain surgery?  :cool:      

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Hi my name is.... [Re: SkiLLz]
    #1266414 - 01/31/03 05:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

id say try to be as sterile as brain surgery. its a main part of mushies

welcome to the shroomery

wat ya drive?

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1266549 - 01/31/03 06:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the nessecary degree of sterility depends largely upon your environmental conditions, but it's best to be cautious so do what you can.
the most important time to be sterile is during inoculation and incubation. once your cakes/spaw/whatever are fully colonized you don't have to worry so much but you still shouldn't let your gaurd down.
you don't need gloves but it is a good idea to wear clean cloths and wash your hands prior to doing any work. remember that you are going to be the primary source of contams second to the air around you and the cakes.
good luck.
BTW, your reference to money brings up another issue: if you are growing them to sell them, it's not a good idea to talk publicly about it, you draw more attention that way.
once again, good luck.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1266650 - 01/31/03 06:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Skillz and welcome to the Shroomery. Hope we will make you in the end an entusiast amateur mycologist instead of a shroom seller. :wink:

Shroom cultivation is tough and easy at the same time. Noone can guarantee you that you wont face extreme difficulties, nor that you will find it extremely easy. Its a matter of so many parameters, that in the end, each of us have find his/her own way of reaching to the much wanted 'flush' :smile:

I would say Respect the shrooms and dont start with 'selling' in mind. Try to understand what you have to do and why is this needed by the mycelium. Be kind, be positive and at the end, be helpful. If this hobby can later on bring you some cash, okee, but be prepared to pay some money and then pay some more until you make it happen.

Good Luck! :wink: 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Edited by kykeon (01/31/03 07:00 PM)

OfflineTenchi
Myco-Newb

#1267060 - 01/31/03 10:53 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good choice of spores and great choice of a spore vendor! Ive said it before and ill say it again CLOROX DISINFECTANT SPRAY!!!! Pray to it!, Love it! im somewhat lax with my sterility and I have zero problems with contams. A few minutes before you start working, go in the room and spray ALOT, dont be stingy, spray away, this will allow you to make some mistakes and still be safe.

OfflineSkiLLz
Stranger
Re: Hi my name is.... [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1267622 - 02/01/03 08:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanx 4 all tha positive feedback. I definitely plan to grow them for myself too, not just to sell. However since billz fly through tha mail twice as fast as checks sometimes you gotta do something on tha side for cash, hence tha not-so-legal street racing bracket.

Oh by tha way Subgenius.......I have a '03 Mustang GT, a '86 Mustang GT 'vert and a '02 Kia Rio.......The Mustangs are my money makers ...the Rio is my family car.

~SkiLLz

Invisibleshlauncha
    #1269361 - 02/01/03 07:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

mustangs... no wonder your poor.  :smirk: 

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1269430 - 02/01/03 07:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hi my name is....

Slim Shady

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules