Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
1 Question and 1 Idea that works real well
    #1256420 - 01/28/03 06:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

First off ive used brf verm cakes of acadian coast and gulf coast in my first attempt on casing because i couldnt get 2 of those cakes out of my 8. I set 2 inches ofwet verm in a 6 inch by 6 inch ice bucket from a hotel. then crumbled 1 of the type of cakes on 1 side and the other type on the other side half half. I then poured some water on top of all the mycelium. Then I just sprinkled some verm then sprinkled some peat moss till it was about a inch to a inch and a half over top of it and poured some more water on it evenly. **I tryed sterilizing in the microwave but the shit kept exploding so i just dumped what verm and moss was in the microwave on the crumbled cakes** I had the temps around 68 and had aluminum foil on it and the humidity on 100. After 5 days i removed the foil so they could get some air. They were in the Terrium and it just had a few small white patches hardly any. after 10 more days there was some contams on some other projects in the terrium so i just got mad at them and put them in my room and threw clothes on the terrium it was a average of 58 in there somehow for 5 days and i looked and this casing had no contams but yet pins. So i threw all the bad stuff out sterilized the walls of it and the air in the room got the heat going to 75 like it should be added light 8 hours a day and 1 pin of the left side of Acadian coast took off so fast 3 inches in 2 days and theres 3 more big ones on that side and about 35 pins on the other side doubling in size every day. MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN THERE BE PINS EVERYWHERE AND NO SIGNS OF ABHORTS YET THE MYCELIUM HASNT EVEN TOOKEN OVER 10 percent of the surface area???? ive always heard after it totally establishes itself then you add light but mine just wasnt doing anything so i added light the 6th day. COULD I HAVE GOTTEN MORE PINS BY WAITING?? WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT TIME??? and my new idea is I put a very very small slow cooker crock pot thing for 10 dollars in my terrium with water at day time and it spreads about 80 degree humidity threw the air all the water in the crock pot drys out at night and the next morning i add more. The walls are soaked and the shrooms have really been thriving off all this moisture and i heard thats to much moisture or humidity but i think they do better like that instead of 90 percent humidity for pinning. plus it keeps the temp up (sorry about lenght)

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: 1 Question and 1 Idea that works real well [Re: PooGrower]
    #1256482 - 01/28/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think the source of your contams is when you poured water onto the mycelium. Way too wet.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation