Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAliceHatter
Stranger

Shrooms and Anorexia
    #12561424 - 05/14/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So I have a very close friend who has just recently gotten out of inpatient therapy for anorexia. She's doing a lot better, but still kind of dealing with some stuff, you know...it's never a 100% thing. Anyhow, the other day we were talking, and she mentioned that she wanted to trip next weekend for the first time. I'm kind of hesitant. As much as I'm willing to tripsit for her, I don't know if it's irresponsible of me to let her go ahead and do it, given what she's just been through.

What do you guys think? Obviously since it's her first time, it should be a low dose (maybe like only 1g since she's so tiny), but do you think this could potentially mess her up? I know there's like the whole debate on therapeutic use of shrooms, but I obviously don't want to "experiment" with my friend's mental health. Any advice from either experienced trippers or people who have had friends trip after getting treatment for mental illness is definitely appreciated.

Sorry for the heavy topic, but I didn't really know who else to turn to for advice on this.

EDIT: Probably an important thing to point out -- but she's not currently on any psych meds, so shouldn't be any adverse interactions.

Edited by AliceHatter (05/14/10 11:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledondija
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and Anorexia [Re: AliceHatter]
    #12561471 - 05/14/10 11:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yea that's a tough spot to be in. Personally, if it were my friend I would tell her to wait for a while. I've struggled with depression/anxiety and shrooms can bring me to some very dark places when I'm in a depressed state. I can remember trips just holding my head in my hands and feeling like I'm losing my mind (was on anti-depressants at the time). Not very pleasant at all.

That's just me though. I guess that a gram or two could be alright too.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #12561472 - 05/14/10 11:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That's a tough call, but I can speak from personal experience that shrooms saved my life from more then a decade of self-abuse.  In fact the first few times I took shrooms, I was in a very bad physical and mental place, with a lot of wounds, inside and out.  My first mushroom trips were not easy, but they definitely assisted me in changing my thought patterns, which in turn allowed me to shift my behavior and begin to truly heal myself. 

I do not exaggerate when I say that without me using shrooms, I would be dead.  I had a lot of mental illness and I was the type of person that people would assume should never take a psychedelic.  Yet it was like my shroom experiences totally helped to recreate me and now I am healthy, happy and thriving in life, putting self-abuse behind me. 

Shrooms are like CPR for the soul. I don't know if they are the right medicine for your friend, but I do know that they have the ability to take a desperate, sad situation and completely rewrite the script. 

Please keep us updated on how it goes.

Offlinebroke open head
Shroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: washington
Re: Shrooms and Anorexia [Re: MOTH]
    #12562675 - 05/14/10 03:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think as long as she takes a small first does she should be fine.

--------------------

OfflineAliceHatter
Stranger

Re: Shrooms and Anorexia [Re: broke open head]
    #12562743 - 05/14/10 03:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Cool, thanks for the advice all. I sort of had the same thought ... I think that tripping can definitely help you work through some stuff (I know it has helped me), and I guess a low-dose should minimize the possibility of a bad trip or something too heavy. She has read a bit about them so I know that she's aware of the potential downsides...I'd just feel a little irresponsible being like "Yeah, no problem at all, you'll be fine" and then her hating it or having something go wrong.

Should be good though...good set and setting, and good specimens. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Offlinebroke open head
Shroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: washington
    #12562765 - 05/14/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i'd like to know if it helps her. I've seen it help different people in different ways. mushrooms really are amazing!

--------------------

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Shrooms and Anorexia [Re: broke open head]
    #12563037 - 05/14/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Every psychedelic has the potential to mess somebody up in the head, even without preexisting illnesses.

Personally man, if she JUST got out of a rehab for something like, than I say it is a definite no go.

I am glad you are asking here though, it shows that you do really care.

I would say it would be ok if she got the psychs on her OWN. It would be ok for you to trip sit her because you have knowledge on psychs.

But if it is YOU providing her with the psychedelic connections, then that is a different story.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies