Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescarywindow
(see theair)(feel thesky)

marijuana.
    #1259506 - 01/29/03 05:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hello.  i'm new here.  that aside... i have been smoking marijuana for about 7 years.  about five or six bowls a day for the past four years.  i feel that it has greatly improved my life in many aspects, but i also feel that it has also hindered me in a few ways.  now, i do know that heavy use will interrupt the r.e.m. cycle somewhat, and if i'm not mistaken, that is the stage of sleep where most dreaming occurs...  this is not good.  in the past it never really bothered me... but lately i've been thinking about the importance of dreams and how paying attention to them could play key significance in my evolution.  i've never been able to go lucid...  which is something that i really want to do...  kind of feel a weird intuition that it will somehow help me.  i've been feeling change lately.  like i've got to get my ass in gear... something is going to happen soon.  anybody else getting this feeling?  i feel like i need to be ready.  sorry... got off track i guess...  anyway... i feel like i at a least need to quit smoking for a while.  i took a break for about a month last year...  it was really difficult... but my dreaming did seem to get better.  i believe that marijuana is a tool... a sacred plant that should be respected, but i have a hard time actually putting my beliefs into action when it comes to that.  :smirk: now is the time to DO i suppose.  i'm abusing this and it is not helping me evolve.  anyone else having these kinds of thoughts?...  thanks for your time. 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: marijuana. [Re: scarywindow]
    #1259524 - 01/29/03 05:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Marijuana is very hard to use and not abuse. I used to smoke daily, and i've worked myself down to a few times a month. I try to smoke with other people, as a way to share peace, and I almost always put a seed back in the ground each time i smoke or get new pot, as a sort of offering to the plant. Marijuana when abused is extremely detrimental to your physical, mental and spiritual health. I think you should really try to work hard to get off it, take a break, and learn to enjoy sobriety.

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: marijuana. [Re: Remy]
    #1259577 - 01/29/03 05:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ive always thought that tolerance is the plant's way of telling you that you're taking it too far. The plant is not here specifically for our benifit, we are here for it's benifit also. Humans are responsible for the plant still being around because we seek and grow it for it's teaching qualities.  :grin: when used in moderation, it really does get to be more special and takes you further. It takes a lot of will power to not abuse marijuana, but moderating it does tend to pay off through more extreme highs and more money in the old wallet.   

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: marijuana. [Re: scarywindow]
    #1260655 - 01/30/03 06:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I know exactly how you feel about it disrupting sleep. I've found that if only smoked once a day and towards the begining of the day (wake n bake) it doesn't effect your dream recall much. However I do recomend quitting for a while. You might get rem-rebound which is when your brain stays in rem sleep longer to make up for all the lost nights. You'll be glad you did quit, and if you should ever go back to Mary Jane, she'll seem a lot more beautiful after a long break from her.  :wink: 

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: marijuana. [Re: bluesky]
    #1260668 - 01/30/03 06:17 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There is no such thing as tolerance to marijuana in my personal experience. Many times it seems the MORE I smoke, the more sensitive I become to it! But then again, I react very strangely to weed... Most people can sleep just fine while high... Me? No way in hell. :smile: My mind is WAY too active to fall asleep when I am high. 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
Re: marijuana. [Re: Adamist]
    #1260789 - 01/30/03 07:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow. i think that too. but i lose dream recal completely if i smoke anytime during the day....

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1260889 - 01/30/03 07:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Marijuana when abused is extremely detrimental to your physical, mental and spiritual health.

i would have to disagree, marijuana can be spiritually embracing. People dont really understand marijuana, sure its abused, but the way i see it as long as you have different strains, it can REALLY help your phyisical, mental, and spiritual self.

Different strains are the key, some times i just want to mellow out, and not think, thats what my skunks for! Some times i want to rapidly think/half-ass trip, thats what my sativa's are for!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1260891 - 01/30/03 07:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Marijuana when abused is extremely detrimental to your physical, mental and spiritual health.

i would have to disagree, marijuana can be spiritually embracing. People dont really understand marijuana, sure its abused, but the way i see it as long as you have different strains, it can REALLY help your phyisical, mental, and spiritual self.

Different strains are the key, some times i just want to mellow out, and not think, thats what my skunks for! Some times i want to rapidly think/half-ass trip, thats what my sativa's are for!

Think of marijuana, plays the pleasure piano keys in your head, if you smoke the same strain over and over agian, its like playing the same notes on the piano agian and agian.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Anonymous

Re: marijuana. [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1262262 - 01/30/03 03:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I agree that is it hard to remember dreams but it doesn't begin to damage them or anything in any way..I believe dreams to be your thoughts played out in shitload combinations in a different 'realm' all to itself. It's like a blank world you go to, to create whatever your thoughts desire..those of us who can learn to realize this and control the 'creation' go lucid..this goes hand in hand believing thought is what creates if you can think it through deeply enough. now what weed does it makes your thoughts very rapid and detailed..therefore making your dream world creations more off the wall..hence the reason its harder to remember..even scientists know dreams are basically your brain 'filing' away your thoughts of the day...this is why that one dude (sorry dont remember who said it) said you've got to change strains of weed..because some weed makes you just spaced out and everything relaxed, tiring, and kind of blurry...the other GOOD weed high is crisp, fastpaced, and thought crazy..im not real fond of the stoney ass skunk weed cause i like my rapid paced thoughts..and im learning to recall my dreams better when smoking weed

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology