Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Spores Illegal? [Re: EthnoJimmy]
    #1258677 - 01/29/03 11:10 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

There are very small amounts of alkaloids in poppy seeds but they're still legal.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1258684 - 01/29/03 11:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

see above post;;;um, like, yeah dudes, like doesn't anybody keep up with drug laws? the whole deal with hemp seed is like if even 1 out of 1000 seeds has traceable THC in it your whole operation goes down. sheesh, get a subscription to high times or at least send some dough to NORML.

InvisibleEthnoJimmy
Voyage thegalaxy

Re: Spores Illegal? [Re: SixCee]
    #1258688 - 01/29/03 11:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Poppies are also legal to grow. Only illegal to harvest and use in an illegal manner. Mushroom fruits are illegal altogether in a lot of places.

--------------------
Don't walk behind me, I will not lead?
Don't walk in front of me, I will not follow?
Just walk beside me and be a friend.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1258694 - 01/29/03 11:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

but there is not an "epidemic" of people growing poppies and producing opiates on a massive scale within the US so why waste the efforts on that? when you think like a pig the laws start to make a little more "sense".

Edited by debianlinux (01/29/03 11:16 AM)

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Re: Spores Illegal? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1258720 - 01/29/03 11:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

How would you know if there was or wasn't? It would be pretty dumb to harvest the opium out in the open where everyone could see. If your neighbors grew mushrooms would you know?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1258737 - 01/29/03 11:22 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

do you not think about this? i feel as if you just ask to challenge me. let's see. you grow a shitload of poppies and produce a shitload of opium (for example) and you start slinging it. eventually it all comes down and you get busted. then we all know. same goes for shrooms. we've heard the horror stories. every time a shroomer goes down for cultivation (at least the ones I hear about) it is a LARGE operation. now, with that in mind, how often do you hear of large poppy production operation going down in the USA??? thought so. basic fact: it ain't happening.

InvisibleEthnoJimmy
Voyage thegalaxy

#1258745 - 01/29/03 11:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

And do you read many articles on multitudes of people spazzing out in public on Salvia D? Nope...but they're still trying to outlaw it.

--------------------
Don't walk behind me, I will not lead?
Don't walk in front of me, I will not follow?
Just walk beside me and be a friend.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1258766 - 01/29/03 11:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

good point but a little off the subject (that being ALREADY illegal substances having their means of production; seeds/spores/etc; made illegal) I have wondered why anyone cares if salvia exists (from a legal standpoint). any ideas of your own? (i'm also wondering when this thread is going to be locked since we are not discussing cultivation too much are we?)

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

#1258880 - 01/29/03 11:56 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The biggest slice of pie of opium manufacture (i know it comes from a plant) is in Afghanistan. If anyone is to compete they would have to grow hundreds of plants which will nearly always mean failure. No drug baron will grow hundreds of plants in an underground or hidden grow room. It wouldn't be economically insufficient since the power needed to push one plant into maturity is more than how much money you will make off how selling the opium it produces which is very litte.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1258908 - 01/29/03 12:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

.... which is why the govie doesn't make a big deal about the seeds and go to insane lengths to punish and track and etc. and etc. like they do with say pot or god forbid, the synthetic crap like E and meth, etc.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

#1258914 - 01/29/03 12:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

And that is why the seeds are legal yet marijuana seeds aren't.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1258924 - 01/29/03 12:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i'm glad we are in agreement now :smile:. so, this makes like 50 posts for me today. gee, that's a record for me for sure. I think when I hit 400 I will have to call it a night ... :smile:

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

#1258933 - 01/29/03 12:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know what we are debating about  :frown:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1258989 - 01/29/03 12:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hrrm. hehe, who cares. if you read the posts (just mine and yours paying attention to the RE:'s) i thought we were debating why pot seeds are illegal concerning THC content and poppies weren't despite alkaloid content. i made the point that pot is a high-profile drug that they ARE out to get so therefore it would stand to reason that the seeds are illegal. you DID ask why the poppies are not illegal despite alkaloid content. i was explaining why. you seemed to imply that possibly there were large operations of poppy production going on and nobody knew about it. then i stated that that couldn't be or somebody would a got busted by now. then you turned around agreed that the poppies aren't illegal cuz the government doesn't really care about those (yet). so then we were in agreement. ethnojimmy tossed in a sidetrack about salvia having a fairly low profile (despite being advertised in freaking men's health and other MAJOR publications) yet being attacked legally and i wanted to hear his thoughts on that. sooo, EJ... :smile: it's all just some convo, really, unless I'M SCREAMING i ain't sweating any of anything, people seem to read me wrong alot round here. (not saying that your reading me wrong.. heehehhe)

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1259113 - 01/29/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My god debian, why do you always have to be such a jerk?  :shocked:

don't take me seriously, im just messing with you  :laugh: 

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Re: Spores Illegal? [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1259231 - 01/29/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hhmmm... Well now I REALLY dont get it lol.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Spores Illegal? [Re: ]
    #1259292 - 01/29/03 02:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The problem with this argument is there is alot of misinformation in how substances are controled.

First of all there are only if I remember right five plants and one species of mushroom that are illegal. Every other plant is NOT illegal. so I guess lets start at the begining.

First of all poppies ARE illegal, (One species of them that is, the rest also produce opium and are perfectly legal) however the wording of the laws is very hazy and this has led to the basic rule that they are legal if they aren't used for anything illegal. SO it works like this, cop see's poppies in your backyard and finds a book on opium, your busted. Cop finds poppies in your yard and no drugs or drug related items, not illegal. Since its hard to inforce such a hazy law its generaly safe to say that they're legal BUT don't get caught extracting opium.

As for most other plants (such as salvia) The goverment IS NOT making salvia divinorum illegal, they making salvinorum A a controled substance. So savlia wont be illegal, just a small part of it without proper permision from the drug eforcment agencie.

Spores aren't illegal because only the mushroom is illegal and contains a controlled substance. The spores do not and therefore do not fall into the catigory of a controlled substance. They probly wont be made illegal for many years simply because the gov really only steps in when people are making alot of (un-taxed) cash. When shrooms start making drug deals rich guys then they'll crack down on it more. As it stands they can bust you for the finished product already and so show they are making a real good fight in the war on drugs. The gov doesn't have a problem with you becoming a dealer aslong as they get to bust you later hehehe

Now how things with salvia will pan out remains to be seen. There are many plants that contain a controlled substance that are not illegal to poses, such as poppies and all cacti save peyote (specifically illegal without religiouse excemption) These are considered ornamental and there for the goverment can't really bust grandma for growing something in her garden. Salvinorin a could be made a controlled substance and yet you could still order it from a ornamental mail order company such as richters (note: Richters does sell salvia and is one of the worlds biggest mail order plant companies) Since it is in many flower and herb catiloges already this is a posability. Wether it will go the way of the poppie or not remains to be seen and its just much better if salvinorin A never becomes controlled at all. Just because its illegal doesn't mean its illegal, you just have to learn the gray areas and don't cross the lines.

SO while this is a VERY simplified lesson on drug law ( I mean REALLY simplified, do some digging if you want to learn more, it may save you some day.

Sorry for the long post I was trying to simplifie it as much as posible and I hope in doing so I haven't confused anybody further. Any questions or comments, fire away.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Re: Spores Illegal? [Re: CoolMojo]
    #1259307 - 01/29/03 02:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Kind of like how LSA is illegal but bhw seeds aren't.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlineodinssun
letmehearthemusic

Loc: Canada
    #1260197 - 01/29/03 10:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

There are very small trace amounts of thc in seeds. This is why the legality of them is kinda odd. It is illegal to be in possesion of anything containing thc as thc is illegal but thats not a sure thing either. Fucking Goverment Swine piss me off. They made the laws that way so they could fuck over anyone they want but they don't have to press charges about it if they don't want

--------------------
This is all a work of fiction everything I type is fiction. I in no way have made any true statements
this is all a work of my mind

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Spores Illegal? [Re: CoolMojo]
    #1260428 - 01/30/03 02:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"First of all poppies ARE illegal"

exactly. i don't know where people get the idea that it is legal to grow papaver somniferum in the us. it isn't. opium poppies are a schedule 2 controlled substance along with the likes of coca leaves and cocaine. i guess people get the idea that "old ladies" grow them so they are legal. i wonder who these "old ladies" are and where they live.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/listby_sched/sched2.htm

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder