Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebensley56
Stranger

very confusing feelings on a low dose shroom trip
    #12659567 - 05/31/10 06:05 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Today i consumed about 1 gram of dried liberty caps, and the experience was neither pleasant, nor unpleasant. I just felt very confused, hard to focus and did feel a low anxiety towards the end, which was rather annoying. This was my second overall trip, the first being a much higher dose in tea form, which i truly enjoyed.
So today after school i was by myself for a long time and decided to eat some before my parents came home. Within the first hour i was feeling great, happy, and really enjoying the music i was listening to, noticing things I'd never heard before and all that. About a half hour later though, my mood changed to a more serious tone, and i just wondered whether i was tripping or not. I found it really difficult to focus on anything for a considerable amount of time, and felt like i was moving slowly and like a weight was pushing me down. I wondered about why i felt this way, which induced some slight anxiety for a while. Anyway, it's about 4 hours in now, and i think it's wearing off, though i still feel like a weight is pushing me down and i can't focus very well. Basically I'm just wondering why i felt this way. Was it my mindset? Or just something that happens? Thanks.

--------------------
"hethrustshisfistsagainstthepostandstillinsistsheseestheghosts"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
Re: very confusing feelings on a low dose shroom trip [Re: bensley56]
    #12659892 - 05/31/10 08:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

so how much did you eat today?
that's why i dont eat low doses,anything under 2 grams, makes me uncomfortable,its just not  the  kind of feeling i enjoy,its as if im stuck in between here and there,but not a proper trip imo,

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
Re: very confusing feelings on a low dose shroom trip [Re: ant61]
    #12660375 - 05/31/10 11:06 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

exactly, in my experience low doses of mushrooms causes for a difficult time.

you aren't quite sober, but you aren't tripping either, so you are in this weird headspace that is generally unenjoyable and confusing.  its almost like you try to fight it the whole time, but at the same time wish you had taken more.

i always recommend skipping the "low dose beginner trip" to someone that is a first timer, but is kinda scared/nervous about taking the plunge.  i always try to educate and reassure the person the best i can so that they don't feel the need to "waste" mushrooms by taking under 2 grams.

if you are really nervous, have zero experience with psychs, and don't have a trip sitter or anything, then i'd definately recommend keeping it on the low side of a dose, around 2.5 grams for your first time. 

i try to dose friends with 2.7 grams - 3.5 grams for their first time once i know they're "ready".  now this is completely subjective, and of course this isn't the perfect dose for everyone, as i wouldn't give an eighth to a 100 lbs. girl who's barely smoked weed before.

BUT

mushrooms really take on a very special quality when you reach the 3.5 grams and up level.  i am very experienced with mushrooms, and now have no desire to ever take less than an eighth again.  in fact, my perfect dose (along with many of my psychedelic enthusiast friends) is about 4.2 - 4.4 grams of my homegrowns made into tea.  absolutely perfect.  :psychsplit:

had to throw in a quick edit: as i was referring to cubensis mushrooms, not liberty caps, just to be clear.

--------------------

Edited by redHue (05/31/10 11:08 AM)

OfflineMrPeanutButta
Stranger

Re: very confusing feelings on a low dose shroom trip [Re: redHue]
    #12660451 - 05/31/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

read wiccan seeker's posts about low dose tripping. I personally enjoy trips at all doses including ~1 gram, but it just comes down to the individual.

Offlinebensley56
Stranger

Re: very confusing feelings on a low dose shroom trip [Re: redHue]
    #12664479 - 06/01/10 12:38 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeah redhue thats exactly how i felt. i was fighting it and decided to go ahead with doing my homework, because it was barely working. thanks for the replies. i'd definitely like another good trip like my first time with the tea.

--------------------
"hethrustshisfistsagainstthepostandstillinsistsheseestheghosts"

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

Re: very confusing feelings on a low dose shroom trip [Re: bensley56]
    #12664503 - 06/01/10 12:45 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have read several times that low doese are not very enjoyable, I can bouch for that to, If you don't take enough have a few beers or something. Although I have read of people that enjoy low dose but not that many.

--------------------

OfflineGutteralRetch
Third Eye Opened
Male

Loc: Bay Area
Re: very confusing feelings on a low dose shroom trip [Re: MrPeanutButta]
    #12664516 - 06/01/10 12:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mikey851 said:
it just comes down to the individual.

--------------------
GuTTErAL rETCH ~ PRYING OPEN MY THiRD EYE

Has anyone else felt like this?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale