Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFazEd
Ego Exploration
anti-anxity question
    #1268125 - 02/01/03 12:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My friend is on an anti-anxiety/depressant pill right now called venlafaxine HCl aka effexor. Im wondering if it would be alright for him to do mushrooms while on the pill.... If so what do you think the recommended dosage for him would be, he has done mushrooms before also.

--------------------
-Completely FazEd
Leggo my Ego

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStonersdream
Stranger
Re: anti-anxity question [Re: FazEd]
    #1268806 - 02/01/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think it would depend on how bad his case is , if his deprerssion is really bad then i wouldnt suggest he take them , but if its very mild then go for it..

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: anti-anxity question *DELETED* [Re: FazEd]
    #1268873 - 02/01/03 03:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1269261 - 02/01/03 06:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I got sick when I took shrooms when I was taking effexor.

rofl instead of stopping shrooms, I stopped the effexor :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineFazEd
Ego Exploration
Re: anti-anxity question [Re: Strumpling]
    #1269326 - 02/01/03 07:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks so much for your input guys, I was talkin with my friend and what you guys described is exacly what he felt... While he was on these pills when we would smoke we found that he would get really high, and he also said that it was like mushrooms all the time with weed and without, like you were saying about it amplifying the effects and feeling like a constant mush trip.

Thanks again.

peace

--------------------
-Completely FazEd
Leggo my Ego

Edited by FazEd (02/01/03 07:42 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: anti-anxity question [Re: poke smot!]
    #1288807 - 02/07/03 12:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Combining SSRI's and mushrooms will not cause serotonin syndrome. It is caused when an SSRI is taken with something else that directly effects serotonin (ie: by releasing it or inhibiting metabolism). Since psilocybin does not cause the release of serotonin it will not cause serotonin syndrome.

:smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
Re: anti-anxity question [Re: trendal]
    #1289197 - 02/07/03 02:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

bad idea. antidepressant drugs, if its a monoamine osidase inhibito, will dramatically increase the trip level. "MAOIs in Combination with Psychedelics
Generally-increase the effects of the psychedelic significantly. Be extremely careful" find out if its a maoi.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info8.shtml

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: anti-anxity question [Re: sancho]
    #1289300 - 02/07/03 03:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was talking about SSRI's, not MAOI's.

I'm not sure why anyone would go on an MAOI in this day and age. They are way too dangerous IMHO.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1289425 - 02/07/03 04:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'm not sure why anyone would go on an MAOI in this day and age. They are way too dangerous IMHO.

I'm not sure if they're available in the states,but there are newer MAOI's that are more selective for a certain type of MAO,that are much less dangerous.I've heard they don't react as badly with tyramine,thus being less likely to cause hypertensive crises.They are definately not first line treatments though.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1289448 - 02/07/03 04:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Combining SSRI's and mushrooms will not cause serotonin syndrome

Actually,I don't think that's entirely true.I think serotonin syndrome is caused by overexcitation of serotonin receptors,but doesn't necessarily need to be caused by serotonin itself.I don't think it's very likely to happen though with SSRI's and psychedelics though.However,there is a good amount of literature describing people who've taken LSD with lithium,tricyclics,and MOAI having seizures.

Overall,it's probably not a good idea to mix Effexor and mushrooms,especially if the person has only been on the the medicine for a short period of time or they are depressed.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #1290013 - 02/07/03 09:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been taking Effexor for 6 years with Manic Depression and Ive had both good and bad trips with it.......I avoid taking them shrooms now though cuz I saw this commercial during the superbowl where this real young girl got pregnant because she smoked weed....anyone else stop tripping after seeing that Commercial?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Edited by Northernsoul (02/07/03 09:44 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: anti-anxity question [Re: Northernsoul]
    #1290518 - 02/08/03 06:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that commercial made me want to puke

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom