Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
new liquid innoc all look contamed will they work?
    #1260219 - 01/29/03 10:42 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i got some new malt extract for my liquid innocs or "honey water". i scraped some spores in and it made a sort of film in one day on the top of the liquid. i opened it and tossed it. it smelt fine. then i got a vendor syringe and put some in a fresh batch. got the same thing. when i shook it up it looked ok but there are no clouds of mycelium and it all forms a skim on the top. i have a similarly made jar with no spores in it and it has no growth at all so it is no sterilisation. i was very concious injecting the second jar.
has anybody had similar malt extract water that looked bad but actually worked?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: new liquid innoc all look contamed will they work? [Re: blackout]
    #1263047 - 01/30/03 06:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

honey water can be a very very tricky thing. my friend has attempted it many times, but it's questionable if he's even gotten it to work once - it's very inviting to contams. That said, many people on here do report success with it - a lot of it is luck and your willingness to risk ruining a bunch of jars or bags.
After a couple days you should definately be seeing some cloudy or stringy growth in the solution. Don't shake the jar really hard, but swirl it to mix things up a bit.

Good luck!

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: new liquid innoc all look contamed will they work? [Re: the spiral]
    #1263452 - 01/30/03 08:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i think i will have to make some small jars with a small amount of substrate and try them before i go injecting my big bags

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: new liquid innoc all look contamed will they work? [Re: the spiral]
    #1264280 - 01/31/03 03:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

honey water can be a very very tricky thing. my friend has attempted it many times, but it's questionable if he's even gotten it to work once - it's very inviting to contams. That said, many people on here do report success with it - a lot of it is luck and your willingness to risk ruining a bunch of jars or bags.
After a couple days you should definately be seeing some cloudy or stringy growth in the solution. Don't shake the jar really hard, but swirl it to mix things up a bit.

Good luck!

i've never had anything but stellar success with honey water... seems like contams would make themselves rather apparent BEFORE you shot that crap in your jars... i dunno maybe I'm just stupendously lucky?? the trick, IMO, is to NEVER let the HW be exposed to air once it has been sterilized. that means making/using some sort of lid (see 6t's lid, or MM's) that allows entry of a needle without exposure to outside air. i have just used taped holes and made sure I was infront of a HEPA's outflow when I untaped and sucked up.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: new liquid innoc all look contamed will they work? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1264336 - 01/31/03 04:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

mine has a self healing lid on it so no air gets in at all. it smells fine but doesnt look it

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: new liquid innoc all look contamed will they work? [Re: blackout]
    #1264457 - 01/31/03 05:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mine has a self healing lid on it so no air gets in at all. it smells fine but doesnt look it

you didn't outline your sterilization procedure or water/sugar ratio. optimal ratio is 96% water and 4% sugar. too much sugar and you will have problems. not sterilizing properly will obviously cause problems. i mix up the water/sugar and pc for 10-20 minutes at 10psi.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules