Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelifeinallday
Slothin

Loc: fucked in time
I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM
    #12678243 - 06/03/10 01:57 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

please, when you pick a cap, dont pull the whole base of the stem out of the ground, cut the stem (near the base) so the mycelium is not disturbed. some people wonder why years back there fields were producing much more fruits, well the answer most likely is that retartds picked them and disturbed the myc. growth by pulling the whole shroom out of the ground, without mycelium mushrooms dont grow. if you dont know what mycelium is its the white fluffy looking stuff that mushrooms grow off of. soo, when you pick, its best to bring scissors to cut the stem and leave the base in the ground shit or whatever your picking out of, if you dont have scissors (or a knife wich would do) use your fingers to clip the stem, DO NOT PULL THE WHOLE MUSHROOM OUT OF THE GROUND, it causes much strain on the myc.

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: lifeinallday]
    #12678248 - 06/03/10 01:58 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineAtlantic Wind

Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #12678270 - 06/03/10 02:02 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I'm really unsure if this is true, although it seems like it could make sense. I found this great field back in March and it was fruiting like crazy. I pretty much picked it clean every week and now in June when we should be approaching the peak of the season its not producing jack shit. I'm starting to use scissors now though.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: Atlantic Wind] * 1
    #12678352 - 06/03/10 02:16 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I agree that you shouldn't just brutally tear the whole fruit out of its substrate. However, even if you do, it's not very likely to hurt the organism much as a whole, because even if you pick all fruits in such an ignorant manner you are unlikely to remove all mycelium from its substrate and it will just continue to grow and colonize the available substrate until it has colonized it all. The reason I don't tear out the fruit bodies like that has more to do with my general respect for the organism. I know that the OP's worries have no base, really.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: German Kahuna]
    #12678372 - 06/03/10 02:19 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I have used scissors on patches and they have fruited in the future.
I have used scissors on patches and they have not fruited in the future.
I have plucked patches and they have fruited in the future.
I have plucked patches and they have not fruited in the future.

That is my experience. :shrug:

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
I agree that you shouldn't just brutally tear the whole fruit out of its substrate. However, even if you do, it's not very likely to hurt the organism much as a whole, because even if you pick all fruits in such an ignorant manner you are unlikely to remove all mycelium from its substrate and it will just continue to grow and colonize the available substrate until it has colonized it all. The reason I don't tear out the fruit bodies like that has more to do with my general respect for the organism. I know that the OP's worries have no base, really.

:thumbup::thumbup:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: German Kahuna]
    #12678466 - 06/03/10 02:40 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

even if you pick all fruits in such an ignorant manner you are unlikely to remove all mycelium from its substrate and it will just continue to grow and colonize the available substrate until it has colonized

Haha!

Quote:

I know that the OP's worries have no base, really.

Yea.

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
 User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: lifeinallday]
    #12678766 - 06/03/10 03:32 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lifeinallday said:
please, when you pick a cap, dont pull the whole base of the stem out of the ground, cut the stem (near the base) so the mycelium is not disturbed. some people wonder why years back there fields were producing much more fruits, well the answer most likely is that retartds picked them and disturbed the myc. growth by pulling the whole shroom out of the ground, without mycelium mushrooms dont grow. if you dont know what mycelium is its the white fluffy looking stuff that mushrooms grow off of. soo, when you pick, its best to bring scissors to cut the stem and leave the base in the ground shit or whatever your picking out of, if you dont have scissors (or a knife wich would do) use your fingers to clip the stem, DO NOT PULL THE WHOLE MUSHROOM OUT OF THE GROUND, it causes much strain on the myc.

:stonedjerk: 

Offlinelifeinallday
Slothin

Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: shroom360]
    #12678931 - 06/03/10 04:01 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shroom360 said:
Quote:

lifeinallday said:

:stonedjerk: 

ha funny. i realy dont think youll be laughing when you get a karma bitch slap from mother nature

--------------------

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
 User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
    #12678991 - 06/03/10 04:10 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lifeinallday said:
ha funny. i realy dont think youll be laughing when you get a karma bitch slap from mother nature

I was only helping mother nature... she will not slap me.

I used those guys to start another patch and I just had to give you some shit for posting this bs.

Offlinepsilynut
aka Patchraper

Re: I HATE SEEING MUSHROOMS PICKED WITH MYCELIUM AT THE BASE OF THE STEM [Re: shroom360]
    #12679135 - 06/03/10 04:34 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

This thread reminds me of the first couple of post I made in the hunting forum, got a royal ass chewing for showing pictures of stem butts with mycelium, They were all "YOUR ruining our park" Too bad no one knew my intentions where to grow shit out and make new patches. If you take 10lbs of colonized chips like I have here, and bury it in a good spot with more chips it will grow insanely fast.Now imagine me making shitloads of these.

Offlinelifeinallday
Slothin

#12679616 - 06/03/10 05:49 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shroom360 said:
Quote:

lifeinallday said:

I used those guys to start another patch and I just had to give you some shit for posting this bs.

Quote:

shroom360 said:
Quote:

lifeinallday said:

starting another patch i can understand, but just ripping them out isnt cool, and as far as giving me bs, alright ill take, though i do still stand by my point

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification