Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFreakazoid
Stranger
MMGG cake disaster
    #1262737 - 01/30/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

*I am a noob*
SO i bought 2 syringes from PF and made 20 MMGG style cakes. I used a brown rie rice and vermiculate substrate. At the time I was unaware that if you use whole brown rie rice you need an autoclave or pressure cooker. So now i have had about 14 cakes go bad in the jar from contams. The other 6 have been birthed, have nice Myceliam growth all over, but those too seem to be contracting some sort of green death plague, though they are only little specks, but i think contams. They have not made mushrooms for spore prints yet, so is there anyway i can use the cakes or maybe a section of the nice mycilea to create something to colonize more substrate before they go completely bad. Or do i accept defeat and go buy some more syringes and remeber to grind my rice next time?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: MMGG cake disaster [Re: Freakazoid]
    #1262763 - 01/30/03 04:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I never accept defeat. Its like getting bonus shroomies when you win. What i would do is cut a half cm around the part that is contaminated of the cakes and case them or if you dont wanna case just cut that part out and make sure your terrium is clean and the air around it.  And a dunk in sterile water wouldnt hurt :laugh: 

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineFreakazoid
Stranger
Re: MMGG cake disaster [Re: PooGrower]
    #1262788 - 01/30/03 04:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Sterile Water? Really? OK . . .

I also have a couple cakes that don't look to be contaminated that are crumbeled up in a pan. Would be cakes have an easyer time fighting off contams if i put them in witht he crumbeld ones? Strength in numbers? Though i have a feeling that would probably spread my funk whatever it is.

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
    #1262797 - 01/30/03 04:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I say go for it. Just dont put all your eggs in one basket so if it fails you can count on the next inline. The more you expierment and try to resave your casings and cake the better you get at growing.

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Offlinemoldmaster
mold fighter forlife
Loc: contamville, Trich
    #1262917 - 01/30/03 05:34 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Here's what I would do in your case.
Order another syringe and then make a honey water.
Keep the two syringes that you already have and wait till your honey water is finished. Try to salvage what you can from your cakes now, but don't really count on anything happening. If anything happens then yeah, but contamination seems to always win. Put about two or three ccs in the honey water and use the rest for water ever you want. If the rest of the syringe produces shit, then you have the honey water to fall back on. Fill the old syringes with honey water and keep them in the refrigerator just in case you have the worst luck in the world.
PS. Unless you have a pressure cooker verm. and brown rice can be a real pain in the ass with contamination. I just sucked it up and bought a pc and use rye berries and straw dung. Straw is really resistant against contamination.

--------------------
Wham bam kick yo ass contam. Mold doesn't even dare to enter my shit because I have the remedy

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1263450 - 01/30/03 08:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Buy new syringes, grind the rice and steam the jars for 90 minutes(or pressure cook for 45 minutes)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck