Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebodhicitta
 User Gallery
Re: The great unknown. *DELETED* [Re: appleorange]
    #12621076 - 05/24/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by bodhicitta

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by bodhicitta (05/24/10 04:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: The great unknown. [Re: bodhicitta]
    #12621175 - 05/24/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe it seems like im being uncompassionate or something but i never mean to say 'it is easy', as its beyond easy or difficult
Easy impies some sort of effort to do something to get somewhere else, if it was easy then that would mean its something i can 'do'
The whole paradox of meditation/realization is that its not a doing
Maybe this is why its so ellusive to the mind that always wants something to do about something

I feel like the most compassionate way to deal with an illusion (a lie) is to tell the truth as direct as possible
As soon as i heard someone saying the direct truth over & over, thats what woke me up
When i read Ramana talking constantly about the Self, its like hold on a sec... maybe take a look at my Self

Im glad you bring up Ramana Maharshis awakening, if you look at Ramanas awakening how it happened, what hes always talking about, and the influence hes had on all the spiritual masters of today, then you can see the greatness of his realization.
I feel that the Buddha that teaches the world 'who am i?' is the 'highest of the high' (just to bring mehers claims of that into it lol)
And yes, i am bias

--------------------

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: The great unknown. [Re: Chronic7]
    #12621204 - 05/24/10 04:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Chronic, please tell me how I can get off the hamster wheel. Because I really want that cheese, but I can't seem to ever reach it.

Invisiblebodhicitta
 User Gallery
Re: The great unknown. *DELETED* [Re: Chronic7]
    #12621235 - 05/24/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by bodhicitta

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by bodhicitta (05/24/10 04:42 PM)

InvisibleChronic7
Re: The great unknown. [Re: appleorange]
    #12621241 - 05/24/10 04:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I lovd those picstures of the hamster you posted

I would say have a look at those pictures right now, and ask that question you just asked me..

Quote:

appleorange said:
please tell me how I can get off the hamster wheel. Because I really want that cheese, but I can't seem to ever reach it.

Quote:

appleorange said:
The Unenlightened Hamster:

The Enlightened Hamster:

Asking 'how to get of the wheel' is the wheel
You can see you are already off the wheel by just watching it turn and not holding onto it
The wheel is the wheel of samsara, and the watching of it is nirvana

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #12621244 - 05/24/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I know he craves my liberation, damn Bodhisattva's :evil:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleChronic7
    #12621245 - 05/24/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bodhicitta said:
i've also read about many seekers who prematurely think they have reached full awakening when in actuality they are only in a state of equanimity so maybe i seem overly judgmental, but i'm not completely convinced that you're there yet. you seem to have some great states though, but maybe some clinging and craving left?

i honestly had a look to see if there was some clinging & craving and all i found was a belly full of laughter :grin:

i do like that you question me, its like a zen stick :wink:

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: The great unknown. [Re: appleorange]
    #12621266 - 05/24/10 04:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
Because I really want that cheese, but I can't seem to ever reach it.

The cheese, and the cake, is a lie.  I recommend alcohol.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisibletransital
Re: The great unknown. [Re: Icelander]
    #12621290 - 05/24/10 04:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well you see I do get both. The difference with the gut feeling is that it's pretty much a gut thing :lol:, it is a kind of feeling I get in my gut when I feel things and for a moment I am reminded by reawakened memories of past experiences, the knowledge that I have derived from it and the feelings that may or may not be tainted by further intellectualizations of such experiences. The gut feeling can be subtle, intense, it basically varies... I suspect that it all depends on how much emotional energy one has invested.

Now for me, an intuitive insight is very different. I think I made myself clear on the unconscious aspect though I do think it may be possible to develop ones intuition. Maybe this is why you say that it's a hit and miss for you. It is definitely more naked, clear, insightful not at all intellectual. Nowadays I noticed that if I concentrate intensely the sensation in my forehead intensifies, just like in this very moment.

I swear to you that as I was writing this it occurred to me that maybe the gut feeling is connected to some other chakras. Here is some info of the Manipura and Ajna chakra that I googled.

I find this interesting thus I'm quoting it.

Quote:

Solar Plexus Chakra #3 (Manipura)

Colour associated: Yellow.
Element: Fire.
Sense: Sight.
Represented by a: Globe.
Importance of this chakra: allows us to reinforce our self-esteem and develop our Ego.

Gemstones and crystals: Citrine, Yellow diamond, Jasper, Yellow Tourmaline, Golden Topaz, Opal.
Flower Essences: Golden Yarrow, Peppermint, Chamomile.
Essential oils: Juniper, Lemon, Grapefruit.

Fundamental Principles: Shaping of things, personal development, strength, growth, confidence and self-worth.

Body parts associated: Abdomen, stomach, liver, lower and upper back back, digestive system, spleen, autonomic nervous system, gallbladder, upper intestines.

Glands: Pancreas (plays an important role in the digestion of food and in the secretion of insulin in the body).

Proper functioning of this chakra: 

The solar plexus is often viewed as a complex chakra. It's located right above the navel region, opening up towards to the front of the body. 
Its also known by representing human will, inner power and the ego. The solar energy is absorbed by this chakra, revitalizing and energizing both the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual body.

The solar plexus is also believed, to be the birth or foundation point of our true selves, of our human identity and personality, reflecting both our will power and capacity to achieve goals in life. This chakra is also responsible for our self-confidence, personal assertion, adaptation to life changes, ambition, need for power, assertiveness, need for social interaction, acceptance and recognition.
Hence, this chakra is often viewed as the "purifier of all human desires and wishes", specially of those arising from the lower chakras. This chakra also allows in people, a natural flow of creative energy between lower and higher chakras.

By opening up life to the solar plexus energy, the person feels increasingly fitter and more energised. He/she can also register an increase in terms of capacities, of creativity, feeling an inner richness and sense of harmony. Additionally, the person also achieves a wide variety of life accomplishments, sprinkled by wisdom, joy, acceptance and enlightenment.

Interesting enough, when someone says:  "I've got a gut feeling" - this means that the solar plexus center opened up to intuition, and the person can easily perceive and discern well characters and life situations.

Finally, if the Third Eye Chakra and the Crown Chakra are both open and in harmony, the person can then realise that all visible matters consist of varying degrees of light vibrations and energy frequencies. Meaning this, that the person's achieved a higher state of self-development, being connected and in communion with "God".
And when this occurs, everything in life gains a different dimension and perspective. Situations and events develop the way the person wished or predicted, bringing much joy and happiness to the persons life and others around him/her.

The malfunctioning of the solar plexus chakra may lead to:
  • Manipulation techniques;
  • Need to be a "control freak";
  • Feeling the need to conquer power, dominate over others;
  • Wanting to be constantly busy doing things, not having a boring moment in life (this is only a way that he/she found to disguise feelings of inner inadequacy and personal frustration);
  • Feelings of stress, anxiety and restlessness;
  • Difficulties to recognize that material wealth and social status cannot provide true love and long-term happiness;
  • Difficulties to relax and understand wider spiritual concepts;
  • Difficulties to express deep human feelings and emotions;
  • Tendency to get easily frustrated, upset and angry with life situations and people;
  • Deep feeling of rejection;
  • Lack of courage and braveness, seeing obstacles everywhere;
  • Feeling often very agitated, disorganized, hectic, uncertain, nervous and acting impulsively;
  • Wrong perception of life (which tends to be always negative);
  • Perceiving people, life and world bound to be gloomy and a depressing place to live.

When this chakra is blocked or unbalanced, people feel depressed, sad and without joy in their lives.

Interesting enough, its from this chakra that people irradiate joy, positive energy and good vibes to others. And when obstructed, this chakra leads people to become gloomy, manipulative, exercising excessive control over others.

-

Brow Chakra or Third eye Chakra # 6 (Ajna)

Colour associated to this chakra: Indigo or dark blue.
Element: The Cosmos.
Sense: Sight, extrasensory perception on the 3rd eye, 6th sense, smell, touch, taste.
Represented by a: Five pointed star.
Importance of this chakra: allows humans to developed ideas, having a clear understanding and insight into universal thoughts. This chakra is also directly related to the development of one's intuition, spiritual awareness and awakening.
A fully developed eye chakra brings people closer to the divine, helping them to develop psychic abilities.
Gemstones and crystals: Sapphire, Tanzanite, Sugilite, Iolite, Lapis lazuli, Soapstone, Purple Fluorite.
Flower Essences: Queen Anne's Lace, Wild Oat, Madia.
Essential oils: Heliotrope, Sweet pea, Camphor.

Fundamental Principles: Knowledge of being, mental clarity, psychic abilities, clairvoyance, wisdom, intuition.

Body Association: Eyes, ears, nose, brows, face, sinuses, central nervous system, cerebellum, skull.

Gland: Pineal and pituitary glands (master glands ruling secretion activities and controlling the function of other body glands).

Proper functioning of this chakra:

The third eye chakra is located between our eye browns, and in the center of the forehead. This chakra is often associated with our deep consciousness,  human perceptions and high mental powers. Physically it's considered to be the highest center of energy in the human body, ruling our central nervous system.

The third eye center is also viewed as the seat of our intuition, perception and imagination. And through this chakra, both ether and matter manifest in the universe, creating conscious and unconscious notions of reality. 

This chakra also grants people control over their lives. And both Lightworkers and "healers", have their third eye and heart chakra wide open. Additionally, a balanced and open third eye chakra can be manifested into strong intuitive powers, hypersensitivity, clairvoyance and ability to perceive life situations with outstanding clarity and objectivity.

This special chakra is rarely fully developed in humans. And very few people can say that they have a wide open or fully unblocked third eye chakra (or a fully developed higher consciousness). Interesting enough, some highly scientific and intellectual minds can grasp the contents of this chakra and its amazing teachings. And an optimal functioning of this chakra, can result in a strong intuitive nature, or in a person with strong visual capacities (both in what regards this and other realms).

Likewise, this chakra teaches people about the importance of thoughts and intentions as energy forms. It also teaches people, that all thoughts are living things and creators of our reality. Therefore, when  completely developing this chakra, the person can perceive life in a new light, developing extra sensorial abilities and much awareness. The thinking process becomes then symbolic or holographic, and thoughts tend to get clearer and sharper. 

And both ideas and thoughts, easily get more integrated with other extra sensorial capacities and information. Many thoughts can also originate from "God" or be provided by higher sources.

The spiritual world of a person with this chakra fully developed gains new meaning, and the material world becomes easier to grasp. Understanding and controlling thoughts, ideas and manifestations will be easily accomplished by this person, along with the opening of new mental and perceptive doors. Finally, by developing one's intuition and inner sight, a person may come to understand the complexity of life and existence, perceiving a wide variety of life forms and worlds, many of them interdependent and interconnected to our own.

The malfunctioning of the third eye chakra may lead to:
  • The development of an overly intellectual being, living in a scientific reality and justifying everything recurring to human logics;
  • Rejection of discordant opinions;
  • Being perceived as a cold, arrogant and overly self-ensured person;
  • Being easily engaging in ego-trips, rejecting other people points of view (simply because they are discordant, not analytical or rational enough);
  • Rejection and fear of the spiritual, perceiving this area as a waste of energy and time (basically, all non-conventional lines of thought are not acceptable and unrealistic);
  • Being driven by a high intellect and materialistic attachments (only satisfying the ego by trying to convince others of the non-existence of the spiritual);
  • Fighting openly, socially and publicly intellectual positions, in order to gain general acceptance, and to feel confident about his/her mental capacities (however, deep inside the person struggles with confusion, uncertainty, insecurity and blur, having the senses numbed and blocked: ear, sight, vision, speech, touch, intuition);
    etc.

One of the dangers of not fully developing this chakra, can be perceived in the creation of overly rational, analytical thoughts, too detached from reality and from life itself.

While developing these skills, one may put aside spiritual explanations of reality and of existence, rejecting everything that is religious based or non-scientifically explained. Therefore, the Solar Plexus Chakra gets often unbalanced or blocked by people's actions, egos and wrong doings. And, this results in an impediment for the Heart and Crown Chakras to fully open and develop. Hence, the balancing of energies in this person needs  to be focused simultaneously in these 3 chakras.

Maybe after all the gut feeling and the eye feeling are cousins. :facepalm:

Edited by transital (05/25/10 06:00 AM)

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: The great unknown. [Re: transital]
    #12621317 - 05/24/10 04:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sometimes I think it's a huge waste of time to try to know. Instead try to stay focused on the day to day and try to make the best of what happens.

The best way to create the future is to create the present.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#12621332 - 05/24/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

* The development of an overly intellectual being, living in a scientific reality and justifying everything recurring to human logics;
    * Rejection of discordant opinions;
    * Being perceived as a cold, arrogant and overly self-ensured person;
    * Being easily engaging in ego-trips, rejecting other people points of view (simply because they are discordant, not analytical or rational enough);
    * Rejection and fear of the spiritual, perceiving this area as a waste of energy and time (basically, all non-conventional lines of thought are not acceptable and unrealistic);

Hey! you made this up just to get me didn't you.:lol:

I'm going to laugh at myself first.

Actually its four out of five. The last one doesn't apply to me really no matter what people here think. I'm open but skeptical of what people say they are sure of. Is there as spirit. I don't know but I certainly hope there is. I'm not just going to believe because I need it however. I'm a stubborn fool that way. :shrug: I'm still a pilgrim.

--------------------

Invisibletransital
    #12621383 - 05/24/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

* The development of an overly intellectual being, living in a scientific reality and justifying everything recurring to human logics;
    * Rejection of discordant opinions;
    * Being perceived as a cold, arrogant and overly self-ensured person;
    * Being easily engaging in ego-trips, rejecting other people points of view (simply because they are discordant, not analytical or rational enough);
    * Rejection and fear of the spiritual, perceiving this area as a waste of energy and time (basically, all non-conventional lines of thought are not acceptable and unrealistic);

Hey! you made this up just to get me didn't you.:lol:

I'm going to laugh at myself first.

Actually its four out of five. The last one doesn't apply to me really no matter what people here think. I'm open but skeptical of what people say they are sure of. Is there as spirit. I don't know but I certainly hope there is. I'm not just going to believe because I need it however. I'm a stubborn fool that way. :shrug: I'm still a pilgrim.

I swear to you, it just occurred in the moment. It was the first hit in Google. :lol:

Invisibletransital
Re: The great unknown. [Re: Arden]
    #12621391 - 05/24/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Arden said:
Quote:

Sometimes I think it's a huge waste of time to try to know. Instead try to stay focused on the day to day and try to make the best of what happens.

:thumbup:

The best way to be in the present is to leave the past in the past.

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: The great unknown. [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12621435 - 05/24/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:
Quote:

appleorange said:
Because I really want that cheese, but I can't seem to ever reach it.

The cheese, and the cake, is a lie.  I recommend alcohol.

You and me are just going to say fuck it and get drunk on the hamster wheel.

Since Chronic found a way off the hamster wheel, he can serve us cheese while we drink.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#12621460 - 05/24/10 05:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

transital said:
Quote:

Arden said:
Quote:

Easier said than done (for me). It's my opinion that if one had strong enough concentration or right motivation living soley in the present would be simple. What if you don't have either of them covered?

I looked at the hamsters and asked how to get off the wheel. I thought a bit, look around, settled down, smiled and stared at the wall. I felt happier, but normal for meditation. I definitely feel some basic happiness when I settle down into a meditation mind state....but the hamster question didn't make me enlightened or anything close....

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Re: The great unknown. [Re: fazdazzle]
    #12621469 - 05/24/10 05:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I guess you could always look at the other hamsters and derive subtle pleasure from the fact most of them don't even realize they are hamsters.

Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat. :lol:

Invisibletransital
Re: The great unknown. [Re: fazdazzle]
    #12621581 - 05/24/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
Quote:

transital said:
Quote:

Arden said:
Quote:

Easier said than done (for me). It's my opinion that if one had strong enough concentration or right motivation living soley in the present would be simple. What if you don't have either of them covered?

I looked at the hamsters and asked how to get off the wheel. I thought a bit, look around, settled down, smiled and stared at the wall. I felt happier, but normal for meditation. I definitely feel some basic happiness when I settle down into a meditation mind state....but the hamster question didn't make me enlightened or anything close....

If I am honest, I never really did read either of the hamster posts. appleorange's nor Chronic's in this thread. Why? Because I wasn't feeling appleorange's vibe so when I saw them again I completely overlooked them. My answer was just a different take on Arden's commentary.

Invisibletransital
Re: The great unknown. [Re: Arden]
    #12621640 - 05/24/10 05:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Arden said:
I guess you could always look at the other hamsters and derive subtle pleasure from the fact most of them don't even realize they are hamsters.

Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat. :lol:

But then that makes you that rat that is really deriving subtle pleasure from his own ignorance and not really from the ignorance of other rats. If you would realize the rat that you are maybe it wouldn't be so funny.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#12621711 - 05/24/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So The Great Unknown is who is the rat?:tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibleArden
לנשום

#12621797 - 05/24/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If you would realize the rat that you are maybe it wouldn't be so funny.

Humor causes the hamster wheel to rust and lose momentum.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale