Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejvosh2
that guy

Loc: Vancouver, BC Flag
Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi * 1
    #12541356 - 05/11/10 02:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Barry McCaffrey is at it again.  Let's have some fun with this post.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20100510/pl_usnw/DC02324_1
Quote:

Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as California Prepares to Vote

Mon May 10, 4:28 pm ET

SAN DIEGO, May 10 –
As Featured Speaker, Presents 16-slide detailed analysis to Conference in San Diego

SAN DIEGO, May 10 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Four-Star General Barry R. McCaffrey (Ret), the former White House "Drug Czar" who was Director of National Drug Control Policy in the Clinton Administration, laid out the case against legalizing marijuana as California prepares to vote on the issue in a referendum.  As the featured speaker today at the 2010 National Marijuana Initiative and California Campaign Against Marijuana Planting Conference in San Diego, McCaffrey, now Adjunct Professor at West Point and a media expert on drugs and national security, presented a sixteen-slide detailed analysis.

For McCaffrey's full presentation see:  http://mccaffreyassociates.com/pages/documents/marijuana-nmicamp.pdf

Among points raised by McCaffrey:

* While 90% of Americans did not use marijuana last year, marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug.
    * 6.7% of 12- to 17-year-olds and 16.5% of 18- to 25-year-olds reported past month use of marijuana. 42.6% of twelfth graders reported lifetime use.
    * According to HHS, the younger children are when they first use marijuana, the more they are likely to use cocaine and heroin and become dependent on drugs as adults.
    * Detrimental health effects include respiratory illnesses, problems with learning and memory, increased heart rate, and impaired coordination.  Chronic marijuana use is associated with anxiety, depression, suicidal ideas, and schizophrenia.
    * Cancer of the respiratory tract and lungs may also be promoted by marijuana smoke, which contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke.
    * HHS Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) data indicate marijuana is involved in nearly 300,000 Emergency Room visits annually.
    * For treatment facility admissions, marijuana was the primary drug of abuse in some 200,000 cases in 1997 but 300,000 ten years later, in 2007.
    * If you got locked up for marijuana, you were most likely doing significant criminal activity.  Among Federal offenders sentenced for marijuana-related charges, 97.8% of cases involved trafficking. 
    * Most of the marijuana produced in Mexico is destined for U.S. drug markets.  In addition, California's illegal marijuana fields are controlled by employees of or people working with Mexican drug trafficking organizations carrying high-powered assault weapons.
    * Drug Prevention is a must in schools, athletic programs, religion, pediatric offices, and extra-curricular activities. Kids that are busy are less likely to abuse drugs.  Parent-led and community-supported programs are essential.
    * Inhaled marijuana smoke is not "medical" but dangerous.  Marijuana smoke is a crude THC delivery system that also sends harmful substances into the body.
    * The Institute of Medicine concluded that "marijuana is not a modern medicine."
    * Medicines should not be approved by popular vote but must undergo rigorous clinical trials and then be approved by FDA.
    * Medical pot has been a stalking horse for the normalization of marijuana use.  Law enforcement agencies routinely report that large-scale drug traffickers hide behind and invoke Proposition 215 even when there is no evidence for a medical claim.
    * Medical marijuana already exists as Marinol, a pharmaceutical product widely available through prescription which has been studied and approved by the medical community and FDA.
    * There are no FDA-approved medications that are smoked.
    * There are more marijuana dispensaries in San Francisco than Starbucks coffee shops. Marijuana legalization will soon be a reality unless concerned Californians act now.  Drugs are not harmful because they are illegal -- they are illegal because they are harmful. 

Contact: Bob Weiner/Rebecca Vander Linde 301-283-0821 or 202-306-1200

SOURCE Robert Weiner Associates and BR McCaffrey Associates

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRafiki
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: jvosh2] * 2
    #12541480 - 05/11/10 03:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

* While 90% of Americans did not use marijuana last year, marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug.
* 6.7% of 12- to 17-year-olds and 16.5% of 18- to 25-year-olds reported past month use of marijuana. 42.6% of twelfth graders reported lifetime use.

--90% of Americans in total did not use marijuana last year. Does this include people under 18, or do they not count since they are children? They do count in the statistic below it in any case. Someone needs to figure that out. However, I can say without a doubt they do apply to the older crowd. Marijuana is a drug which is notedly popular with the younger American population. As people age, they become more likely to not have smoked the drug within the past year. The total population of Americans between ages 15 to 34 only makes up somewhere between 20% and 28% of our population. Thus these numbers, although correct, have been skewed to represent their point.
------------
* According to HHS, the younger children are when they first use marijuana, the more they are likely to use cocaine and heroin and become dependent on drugs as adults.

--This has always been a source of significant debate. It's yet another repeat of the gateway theory. Personally, as someone who has used pot plenty but has never used either cocaine or heroin, and doesn't ever plan to, I do not believe this. The only correlation I see for this is that marijuana is illegal, and when people are arrested for marijuana possession they, ironically, become more susceptible to hard-drug use. Our prisons are practically drug schools. You go in with an associate's in marijuana and come out with a master's in cocaine, or meth, or whatever it may be. And when people come out, they can't obtain work as easily because of the restrictions set by employers and the law. In America, once you are arrested for a drug offense, you are no longer eligible for student funding so going to college or even just making a decent living becomes much more of a challenge.
-----------------------------
* Detrimental health effects include respiratory illnesses, problems with learning and memory, increased heart rate, and impaired coordination.  Chronic marijuana use is associated with anxiety, depression, suicidal ideas, and schizophrenia.
* Cancer of the respiratory tract and lungs may also be promoted by marijuana smoke, which contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke.

--I will agree that certainly smoked marijuana does have negative health consequences. Smoking any substance puts tar and oxidized volatile compounds into one's lungs. The drug may impair our cognition to an extent. It also can have the effect of making one simply not care as much about their problems or priorities and push them to the back-burner, so to speak. It does increase heart rate, and probably does put some stress on the heart and the immune system, and it does affect judgement (for instance, a person driving on marijuana may not be able to make a quick judgement call at a time they need it, such as avoiding an accident.) Smoking too much marijuana can cause anxiety, I haven't personally heard much about its use being responsible for depression or suicidal thoughts and in fact it would seem to me like marijuana could be a good remedy for both of these conditions. And as far as I know, the jury is still out on whether it is linked to schizophrenia.

HOWEVER, I have to disagree with the second statement. There have been several government-funded studies showing a 'negative' correlation between smoking marijuana and cancer. In one such study, the group with the highest cancer rate was tobacco-only smokers, followed by tobacco and pot smokers, then non-smokers, then pot-only smokers. Thus 'smoking' the drug has been effectively correlated to lower cancer rates - despite the fact that the smoke may contain carcinogens. THC is a potent anti-carcinogen and can be used to help prevent tumors from spreading and even shrink their size. There is a whole documentary on this actually, it's prolly still on youtube heh.
------------------------------
* HHS Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) data indicate marijuana is involved in nearly 300,000 Emergency Room visits annually.
* For treatment facility admissions, marijuana was the primary drug of abuse in some 200,000 cases in 1997 but 300,000 ten years later, in 2007.

The first statement is true, to an extent. One must also consider that doctors generally ask if any drug is present in one's system 'regardless' of what is wrong. For this reason, that number is likely skewed since people get hurt regardless of whether they smoked marijuana or not, and is not necessarily (correct me if I am wrong here) directly correlated to the use of the drug. Furthermore, marijuana on its own still has not been directly correlated to any human deaths.

--The reason the second statement is true is because when a person is arrested for marijuana use, they are often given the option to choose between jail-time and treatment. Obviously they are going to choose treatment. A handful of people surely seek treatment from the drug on their own, but that number can't be anywhere near 300,000.
--------------------------
* Most of the marijuana produced in Mexico is destined for U.S. drug markets.  In addition, California's illegal marijuana fields are controlled by employees of or people working with Mexican drug trafficking organizations carrying high-powered assault weapons.

--Well this goes without saying, and is in fact a main argument for legalizing marijuana there. Marijuana is still illegal in California and is, thus, controlled by illegal organizations. They don't pay taxes, they do have assault weapons. They work in an unregulated market which the government has no control over. By legalizing and setting proper sensible guidelines as to who can legally sell pot to who, and under what circumstances, the theory is that like with alcohol prohibition, the drug will be sold not by people yielding high-powered assault rifles, but rather businesspeople who pay their taxes and are trying to live the American Dream.
-------------------------------
* If you got locked up for marijuana, you were most likely doing significant criminal activity.  Among Federal offenders sentenced for marijuana-related charges, 97.8% of cases involved trafficking. 

--This one is obvious. The key word here is 'Federal' offenders. Federal drug-enforcement is hardly concerned with the possession and use of illegal drugs - they are focused almost primarily on the trafficking. They're not going to waste resources on you for smoking a joint, cause that's up to the local law enforcement. So it makes perfect sense that 97.8% of 'federal' cases involving pot involved trafficking, but if you were to include state and local jurisdictions, that number would plummet waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. NORML has data on this, and based on those numbers (I only took a quick look, sorry peeps) I would estimate that 70-80% of marijuana arrests from all law-enforcement agencies are due to simple possession.
------------------------
* Drug Prevention is a must in schools, athletic programs, religion, pediatric offices, and extra-curricular activities. Kids that are busy are less likely to abuse drugs.  Parent-led and community-supported programs are essential.

--I do believe that we need to explain drugs to our kids in a sensible fashion. Kids should not be doing drugs when they could indeed be doing activities that could better their future, and they need to always be convinced to join extra-curricular activities. I think that the way we do it currently is wrong, in that we try to scare kids away from them completely by telling misleading facts because eventually they just learn otherwise anyways. But we do need a sensible approach to teaching our kids about avoiding specifically drug 'abuse', so that they know the true facts about these things. What they do, why people do them and the corresponding risks they carry - just like everything else in life. We shouldn't lie to them.
----------------------------
* Inhaled marijuana smoke is not "medical" but dangerous.  Marijuana smoke is a crude THC delivery system that also sends harmful substances into the body.
* The Institute of Medicine concluded that "marijuana is not a modern medicine."
* Medicines should not be approved by popular vote but must undergo rigorous clinical trials and then be approved by FDA.
* Medical marijuana already exists as Marinol, a pharmaceutical product widely available through prescription which has been studied and approved by the medical community and FDA.

--"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson
--------------------------------
* There are more marijuana dispensaries in San Francisco than Starbucks coffee shops. Marijuana legalization will soon be a reality unless concerned Californians act now.  Drugs are not harmful because they are illegal -- they are illegal because they are harmful. 

--This last statement is the most ironic of them all. The most harmful drug known to man is tobacco. It's completely legal. If that last statement were true, then tobacco would be without a doubt criminalized. But nope sorry that argument falls flat on its face. Other legal drugs include prescription opiates, which have thousands of Americans addicted. I've seen someone close to me go through prescription opiate addiction and trust me it is like no other addiction out there. Granted, some drugs are illegal because they are detrimental to health or society - but many of them such as magic mushrooms, LSD and marijuana, have extremely low toxicity and are physically very safe.

--------------------
"Prohibition cannot be enforced for the simple reason that the majority of American people do not want it enforced and are resisting its enforcement. That being so, the orderly thing to do under our form of government is to abolish a law which cannot be enforced, a law which the people of the country do not want enforced."

New York mayor Fiorello La Guardia, 1944.

OfflineTryptamineDream
Stranger
Female
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: Rafiki]
    #12541507 - 05/11/10 04:19 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Holy shit. I knew the DEA was good at vomiting up complete rubbish and attempting to pass it off as "fact", but I don't think I've ever seen an example as brazen as this.

I'm sure people with more time than I will tear apart these utterly misleading and often false statements. What a shameless attempt at propaganda - or perhaps our former drug czar is stupid enough to actually believe this horseshit? Even the mere hint of the latter possibility being a reality - (the idea of someone so clueless with regards to basic scientific and statistical principles, such as "correlation is not causation") - being given such a (formerly) high office of authority over deciding this country's drug policy...

I expect far too much of the American government, don't I?

Offlinejvosh2
that guy

Loc: Vancouver, BC Flag
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: TryptamineDream]
    #12541581 - 05/11/10 05:14 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, that last "fact" is just plain :cuteshit:  But he does say "Marijuana legalization will soon be a reality unless concerned Californians act now."  I really think the feds know that sooner or later it will all come crumbling down. 

California this year, possibly Oregon and Washington if they get their initiatives on the ballot, and I believe Colorado is pushing for 2012.   

I have never seen any "official" anywhere give a real reason as to why alcohol & tobacco are legal and Cannabis isn't, and well I don't think we ever will.

I found this interesting link http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/drug-czar-required/ 

Essentially showing that it is part of the Drug Czar's job to be full of crap. Here is a bit of it:

Quote:

Most people know that the “drug czar” — the director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) — is an advocate for the government position regarding the drug war. But not everyone knows that he and his office are mandated to tell lies as part of their Congressional authorization.

According to Title VII Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 1998: H11225:

Responsibilities. –The Director– [...]

(12) shall ensure that no Federal funds appropriated to the Office of National Drug Control Policy shall be expended for any study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that–

1. is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and
      2. has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;

Now, let’s take as a simple example, the issue of medical marijuana. If the government finds that marijuana Has “currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States” or “accepted safety for use of the drug under medical supervision,” then by law, marijuana cannot remain in Schedule 1 of the Controlled Substances Act, which would immediately legalize it for medical purposes.

But by law, the drug czar must oppose any attempt to legalize the use (in any form).

OfflineRazzlesnaps
AgrainOf Infinity in theUniverse
Male

Loc: Killerfornia Flag
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: jvosh2]
    #12541598 - 05/11/10 05:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i heard about this being on the ballot how many votes or percentage does it take to legalize it? and if they do i heard that the rest of the country would go to the same way or is it just california?

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: Razzlesnaps]
    #12541717 - 05/11/10 06:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

jus kali homeslice McNice :happyweed:

--------------------

InvisibleSimplepowa
In Pursuit of Knowledge

Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: Coaster]
    #12541822 - 05/11/10 07:38 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow pretty funny.

Thanks for showing us

:lol:

--------------------
Carl Sagan - "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."

---

Robert Pirsig - "When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

---

Brian Cox - "[One] problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense."

Invisiblecaphillkid
Coquus Boleti

Loc: Jet City
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: Razzlesnaps] * 1
    #12542854 - 05/11/10 12:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Nobody in California is listening to this dinosaur anymore.  They are going to legalize it, and Barry can go cry about it.

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: caphillkid]
    #12544181 - 05/11/10 04:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This guy is a fucking moron.  This point right here alone says "I condone legalizing marijuana".  Yes, because it's illegal, it all belongs to the cartel.  That is one of the reasons to legalize, not to keep it illegal :facepalm:.  This guy is a giant fucking moron.  Why does he care what other people put in their bodies?

* There are more marijuana dispensaries in San Francisco than Starbucks coffee shops. Marijuana legalization will soon be a reality unless concerned Californians act now.

How is the number of marijuana dispensaries in a random city relevant to it's legality :huxleyfacepalm:

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #12572120 - 05/16/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

42.6% of twelfth graders reported lifetime use.

I wonder what lifetime use means. that stat seems a bit weird.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: snoot]
    #12572456 - 05/16/10 11:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I doubt many 12-year-olds could get away with "lifetime use"

since when? The beginning of the kid's memory? LOL.

Lifetime use usually starts at 12+

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineTryptamineDream
Stranger
Female
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: blujay]
    #12573279 - 05/16/10 01:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"Lifetime use" means having used marijuana at least once throughout their lifetime so far, I believe. (In other words you could phrase it like "42.6% of twelfth graders reported using marijuana at least once.") Someone more knowledgable correct me if I'm wrong, though.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: jvosh2]
    #12573572 - 05/16/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

* (a)While 90% of Americans did not use marijuana last year, (b)marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug.

(a) prolly false.. (b) true...

Quote:

a specious statistic at best...

Quote:

definitely false...the gateway drug argument has been universally rejected...

Quote:

* (a)Detrimental health effects include respiratory illnesses, problems with learning and memory, increased heart rate, and impaired coordination.  (b)Chronic marijuana use is associated with anxiety, depression, suicidal ideas, and schizophrenia.

(a) true.. (b) false...

Quote:

false...marijuana smoke might not exactly be healthy for the lungs..but theres NFW its as dangerous or more dangerous than tobacco...

Quote:

:rotfl: puh-leeze...

Quote:

false...most such cases involved conspiracy charges..meaning that (for example) they were simply seen riding in the same car as a drug trafficker.. or some other very flimsy association...very rarely if ever is the "conspiracy" substantial enough to call it that...

Quote:

* (a)Most of the marijuana produced in Mexico is destined for U.S. drug markets.  (b)In addition, California's illegal marijuana fields are controlled by employees of or people working with Mexican drug trafficking organizations carrying high-powered assault weapons.

(a) true.. however..thats simply another reason to legalize marijuana...(b) largely false...

Quote:

false...there may be some merit to educating kids about the effects and risks of drug use.. but the line where it becomes lies and propaganda is simply too fuzzy...

Quote:

false...again..smoke isnt the best thing for the lungs..but that doesnt outweigh the other medical benefits of marijuana...all that costly garbage that big pharma keeps pushing on us has much more harmful side effects relative their benefits than marijuana...

Quote:

true..if by "modern" you mean that big pharma doesnt own a shiny new patent on it and cant rake in an obscene profit off of it.. but thats also true of many "legitimate" medications too...

Quote:

* Medical pot has been a stalking horse for the normalization of marijuana use.  Law enforcement agencies routinely report that large-scale drug traffickers hide behind and invoke Proposition 215 even when there is no evidence for a medical claim.

false...traffickers that are stupid enough to try that get thrown in jail faster than you can fart...

Quote:

false...marinol has failed miserably in providing the same medical benefits as the real thing...

Quote:

true...

Quote:

* (a)There are more marijuana dispensaries in San Francisco than Starbucks coffee shops. (b)Marijuana legalization will soon be a reality unless concerned Californians act now.  (c)Drugs are not harmful because they are illegal -- they are illegal because they are harmful.

(a)false...(b)false...(c)absolutely false...

based on that analysis.. i would have to conclude that mccaffery is for the most part a lying sack of shit...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinelucydforme
Lord Of The Socks
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as California [Re: jvosh2]
    #12573980 - 05/16/10 03:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jvosh2 said:
Quote:

Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as California Prepares to Vote

I lolled at this one, considering marijuana is a hydrocarbon chain hence the name tetrahydrocannabinol. Tobacco tends to not have more of this, oh wait, that's right, they don't just put tobacco in cigarettes, must've forgot about those 297 other chemicals entering the lungs LOL.

Quote:

I got picked up for hitchhiking with shit on me, was stupid and ignorant, but last i checked that isn't trafficking.

Quote:

Wrong, after i ran track I'd come home and smoke a doobie or bowl packing, I'm also a current member of 2 charitable organizations that do community work.

Quote:

Ok, so lets start shooting up THC, oh wait, i hate needles so fuck that. Smoke isn't the only way, edibles, vaporizer, smoke, shooting it (dunno why anyone would do it).

Quote:

The lucydforme Institute of Tomfoolery also believes that this guy is a dumb shit.

Quote:

So, lets put the pharmaceutical industry in control of something else for more money, i believe there was a saying "More money more problems" and they're demonstrating how big of a problem they are.

--------------------
Funny story, this whole "world" that we know everything about, well, that's all good and well, but we know nothing about the rest of that vast everything we call the universe.

Everything I say is heresay. All fiction for a fictional character.
Rule yourself, let no one else rule you. Down with government, and up with responsibility.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: TryptamineDream]
    #12575439 - 05/16/10 08:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

skalthren said:
"Lifetime use" means having used marijuana at least once throughout their lifetime so far, I believe. (In other words you could phrase it like "42.6% of twelfth graders reported using marijuana at least once.") Someone more knowledgable correct me if I'm wrong, though.

haha yeah, that sounds about right, how fucked up is that. Its so gay they can fuck with words and make things sound just the way they want to, but if advocates do such things they get burned for being stupid stoners.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleAnastomosisJihad
Hominid
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: snoot]
    #12575840 - 05/16/10 09:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Exactly! The current prohibition gives us Mexicans with machine guns growing marijuana in US national forests. Normalization would take the crime out of the cannabis trade.

* Drug Prevention is a must in schools, athletic programs, religion, pediatric offices, and extra-curricular activities.

Religion? Many religions incorporate drug rituals, including Christianity with their sacred alcohol. WTF is this guy thinking?

Schools? Half the kids in school are tweaked out on Aderal to treat some made up mental disorder. The real mental disorder is in our collective consciousness. This guy does not make any damn sense, and neither does the the failed prohibition policy he advocates.

We tried it your way Barry, for forty years. It did not work. Time for a fresh approach.

--------------------
come together

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Former White House Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey Lays Out Case Against Legalizing Marijuana as Californi [Re: AnastomosisJihad]
    #12575929 - 05/16/10 10:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AnastomosisJihad said:
We tried it your way Barry, for forty years. It did not work. Time for a fresh approach.

:thumbup:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck