Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Pressure Cooker II
    #1261256 - 01/30/03 09:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I know Im probably bugging you guys , but I try hard to ask stuff wich isn?t in the faqs! :wink:

Anyway: Ive tried 2 PCs I have at home on a "dry run" (no jars in them). One seemed to work fine: I but the stove on medium temp. Iit started steaming nicley out of the valve, and didnt run out of water after an hour. I did the FungiFun-test ( [url=http://www.fungifun.org/pcooker/ ]http://www.fungifun.org/pcooker/ [/url] )and trickled water onto the lid, and it immediately evaporated.
This shows that the temp seems to be sufficient, and that it works correctly at 15 psi, right?

The other one is a bit more tricky: The valve is turnable and allows two options. I didn?t know which one to use , and so I left it on option "one". After half an hour the pressure indicator hadn?t been pushed out past marker one (out of three) and no steam was coming out of the valve. I turned up the temp from medium to high and turned the valve to option "two". After ten minutes it began steaming and making a hell lot of noise. I did the FungiFun-test, which showed, that the temp was not as high as in the first PC.The steam didn?t just come out of the top of the valve , but also the front of it (opposite to the handle). This happened to me on my first sterilisation attempt too, resulting in an empty PC and cracked Rye-Jars. To avoid this I tried to turn the valve to "one", but this only engaged more steam output , and so I put it back to "two". - At this moment the indicator is exposing two of the red bars. - I then tried to lower the temp to medium, which had the disired effect of less steam coming out of the front , but also the top and the indicator sank to merely one line... - My parents just interrupted me , and so I just janked the pc of the stove and out into the yard , I cant check wether there is still water in it and how much....
My questions now are:
- Does my first PC work?
- How can I get my second to work properly? (I aint got no manuals)

Thanks for reading and sorry if it was confusing, but I just tried to describe my prob as well as possible.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Edited by JazzMatazz (01/31/03 04:08 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: Pressure Cooker II [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1261284 - 01/30/03 10:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The steam didn?t just come out of the top of the valve , but also the front of it (opposite to the handle).

This is BAD, do not, I repeat DO NOT use this pressure cooker until you have fixed it.

Normally, you want to heat up the pressure cooker til steam begins to push the weight up and releases. Then you want to turn the heat down so that just an occassional burst of steam is released. The second pressure option is the one you most likely want, however, it may only be like 10psi. Some PCs are 5psi and 10 psi, some are 5 and 7.5, some are 10 and 15. You should probably find out the manufacture of your pressure cooker and get specific details for its operations.

If you let the steam come out full blast, you will run out of water and crack something, either your jars or the PC itself resulting in a big BOOM. That is also bad.

-jssmthrfcknchrst

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1261331 - 01/30/03 10:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

>The steam didn?t just come out of the top of the valve , but also the front of it (opposite to the handle)

the seal is leaking . maybe that is why your mom has two pc ?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1261862 - 01/30/03 01:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

>I did the MushMush-test

You mean the Fungifun test?
http://www.fungifun.org/pcooker/

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Pressure Cooker II [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1264124 - 01/31/03 04:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

The steam didn?t just come out of the top of the valve , but also the front of it (opposite to the handle). 

This is BAD, do not, I repeat DO NOT use this pressure cooker until you have fixed it.

Normally, you want to heat up the pressure cooker til steam begins to push the weight up and releases. Then you want to turn the heat down so that just an occassional burst of steam is released. The second pressure option is the one you most likely want, however, it may only be like 10psi. Some PCs are 5psi and 10 psi, some are 5 and 7.5, some are 10 and 15. You should probably find out the manufacture of your pressure cooker and get specific details for its operations.

If you let the steam come out full blast, you will run out of water and crack something, either your jars or the PC itself resulting in a big BOOM. That is also bad.

-jssmthrfcknchrst 

Man, I thank you for this reply! This is the best bloody reply I ve had here. You really helped me on this one! :smile:
Thx,
    Jazz 

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Pressure Cooker II [Re: deanofmean]
    #1264127 - 01/31/03 04:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the seal is leaking . maybe that is why your mom has two pc ?

Good point there!

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Pressure Cooker II [Re: Anno]
    #1264130 - 01/31/03 04:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

>I did the MushMush-test

You mean the Fungifun test?
http://www.fungifun.org/pcooker/

Uups , sorry anno! I thought Id seen it at MushMush!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation