Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: ninja cat 09] * 1
    #12648527 - 05/29/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The mescaline content in the fruit I would guess is negligible to none and you would have to eat a wheelbarrow full to maybe get any effects. If you want mescaline grow a Trichocereus.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKBG1977
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: karode13] * 1
    #12648980 - 05/29/10 03:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The fruit is good,and let's see the astro graphs ferrel:grin:

Offlinehaymaker
Mr Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: KBG1977] * 1
    #12649030 - 05/29/10 03:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

They taste lovely - i always eat mine after i've taken all the seeds out. If you have a few fruits at once, say 4, you actually get a decent amount. Very delicate, sweet, perfumed flavour.

Quote:

They're around 15-25mm long. These are both in the middle of that range.

My fruits usually contain somewhere between 6 and 20 seeds. I've never had more than 20, occasionally I've had less than 6 - once just 3 seeds!

Hope this is of some use.

:peace:

--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"
My Trade List

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: KBG1977] * 1
    #12649329 - 05/29/10 07:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KBG1977 said:
The fruit is good,and let's see the astro graphs ferrel:grin:

sorry bud thats for another thread. this is the lophophora thread.

i want some diffusa now. i had some before i'm sure. but not wanting the whole of the species i stuck with williamsii and nothing else.

i know a place that sells the seeds here domestically. i'm gonna have to get some.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: ferrel_human] * 1
    #12649379 - 05/29/10 07:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

the top is lophophora fricii and the bottom are lophophora decipiens. just babies at a couple weeks old. ihad to separate the trays this time to avoid confusion.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

#12649461 - 05/29/10 08:19 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#12649702 - 05/29/10 09:38 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
The mescaline content in the fruit I would guess is negligible to none and you would have to eat a wheelbarrow full to maybe get any effects. If you want mescaline grow a Trichocereus.

It must be. Sugar ants love it. I came home this morning to my Loph covered in sugar ants with the flesh of one fruit almost completely missing.l They had just started to work on the other. so I pluck it off and manged to get 16 seeds out of the ordeal. Needless to say I was surprised.

I wonder if that is one of thier methods of seed dispersal. Next time it fruits, I'll see if I can film the phenomenon

--------------------
]

Edited by Ieponumos (05/29/10 04:43 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: kergan] * 1
    #12650450 - 05/29/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kergan said:

how old are the babies in the middle, kergan? those are very nice by the way.:grin:

--------------------
-Karode

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

#12650970 - 05/29/10 02:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Almost a year old. And thanks.

Offlinerainhawk
Frontier Herbsman
Male

Loc: U.S/ Mexico BORDER Flag
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: kergan] * 1
    #12651380 - 05/29/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Beautiful Loph's you guys. Hopefully I will grow some in the near future.:heart: :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

#12651718 - 05/29/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
the top is lophophora fricii and the bottom are lophophora decipiens. just babies at a couple weeks old. ihad to separate the trays this time to avoid confusion.

They look good for only a couple weeks old.
They look like my one year old's.:thumbup:

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: Ieponumos] * 2
    #12651966 - 05/29/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Quote:

karode13 said:

It must be. Sugar ants love it. I came home this morning to my Loph covered in sugar ants with the flesh of one fruit almost completely missing.l They had just started to work on the other. so I pluck it off and manged to get 16 seeds out of the ordeal. Needless to say I was surprised.

I wonder if that is one of thier methods of seed dispersal. Next time it fruits, I'll see if I can film the phenomenon

Yeah ants love them. I'm sure this is one method the plant uses to disperse the seed as the fruit itself just dries up and retains the seed until something either eats it or a torrential downpour knocks them loose. What I do to protect them from ants is to put the plant on a brick in the middle of a water filled saucer. The brick raises the container above water level and the water creates a moat which which ants will not cross as they aren't keen on getting wet.

--------------------

Invisiblejokefox
Top of the chain
Male User Gallery

Loc: never where I should be
    #12652055 - 05/29/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

sweet shit

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#12652225 - 05/29/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Quote:

karode13 said:

I wonder if that is one of their methods of seed dispersal. Next time it fruits, I'll see if I can film the phenomenon

Yeah ants love them. I'm sure this is one method the plant uses to disperse the seed as the fruit itself just dries up and retains the seed until something either eats it or a torrential downpour knocks them loose. What I do to protect them from ants is to put the plant on a brick in the middle of a water filled saucer. The brick raises the container above water level and the water creates a moat which which ants will not cross as they aren't keen on getting wet.

That suggestion, sir, is epic win. Now I have to germinate those seeds.

Please pardon my reposting, but this is a loph thread:

--------------------
]

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: Ieponumos] * 1
    #12653033 - 05/29/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I just got 200 seeds and have been reading alot about propagation before i start but i was wanting to know what kind of soil mixes do you guys have best results with, the diffrent sites i have read have diffrent mixes.

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Loph Growers Unite! [Re: redeyesmj] * 1
    #12653323 - 05/29/10 11:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

There's many ways to skin a cat and there's many different mixes that can be used for propagating Lophophora from seed. The general rule with all of these mixtures is that they are free draining, gritty and light on the organic matter.

These days I just use a commercial seed raising mix which consists of sand, peat and a little bark. I remove the bark with a sieve, add about a third extra coarse sand and small grit to open up the mixture. I put this into a clear plastic container, moisten the soil, put the lid on loosely and then put it in the microwave for 4 minutes to pasteurize it. Other people do other things but they roughly all do the same job.

Here's my cactus seedling grow log for some ideas. Just don't leave them in the sun like I did. :tongue:  link

Also here is Cactusdan's Cactus germination tek. link

And of course Dr.uarewotueat's cactus germination tek. link

--------------------

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

#12654560 - 05/30/10 08:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

thanks Karode!!!!!

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#12654837 - 05/30/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i like my mix very well and does a good job of drainage.

coco coir, perlite, and diatamaceos earth from your local autozone. its the absorbent kind.

i absolutely love this soil and so do most plants. not just my cacti. this is one i love.

others add gravel or limestome to the mix and that also helps too.

--------------------
-Karode

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

#12655193 - 05/30/10 11:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ferrel please elaberate on the demascus earth at auto zone?? brand name??? what is that pic of in your avatar?

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#12656003 - 05/30/10 02:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redeyesmj said:
ferrel please elaberate on the demascus earth at auto zone?? brand name??? what is that pic of in your avatar?

its the oil absorbant little rocks in the big bag. its about 5bucks and good for all types of uses. its called Ultrasorb Oil Absorbant.

"%100 diatamaceous earth". google this "uses for diatamaceous earth"

its kills and and fleas and ticks and those dreaded gnats. they way i see it. when it dries out, its at its most useful. kills little pest by drying them up.

when watered they absorb good amounst of moisture.

my avatar was changed because that is who i am an iron roughneck. it breaks drill pipe with tungsten carbide teeth.

i'm a damn roughneck you see. and in no way affiliated with BP.:wink:

anywho, here are some grafts i have made this year.

bottomlefthand corner is for KBG. its the astro graft that snuck into the pic. way off subject.

others

crested graft. loph also.

i stepped on this guy when i transplanted it. it had no pups and i though it was a gonner. lo and behold it put out, and FTW, 5 pups.

--------------------
-Karode

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag