Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJanamil

Re: Vaccinations [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #12608091 - 05/22/10 03:00 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
yes clearly this is over your head since you lack the ability to think freely....prolly just the mercury talking

I hope to god you dont have children.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Vaccinations [Re: Janamil]
    #12608161 - 05/22/10 03:41 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ditto

Quote:

Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior. Although early behavioral or cognitive intervention can help autistic children gain self-care, social, and communication skills, there is no known cure.

Repetitive behavior

Autistic individuals display many forms of repetitive or restricted behavior, which the Repetitive Behavior Scale-Revised (RBS-R)[33] categorizes as follows.    * Stereotypy is repetitive movement, such as hand flapping, making sounds, head rolling, or body rocking.
    * Compulsive behavior is intended and appears to follow rules, such as arranging objects in stacks or lines.
    * Sameness is resistance to change; for example, insisting that the furniture not be moved or refusing to be interrupted.
    * Ritualistic behavior involves an unvarying pattern of daily activities, such as an unchanging menu or a dressing ritual. This is closely associated with sameness and an independent validation has suggested combining the two factors.[33]
    * Restricted behavior is limited in focus, interest, or activity, such as preoccupation with a single television program, toy, or game.
    * Self-injury includes movements that injure or can injure the person, such as eye poking, skin picking, hand biting, and head banging.[3] A 2007 study reported that self-injury at some point affected about 30% of children with ASD.[25]

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleSci-Fi
OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Vaccinations [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #12608185 - 05/22/10 04:05 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
ditto

Quote:

Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior. Although early behavioral or cognitive intervention can help autistic children gain self-care, social, and communication skills, there is no known cure.

Dude. He didn't have a choice in being autistic or not. Most people with autism are exceptionally smart. Mild autism is not as much a dysfunction as it is a just a difference.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Vaccinations [Re: maerigan]
    #12608236 - 05/22/10 04:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lady tramp said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

Do you realize that the average age people lived to PRIOR TO VACCINATIONS was around 40
One can expect to live 2X as long these days and its because of proper vaccinations

Really? Because his grandfather just turned 90. And still gets out and works cattle, travels to the next state over and goes gambling, and goes out dancing... Never had a vaccination in his life.

My grandfather is in his 70s and in better shape than most people in their 30s.  His parents lived to be in their 90s also.  Actually, all of my great grandparents lived to be really old.  I don't see how I could plan to live twice as long as they did. Not at all.  180 is old, man.

:huxleyfacepalm:

You have no fucking idea what an average age is do ya.

So much for your 'higher education' :whatever:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

Re: Vaccinations [Re: maerigan] * 1
    #12608239 - 05/22/10 04:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

God dammit...how can people get lost in their bullshit so much i'll never understand...right on you're sticking it to the man by rejecting western medicine...:facepalm:

Ok,tiomersal - it contains mercury but it's in a covalent bond within it's structure,for mercury to be poisonous it needs to be in it's ionized form so that it can substitute other metals in enzymes and other stuff...do you even know what ionized means?

Baby tylenol - this is an argument against you,tylenol is poisonous to children in the exact same way it is for adults...it's not until you run out of Glutation than it gets metabolized into something hepato-toxic.Children happen to be more sensitive because they have less Glutation so doses for children need to be lower.The thing that happens is that people out of ignorance give their children bigger doses and accidents happen.Paracetamol is safe for your child if you know what you are doing,sadly most of you people haven't the slightest clue so it had to be retracted to prevent accidents.

You are ignorant and misguided and it saddens me that your child has to suffer because of it both physically because you refuse vaccinations and mentally because he'll have a sheltered life.This being said I wish you all the best and may you be one of the lucky ones that get away without the worst happening.

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

Invisiblekoraks
    #12608249 - 05/22/10 05:10 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lady tramp said:
And no matter how much information I find on both sides of the argument, I can't shake the feeling of "don't do it"

And that's exactly why I'm not going to argue with you. You literally state that no matter what information is offered to you, you will stick with your current opinion. Therefore, the rest of this post is intended for those who are actually willing to educate themselves on this subject.

This is a bit from a post I made months ago when the whole swine flu discussion went down:
Quote:

Ok, I looked it up for you. First the mercury thing. The mercury in flu vaccines comes in the form of a preservative called Thimerosal. Its concentration of a mercury-containing molecule is apparently about 49%. However, it is present in vaccines in concentrations between 0.003% and 0.1%. That means that a flu vaccine may contain up to 0.0015% and 0.005% ethylmercury. Note that this does not equal the same percentages of mercury; those numbers would be smaller still. Note that with a typical dosage of 0.5mL, the actual amount of ethylmercury you'd receive is somewhere between 0.00075mL (or 0.75uL) and 0.0025mL (2.5uL).
Source:
Ball LK, Ball R, Pratt RD. An assessment of thimerosal use in childhood vaccines. Pediatrics 2001;107(5):1147-54.
I'm willing to take that risk. Especially since the authors conclude that essentially, there are no risks to the use of a vaccine containing Thimerosal for children and adults. For infants < 6 months, a Thimerosal-free vaccine (these are available today as well and are likely currently replacing the mercury-containing ones) is recommended.

Note that I mention that Thimerosal (=Thiomersal) contains ethylmercury. The poisonous mercury compound that has triggered the world's awareness of the toxicity of mercury in the 1950s and 1960s is methylmercury. 99.9% of the sources that talk about the ill effects of mercury explicitly or implicitly talk about methylmercury. There has not been done the same amount of research into the toxicity effects of ethylmercury as there has been done into methylmercury, but two things are clear:
1. ethylmercury does not bioaccumulate; which is perhaps _the_ scary thing about methylmercury; hence, the body secretes ethylmercury quite quickly, limiting its stay in the body and thereby the chances it has do to any harm.
2. there is currently no support whatsoever for the supposed relationship between ethylmercury in vaccines and incidence of autism spectrum disorder (see e.g. Parker et al. 2004: http://lib.bioinfo.pl/meid:323146). This is despite the fact that we have absolutely humongous amounts of data regarding vaccinations and the incidence of ASD. Apparently, what the smart statistics people always say is right: correlation does not equal causation. Yes, we have witnessed a rise in incidence of ASD, and that rise can very well be explained by broader diagnosis criteria for ASD and better visibility of ASD in individuals due to changes in society (esp. drastically improved mental health care).

Notwithstanding the above, maximum dosage standards for ethylmercury are still based on those of methylmercury. Why? Because some legislators just saw the word 'mercury' and never bothered to do the actual research that they should have done decades ago to establish the actual toxicity of ethylmercury. But nobody will choose that route now, since practically every vaccine is already available in a mercury-free version especially developed to bring some peace of mind to the ill-informed, panicky hippies that show an even greater lack of the tendency to do some actual research.

So rest assured, within a few years, we will have bumped the costs of producing vaccines once more because some dumb hippies opted to use their big mouths instead of their small brains and created a panic that never needed to be there, effectively focusing the efforts of researchers in both industry and academia on a problem that doesn't exist, at the cost of investing those resources into efforts that could have brought us further instead of backtracking a non-important detail. Keep that in mind when you say that it's 'my personal decision to not vaccinate my kid'. And while you're at it, also read up a bit on the concept of 'herd immunity', which explains how vaccination programs are rendered ineffective if only 15% of a society consists of hysteric hippies, ill-informed conspiracy theorists and religious zealots. 'Personal decision' my fucking ass. Irresponsible behavior that is eligible for the ultimate Darwin award, that's what I think.

And that's all I'm going to say about it.

Edited by koraks (05/22/10 05:12 AM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Vaccinations [Re: koraks]
    #12608254 - 05/22/10 05:20 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:congrats:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Vaccinations [Re: P-O]
    #12608261 - 05/22/10 05:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PostiveOutlook said:
look into jenny McCarthy's Autism Organization...

she believes there is a connection between autism in kids, and the mercury in vaccines.. and so do many other!!

its sad that a lot of people will take medical advice from jenny McCarthy before they took advice from a Doctor. as i posted in the last thread about this..
many reputable scientific organizations have done extensive research proving that there is no known link between Autism and vaccines. these reputable researchers include The New England Journal of Medicine  as well as many other REPUTABLE medical organizations who HAVE done extensive LONG TERM studies around the WORLD to determine this.
seriously dude , Jenny MCcarthy and her wack Job group of money hungry lawyers?
I'm sorry Jenny's child has Autism but she needs to accept that her child developed this naturally through her genes and that she cant point her finger at a vaccine for this. you see, jenny wont accept that her perfect genes just may have developed a flaw in her offspring, that's just an unbearable idea to think that she can accept her child for who he really is.
BTW.. its Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carry that are on this stupid propaganda campaign to blame the medical and scientific community for their childs Autism.
please do your research before you decide to put your child at such risk by not vaccinating him/her. OR you can leave the research to the professionals, such as the child's DOCTOR.
i can send you tons of information on this subject if you'd like, proving its just a frivolous law suite that close minded conceited celebrities started because they couldn't accept that they just aren't perfect.
Do the responsible and mature thing and take care of your children. if you feel like rebelling against society then do it at your own risk, not your child's.
good luck sir, i do hope you decide to read up on this subject and do the right thing.

--------------------
MrFunGuy: "I figured if I put a 15lb cinder block on top of the pot lid that it would cook @15 psi."[]

Invisibletrampis
mad hatter
 User Gallery

Re: Vaccinations [Re: jim617]
    #12608293 - 05/22/10 05:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Would these reputable medical organizations happen to be funded by the same people that sponsor the war on drugs?

The same professionals that have done so much research to prove how hazardous things like marijuana are for the community?

Its just a little suspicious to me when these government funded doctors are telling us that the way to be healthy is by injecting ourselves with substances that we do NOT truly  know the long term effects of.

I think that staying healthy is a very simple thing to achieve. Eat right, be active, think healthy thoughts.

Some of you act like it's just some 'stupid hippie shit' or that these people are 'uneducated'.

I think you're just judgmental assholes :shrug:

Go ahead, get in line for your shots and pretend that you have some kind of advantage over people who live a healthy lifestyle.

:facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleSci-Fi
OG
Male User Gallery

#12608299 - 05/22/10 05:57 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Where or not Thermisol is bad is completely beyond whether you should get the vaccine.

Is it really that hard to read this:

Here is a table showing which vaccines contain Thermisol and which ones don't.

And pick a manufacturer that doesn't use Thermisol?

Is it really?

Invisiblemaerigan
Female

Re: Vaccinations [Re: Sci-Fi]
    #12608330 - 05/22/10 06:25 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There are more risks to getting vaccines than THIMEROSAL.
That it just ONE that I shook my head at in the OP.

Doctors tell you not to introduce new foods into your child's system more than one at a time, because then it would be impossible to know which one they are allergic to.  Yet they also seem to think it is a good idea to inject your child with multiple vaccines at the same time.
If your child has an allergic reaction to one of them, how would you know?

That's also forcing your child's immune system into having to fight multiple viruses at the same time, which is a lot more than if they were to acquire these diseases naturally where it would most likely be one at a time.

Children get VERY sick from getting vaccinations all the time.  Frequent side effects include running very high fevers.  One of the first things they tell you in the hospital is that a temperature of over 100.4 degrees could lead to brain damage.
Vaccines could give your child a temp of OVER 101 degrees for multiple days.

Now, quit assuming that this is only about fear of my child becoming autistic.  And by the way, it even says on the CDC website that is an ongoing study.  Stop acting like it will never be proven true. They are still gathering information on it.

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Vaccinations [Re: trampis]
    #12608344 - 05/22/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's not only government funded doctors. It's doctors and scientists all over the world. They all agree that vaccination is good. Very good. Likely to be the best medical invention ever.

You are selfishly enjoying herd immunity if you don't get vaccinated.

> I think that staying healthy is a very simple thing to achieve. Eat right, be active, think healthy thoughts.

That is not going to protect you against Polio etc. 

> Some of you act like it's just some 'stupid hippie shit' or that these people are 'uneducated'.

It is stupid hippie shit and people are uneducated.

> Go ahead, get in line for your shots and pretend that you have some kind of advantage over people who live a healthy lifestyle.

You with your healthy lifestyle selfishly enjoy the very small risk we take to protect you by herd immunity. I can't wait for the day when enough people stop taking vaccines, herd immunity doesn't work anymore and they all die.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Vaccinations [Re: niteowl]
    #12608349 - 05/22/10 06:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

Amish people are just fucking fine, they LIVE all the time.  Their children are just fine. And they do not give them vaccinations.

If you plan on keeping your kid
within 10 miles of you forever
then your plan just might work

but if he ever decides to travel abroad
he could have some serious issues
due to your ignorance

this logic is just silly, if HE decides to travel abroad then HE is
obviously old enough to decide whether he want vaccinations, how then
would her choices affect him if he's survived to that age

I managed to survive mumps, measles, chicken pox and scarlet fever, I
never contracted hepatitis or diptheria and neither had I been
vaccinated against any of the crap as a child... to listen to you guys,
it's a death sentence... how the fuck did the human race survive and
multiply into the billions prior to vaccination... and how the fuck do
we know that the life expectancy of 40 years is accurate, because some
doctard told us? well how do we explain all the people that have lived
to be in their 80s and 90s back then... could it be that they possessed
superior genetics and that was passed down to their offspring who in
turn passed it to theirs and this is a large contributor to the life
expectancy... no, of course not, modern medicine because some dumbass
with a degree said so

InvisibleSci-Fi
OG
Male User Gallery

#12608356 - 05/22/10 06:35 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lady tramp said:
There are more risks to getting vaccines than THIMEROSAL.

:orly:

Please enlighten me.

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

#12608360 - 05/22/10 06:38 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok,we get it,you are better and smarter then the rest of the world because you have some sort of hippie-intuition

Now leave us idiots be and go live healthy...internet is bad for your brain.

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Vaccinations [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12608377 - 05/22/10 06:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

multiply into the billions prior to vaccination... and how the fuck do
we know that the life expectancy of 40 years is accurate, because some
doctard told us? well how do we explain all the people that have lived
to be in their 80s and 90s back then... could it be that they possessed
expectancy... no, of course not, modern medicine because some dumbass
with a degree said so

diseases mutate and adjust, as well as they do become more advanced over time, so we need the vaccines to keep up with them.
and you have been vaccinated before, everyone gets a polio vaccine. i dont know if you remember what polio did to us as a human race before we discovered the vaccine, but it was a devastating blow to the human race. also do you remember the black plague? something like a third of the worlds population was wiped out because of it. this an happen with many complex viruses and diseases again if we decide to neglect ourselves because of some stupid conspiracy theory.
also you may have survived the numps and the measles or whatever you had, but would a young child or a new born have such luck as you did.
your a smart guy priz, i dont understand why you would say such a thing.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #12608382 - 05/22/10 06:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I never contracted hepatitis or diptheria and neither had I been
multiply into the billions prior to vaccination...

Herd immunity. Read about it. It protects everyone. That's why we don't even have the most scary diseases anymore. And vaccinations are over 200 years old, when we were with less than 1 billion people on this planet.

Quote:

could it be that they possessed
expectancy...

No, females can't get any children after about age 50 so there is no advantage or more offspring. It's because of healthier food, hygiene and health care (including vaccinations).

InvisibleSci-Fi
OG
Male User Gallery

#12608392 - 05/22/10 06:57 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

You don't have to go find viruses, they can come to you. International airports?
My dads friend brought yellow fever back from his vacation in south america. I'm sure everyone on the plane never thought they would be exposed to yellow fever.

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
multiply

"The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30% to 60% of Europe's population."

"The 1918 flu pandemic (spanish flu) Between 50 and 100 million died, making it the deadliest natural disaster in human history."

....and vaccines are much older than our relatively recent 1 billion population.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #12608400 - 05/22/10 06:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jim617 said:
diseases mutate and adjust, as well as they do become more advanced over time, so we need the vaccines to keep up with them.
and you have been vaccinated before, everyone gets a polio vaccine.

correct, and our use of antibiotics and vaccines actually accelerate the process

and no, I've never had a polio vaccine

Quote:

i dont know if you remember what polio did to us as a human race before we discovered the vaccine

all those diseases obviously led to the extinction of the human race,
everyone was crippled, couldnt find food so mankind had died out, then
we discovered the vaccine and everyone was resurrected... 

Quote:

also you may have survived the numps and the measles or whatever you had, but would a young child or a new born have such luck as you did.
your a smart guy priz, i dont understand why you would say such a thing.

billions of of young children already have survived, you wouldnt be here
today if it were untrue

Offlinejim617
untrusted cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Vaccinations [Re: Annom]
    #12608401 - 05/22/10 06:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
It's not only government funded doctors. It's doctors and scientists all over the world. They all agree that vaccination is good. Very good. Likely to be the best medical invention ever.

You are selfishly enjoying herd immunity if you don't get vaccinated.

> I think that staying healthy is a very simple thing to achieve. Eat right, be active, think healthy thoughts.

That is not going to protect you against Polio etc. 

> Some of you act like it's just some 'stupid hippie shit' or that these people are 'uneducated'.

It is stupid hippie shit and people are uneducated.

> Go ahead, get in line for your shots and pretend that you have some kind of advantage over people who live a healthy lifestyle.

You with your healthy lifestyle selfishly enjoy the very small risk we take to protect you by herd immunity. I can't wait for the day when enough people stop taking vaccines, herd immunity doesn't work anymore and they all die.

all so true, people are so caught up on these stoner conspiracy theories where they think the government is out to get them. these test have been performed by so many medical research groups from AROUND THE WORLD, that includes private labs, college universities as well as government funded programs. 
dont you think that Jenny McCarthy and her little conspiracy group fund their own research also? dont you think that they have spent millions on hiring their own labs to challenge the research themselves? of course they have! and guess what. they came up with NOTHING!  please guys, stop getting high and watching youtube and believing everything you read or watch off the internet. take care of your children and stop taking medical advice from JENNY McCARTHY!!! lol

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom