Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRoll's all day
I'll show youmine if you showme yours......

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PASTEURIZE, STERALIZE STRAWWWW ????
    #1262469 - 01/30/03 04:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My friend has a lot of straw but can't find any good faq's on pasteurizing it. He has near fully colonized jars of rye berries - b+ strain. He's ready to case some for immediate results, and he wants to transfer some to either rye berries or to straw. Can anybody help him out with suggestions on pasteurizing straw or whether to just stick with rye berries? Thanks for your time.

--------------------
Slowly but surely, I realize every day.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinesinoptiK
TranceAddict

Loc: USA
Re: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PASTEURIZE, STERALIZE STRAWWWW ???? [Re: Roll's all day]
    #1262551 - 01/30/03 05:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

case to rye berries??? That wouldn't exactly help out in terms of keeping alot of moisture in their environment to promote fruiting. Pasteurizing straw isn't too hard to find info about. Check out some of the vendor sites which have tutorials about doing that kind of stuff. Use your oven, mix your straw into it at around 150-250F for 1-2 hours. Check out those sites for more info. GL

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PASTEURIZE, STERALIZE STRAWWWW ???? [Re: Roll's all day]
    #1262573 - 01/30/03 05:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinemoldmaster
mold fighter forlife
Loc: contamville, Trich
    #1262878 - 01/30/03 07:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I am going from rye berries to straw and dung too.
Here is what I did -
1. Get a huge pot or many many pots.
2. cut the straw into little pieces - like one and two inch pieces. You needs some good shears and strong arms.
3. once the straw is cut you put it into a pillow case and tie it with some string.
4. Heat the water and no matter what don't let the water reach 200 deg. I keep it at 180 and leave the straw in the water for two hours. You wil need a weight to keep the pillow case below the water.
5. After two hours take the pillow case into the bath tub and stomp the water out.
6. Open the bag and let the straw cool.
7. While the straw is cooking, mix the dung and water (not to much water) and cook at 175 for two hours. Don't forget to put Reynolds wrap over the pan.
8. Mix the two together and at the rye berries. let them sit for five to seven days and then case.
I have already done 103 bags of rye berries with another 100 on the way.

--------------------
Wham bam kick yo ass contam. Mold doesn't even dare to enter my shit because I have the remedy

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1263002 - 01/30/03 08:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Straw by it's self is IMHO, a one flush -- flash in the pan substrate.

So, suggest you mix in 70% bovine dung to 30% straw, then pasturize that, however you want.

It will go a lot further, lemme tell ya.

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation