Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
If you like
    #1257922 - 01/29/03 09:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I wrote an email for a friend. She is a very special person, with much unused potential. Like most of us, the runs away from the fact that she is alive, lost and has no idea what needs to be done in LIFE. Here is a the email, so that maybe some of you may enjoy it too. Peace and love to you all.

Please read what has been written with care and attention. If you do not have time when you get this email, please save it for some other time when you have time to read and reflect. I write this only for you, and I like that you get the most out of it.

As I inhale and exhale, I wonder, if anyone wonders what lets them do this. Who gives us the power to breathe, to maintain this life, even when we are in deep sleep. If we can breathe in deep sleep, when we do not exist as an individual entity, then who is breathing.
When we split the atom, what happens. We get a blast of pure energy. So since all matter is made up of atoms, when any of these atoms are split, the same thing is seen behind one atom, as it behind all of them. That same energy is behind the whole universe, it creates or Generates, is maintains or Operates, and it changes or Destroys, thus we have the word GOD. The human mind takes this word and gives it its own meaning, and limits something that is limitless, something that is infinitely beyond the capability of the mind to conceive. But what gives the mind the ability to function, to think, to contrast and make choices. Well, that same energy that manifests all matter, also manifests the consciousness that may perceive the matter. So if this energy moves every electron around the nucleus, in every atom, then our body is moved by this energy as well, and our mind is given the capability to understand by this same force. Please keep in mind that the words such as energy and force are simply descriptive words that point to something that we do not know in truth, so please do not get lost in the words.

This energy, is the closest thing to us. It is our Mother Source. It has given us everything that we see and use, and has given us all the joys in life that we have. When we love someone, where does that love come from. None wonders about that, we just take it for granted. So why should we not know out Mother Source, why should we be not aware of that closest most natural thing to us. If that force has created the universe in such vast dimensions, and all the conscious entities to perceive the creation, should there be any fear that it might not be able to satisfy us. Should there be any question, that if there is anything that will fully satisfy us forever, that it is that Knowledge, that Union with our Mother, the practical experience and practical union with out parent source.

When a baby and her mother go out to the market, the baby is very happy. It can enjoy all the things in the market, and see all the different things with joy. If, and when the baby looses the hand of the mother, it will start crying. Then any man and woman can come and give the baby sweets and nice toys, but the baby will still cry. Now all the things that were sweet are bitter, all the nice things now become dreadful, and that which was once heaven is now hell. And everything is still the same on the outside. An as soon as the baby is rejoined with her mother, again the baby will smile, again the baby can enjoy all the different things.

More can be written, much more can be written. But the question is, is anyone reading.
All the things that I wrote to you before, I wrote only to spark up some questions in you. To get you to wander why I say such strange things, so that maybe you would ask me for an explanation, so that things are cleared up. Just like you see a chair, and behind the chair is pure limitless energy, so some words that may be written through me may look like one thing, but there may be something behind that, which you do not know. How can I really explain this I really do not know. I really just like to help people out, to make them aware that there is something behind the picture, behind this seemingly meaningless life, that makes life perfectly meaningful. But if that is not known in experience, if it is not practically realized and practically united with, then it is simply philosophy, simply more meaningless words. The hand of the Mother has to be held, and all the talk about it in the world will never satisfy us, will never give us that which we are hungry for in every moment.
We can all do this, we can find our own life force within ourselves, and we have to do this. It is out primary obligation as human beings, to know what makes us live. All other things can be done, no problem. The world is as it is, and it?s all perfect for our growth, but we have to walk the path, we have to do the work, we have to evolve as a consciousness. A student of Christ asked him, what is the most important commandment that he preaches. Christ said, seek the kingdom of heaven first, and all other things shall be added onto you. The old Greek wise men gave one statement for all man kind. They said, Man, Know Thy Self.

PEace

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: If you like [Re: questforall]
    #1257966 - 01/29/03 09:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

!!!!!

the Landotter has just fallen over in amazement!

I think I'm in love  :blush:  :laugh:

Great post & welcome! 

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1258137 - 01/29/03 10:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Great wisdom comes with a great understanding about simple things.
You have a good writing skill and express goodness very clearly, welcome.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: If you like [Re: MAIA]
    #1258179 - 01/29/03 10:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Figures such an excellent piece of writing would come from home. :grin: :grin:

But what are your views of good and evil?  Do they exist?  Or are all things just, from this neutral energy?  could there be different types of energy, or is it like a force of nature...impartial, uncontrolable, but self containing....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1260697 - 01/30/03 06:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That is a damn fine post.

I especially love this sentence:

"That same energy is behind the whole universe, it creates or Generates, is maintains or Operates, and it changes or Destroys, thus we have the word GOD. The human mind takes this word and gives it its own meaning, and limits something that is limitless, something that is infinitely beyond the capability of the mind to conceive."

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: If you like [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1260704 - 01/30/03 06:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Figures such an excellent piece of writing would come from home

Yes!  B.C. all the way!  I s'pose I can't call myself a British Columbian anymore though, now that I've lived east of the Rockies for so long.

Alberta sucks...

... but at least it's not Saskatchewan!  :wink:  Just kidding...

questforall and Azmodeus... do you feel that living in BC has affected how you live your life and determined your overall personality? 

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Edited by the_Landotter (01/30/03 08:45 AM)

Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
    #1262692 - 01/30/03 06:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yea yea yea

--------------------

Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
    #1265501 - 01/31/03 12:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

In case anyone wondered what was meant by my reply of 'yea yea yea', it meant absolutely nothing. I kind of felt like more people should read that post since it turned out kind of nice, so i wrote blah, to bring it back up for more people to read. By the way, I hope all of you are doing good, and I do hope at least some of you are 'getting out there' as our friend suggested it, and sharing with others. The present that is not shared is wasted.

Also check out tha Maya post I made, its a good story to keep in mind, it will keep the one who understands out of alot of trouble, and it will minimize our suffering. Also check out the post on Lakshmans discourse about Devotion, its a really nice peace of writing, that needs to be understood.

If anyone will share with me their ideas, that would be nice. Peace to you all.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology