Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Passing out on shrooms
    #1266782 - 01/31/03 07:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's happened one and a half times to me. The first time, I had eaten the shrooms maybe 4 hours beforehand, and I was in my room with a bunch of friends. I started to feel really hot, and went outside to get some air. I went outside and then suddenly I didn't know anything anymore. I tell you passing out while tripping is INSANE. I was on the ground and utterly disoriented and I felt like I had fallen out of a second story window. I came to and my friends had come outside and were standing over me. I felt awful, I couldn't really even think about standing up for several minutes. When I finally did I didn't even stand all the way up I just crawled inside and got in my bed - my body felt like it weighed 1000 lbs. Everyone went home, and I just went to sleep - I was incapable of doing anything else.

The second time, I took mushies with a bunch of friends, and as soon as the trip started I began to feel the exact feeling I'd had before I passed out the last time. I went outside and sat down and tried to control it, make the feeling go away, but it persisted. I felt like I was a second away from passing out for hours. It obviously lead to a bad trip, I had to ask everyone to leave because I was too sick to deal with anything - one of my friends stayed though to make sure I was allright. I just rode it out in my bed, trying to think good thoughts but finding it impossible because of the horrible physical effects!

Now, I've tripped many times before, and this has only happened those two times. Still, has this happened to anyone else? One friend of mine has reported passing out once on shrooms....I wonder if this is common?

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: the spiral]
    #1266810 - 01/31/03 07:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: the spiral]
    #1266824 - 01/31/03 07:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard of similar things happening, although they haven't happened to me...yet :wink:

Heres a true story that happened to my friend.

He is a VERY small guy(like TINY)...and he took 3 and a half grams...2-3 hours in, things got crazy...he went into the bathroom...and fell on the floor.  Now these are his words,
"I fell on the floor, everything went completely dark, but I wasn't unconscious.  For a little bit, I could hear things on the outside, but everything was dark.  I than started to hear disturbing sounds.  I could no longer hear anything on the 'outside' at this point. I was hearing Demons, and such.  That was only for a few seconds.  Than I heard all these random noises I can't even explain.  I felt hot.  Than, all of a sudden...there was one big noise, that sounded like EVERY computer game and videogame noise I've ever heard at once, and than I woke up in a huge puddle of sweat and my clothes were soaking wet.  It was like someone had thrown me into a pool.  And my high was COMPLETELY gone.  I felt completely sober"

He doesn't lie...so it's true.  But wow, fucked up eh?

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1266835 - 01/31/03 07:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard of others passing out. Be careful. The most recent story told of a young man who ingested 1.2 g of azures. He passed out in the kitchen and hit the base of his skull on the counter top. His friends found him lying in a pool of blood on the kitchen floor. He suffered from an abrasion and finished his trip w/o any problems.

I tell this to you so that you may respect the interaction between yourself and mushrooms. I think this young man was lucky. I can see how an inch or two may have made a huge difference.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisibleyogi
stranger thanfiction

#1266838 - 01/31/03 07:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

its possible that you were tired to start with or energy depleted in some way. The last time I ate mushrooms I was very tired and the mushrooms were very strong (1/2 oz fresh picked). I got the yawns (very common for me on mushrooms) and at one point felt that I was drifting off to sleep at the same time that I was experiencing intense visual patterns and deep awereness of my intenal state. It felt as if i was fully conciously goingto sleep or passing out!My wife suggested that maybe I needed to take my trip into the dream state and suggested I lie down in bed. I did that for awhile but missed her presence so i got up and then felt better simply because I didn't feel that she needed anything from me and that I could simply feel how I felt. We also both felt alternately hot and cold and looking back I had turned the heat in the house up and the sleepiness may have been prompted by an ovrly warm somewhat stuffy house. My head cleared up when we went out for some air.Subtle influences such as temperate, lighting, music, can have a big influence.
I am also appalled that your friends all went home after you passed out! When people trip together they should be there to care for each other if its needed until the trip is over! At least that is my opinion

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1266865 - 01/31/03 07:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ive experienced memory lapses and ego death, if you really wanted to i guess u could say i was passed out, but i was just tryin to figure out who i was, wat i was, wat is life, and wat the hell is happening to me and around me in my head. I couldent communicate ither or move sometimes. I was a vegetable or retarted i would say and I would slip in and out of this mode. This happend on my second trip. Never happend since. The ppl tripping with me said i was passing out, but to me , i wasent.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1267164 - 02/01/03 01:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My friend passed out the first time he tried them, i was on my second trip. I was inexperienced at the time and would cope better now in that situation.
He said as many people have describe that he thought he was dead and about to go to heaven, he hoped.
He could see lights and was convinced this was it, until i touched him and started talking to him which brought him round.
its a funny old drug :ooo:

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Anonymous

#1267216 - 02/01/03 03:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Check out my post "Passing out" from a few weeks ago in this forum.
Maybe it will help you a bit more.

If you start feeling faint, DO NOT get up and walk around. Have water and crackers or another basic solid substance within arms reach. You can SERIOUSLY hurt yourself if you faint and land the wrong way. When my girlfriend fainted on a 2.5g dose, she narrowly missed hitting her head on a marble counter top. Stay still, drink some water, nibble on some crackers and stay aware.

Edited by Paranormal (02/01/03 03:44 AM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1267683 - 02/01/03 08:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if there is a common factor between all these accounts of people passing out on trips. 

Could it be that all these experiences were entered into on a long since empty stomach?  I've blacked out once or twice like this simply because my diet sucked for a few days.  And when i did, the blackout experience was very "psychadelic": mass visuals, time dilation, weird body feelings beforehand.  This is what can happen when your body is critically malnourished. But i have a super high metabolism also, so maybe i started digesting some of the DMT in me brain :shocked:

And of course alot of people prepare for a trip by fasting.
Careful, people.  Diabetic comas are not healthy. Not in the least bit!

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1267718 - 02/01/03 08:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

9g of P. cubensis did it for me. I think the experience is just too intense for you to remain conscious.

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: matts]
    #1267738 - 02/01/03 09:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've never Passed out personally.. but this one time i apparently turned Ghostly white when i was laying down with my eyes shut.. Visions were soo intense that i joined them in their world..

i was fine, i couldent feel myself breathing, but i could feel the oxygen rush through my body. then this one time it was SOOOOO hot out, and me and a few friends were trippin, Outside felt better then inside.. because at least outside there was a clear little breeze that made you feel soo much better. but i think i almost passed out that time, i brought myself to reality and stared at my friends warping tree.

then like 2 or 3 weeks ago, a friend was shrooming with us for his first time, and he passed out, had a Seizure then came too.. i gave up my beanbag chair and took another one and moved him to the middle of the room and made sure he couldent hurt himself or swallow his tounge.. and made sure that he was fine, then when he came to.. we were all hovering over him and saying "Are you alright dude?" and he was freaked out by it.. so he went upstairs and wrapped himself around the outside of the toilet(it looked hilarous.. i was on 6 hits of acid and i couldent not laugh at that) and we had one of us stay up there with him to keep him from hurting himself

he apparently shut his eyes and got pulled into a world of color and beauty.. or so he explains it as.

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: Cryptic]
    #1271314 - 02/02/03 01:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've passed out on a low dose of shrooms 25 grams wet, I remember thinking about breathing, and about forgeting to breath, and then I remember opening my eyes, and feeling kind of numb all around, and it was obvious I had been out. In dose's of 5 grams or more I seem to always pass out.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1272555 - 02/03/03 01:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i have passed out but not completely out, just everything turns black and you can't talk or lift your head. i think i posted the experiences in that other passing out thread...

Edited by Bilge (06/01/05 09:52 PM)

Offlinectaf420
infectedmushroom

Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: Bilge]
    #4909349 - 11/08/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i passed out for my first time ever last night while tripping.. i felt really faint and tried walking it off !!!!!!!!! BAD idea wow and i felt the same as every1 else whos passed out .. i wonder if there is areason why !

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: ctaf420]
    #4909419 - 11/08/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well, arnt mushrooms technically poisining you? its your body trying to fight it off, and at the same time pulling you into other dimensions.

I remeber awhile ago, was at an outdoor rave, I ate alot of mushrooms (not sure how many by the end of the night, but it was alot). I'd tend to go through cycles of

- complete euphoric bliss
- followed by the over-powerng urge to pee
- followed by an overwhelming urge to lay down, or 'pass out'?

So, I'd run to the dance area, dance my ass off, run over to the bushes after abit, piss, then run to another area, sit down cross legged, put my forehead on the sand and 'pass out' - got drawn into the most intense and enjoyable world of visions on mushrooms, amazing detail and complexity and patterns, being able to see the music, being pulled on an amazing journy.

To me, this didnt strike me as odd or scary or wrong - just an enjoyable expiernece. However, once every few mins, someone would come by, tap me on my shoulder to make sure I was ok, apparently my breathing was very shallow and I was 100% still.

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: kaniz]
    #4909430 - 11/08/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
Well, arnt mushrooms technically poisining you?

No.

Also, you are talking about something else completely. We, here, are talking about standing up, moving around, get very light-headed, having your vision go black, losing conciousness for about 5 seconds and then falling to the floor.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: Ramuh]
    #5584000 - 05/02/06 11:12 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

fainting from mushrooms is actually fairly easily explained. The excessive activity of the autonomic nervous system is caused by excess levels of norepinephrine in the blood - this excess norepinephrine causes venous dilation and reduced blood flow through the carotid arteries/reduced postural blood pressure causing vasospasm and fainting.
Its actually quite harmless but quite scary when your tripping balls im sure.
Never happened to me thankfully.

--------------------

Offlineremdub
Stranger
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #9321242 - 11/27/08 08:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

passin out on shrooms has happened a lot for me, twice my friends passed out, one at rush at red rocks. he ate an eigth and was kinda dehydrated and passed out before the concert started. he ate his booms in some cinnimon apple sauce and described his experiance as death. at yonder and keller at red rocks another one of my friends went down. this time he was on a half 8th, same shrooms. he was also dehydrated and ate his with cinnimon apple sauce. he describes his experiance as death. last night i ate an 8th of new shrooms with cinnimon apple sauce and was very hydrated and passed out. i felt fine the entire time, never felt light headed or any thing, i was tripping so hard i could hardly handel the tapestries in my room so i left my room, the next thing i know i am seeing a bunch of places and people i know and am fimilar with and a voice is mumbeling loudly in my ear with an angry tone. all a sudden someone kicks me in my face and i look up to see my bathtub, my friend is asking me if i am ok and i hhave a CRAZY body high, it felt as if my body was not there but my mind was.

what can be causing this? is it apple sauce? is it bad shrooms? but i ate a quad of these same shrooms with a group of friends and had no problems, and that time we ate the shrooms by them selvs. any ideas?

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: remdub]
    #9321284 - 11/27/08 09:02 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I grew some Koh samui one time and my son and nephew got a big dose.It was cold outside and when they come into the house they had insulated coveralls on.They were standing in the kitchen laughing,crying and sweating their asses off.All of a sudden my nephew eyes dilate and bam down his big ass went.Out cold.My son takes one look at his trip mate and it was like Rocky KO'd his ass.They were only out for a few minutes,but to this day they won't eat the Green Goblins.Chicken Shits.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
Re: Passing out on shrooms [Re: Ramuh]
    #9321997 - 11/27/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ramuh said:
Quote:

kaniz said:
Well, arnt mushrooms technically poisining you? 

No.

yes they are. they are toxic to humans, a large enough dose will kill you.

Quote:

17 kilograms of fresh mushrooms, would be required for a 60kg person to reach the 280mg/kg LD50 rate of rats.

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale