Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
Maya
    #1262715 - 01/30/03 06:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There was a saint, and an older man who was a disciple of the Master. This man came to this saint and asked him, 'Oh dear saint, I do not understand the nature of maya, of this illusion that we call the world. All the Scriptures speak of this world as illusion, as a dream, but I do not understand what this means.' The saint said 'I can not exlain this because this illusion is beyond words, but I will show you.' Sudenly the man became young again, and within minutes he forgot all about the saint and about his question. he was good looking and strong, and he went and found a good job and made good money. He also met a pretty girl and fell in love and married her. They were very close. They had one girl who he loved her very much. His life went on as many others do, and he was living happily. Then one day he found out that his doughter got very sick, and that upset him very much. After some time she passed away. After some years his wife also got very sick and a few years later, after alot of struggle and pain, she passed away. The man was now very very upset because all that he has worked for in his life had now gone, and he was again all alone with nothing for himself. One day he walked over to the river, and as he stood there, a saint tapped him on the shoulder and said 'Hey whats wrong, you look very upset. I just left you for a few minutes, and already you look very distessed.'

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Maya [Re: questforall]
    #1271051 - 02/02/03 01:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:tongue: 

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Maya [Re: questforall]
    #1271501 - 02/02/03 05:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There's a Jewish story that is very similar it's scary yet hilariouse at the same time-

A young man comes back from an insittiution of higher learning(tl) to his Rabbi and says "Rabbi! I don't know what to think anymore! It seems at (tr) Univiersity I learned to argue anything. I can make up down and down up.....

The Rabbi leaned over to the young man and punched him sqare on the nose (PG -13 for Violence). The young man screamed in pain "Rabbi! You broke my nose!" to which the Rabbi replied, "What nose?"

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology