Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleChronicSchwinn
Stranger
Re: Subjective v. Objective Reality [Re: Adamist]
    #1261606 - 01/30/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

joshua i understand what your saying man. i sensed that on my last trip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Subjective v. Objective Reality [Re: Joshua]
    #1261965 - 01/30/03 11:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The purpose of subjective reality is to experience a polarized (right and wrong) state of being.

When we can integrate these polarities, and experience as a whole unit, rather than as a fragmented, individualized consciousness.. we experience objective reality... that which is eternally connected and has no good or evil, only what is... all things coming from the same source and working together in harmony to create growth and learning.

By living in subjective reality, pulling ourselves to the cosmic insight level every once in a while can shed major light on our subjective experiences. Soon the veils grow thin, and dissolve, leaving us with a profound sense of inner wisdom as we come to realize the subjective reality was but an illusion, another lesson on our path through evolution.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1262134 - 01/30/03 01:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Objective reality is when you truly know what's is right and what is wrong.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1263663 - 01/30/03 10:04 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Apparently when you trip your attention broadens so that you can take in more information. Usually you are more selective and your filters that are guided by what is important to whatever you are trying to achieve, what is salient, what is consistent with what you already believe etc guide how you experience the environment. So in a way you could argue that you are more objective while tripping. Though I agree with Silversoul in that I don't think you can be truly objective.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Subjective v. Objective Reality [Re: Shroomism]
    #1266766 - 01/31/03 07:31 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"When we can integrate these polarities, and experience as a whole unit, rather than as a fragmented, individualized consciousness.. we experience objective reality... that which is eternally connected and has no good or evil, only what is... all things coming from the same source and working together in harmony to create growth and learning."

This all made sense to me until, "...create growth and learning."

These are very subjective terms and do not fit well with, "...has no good or evil, only what is... "

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order