Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefoxracinfan567
Fo-SHO!

First Grow! GT on rye flour! With PICS!!
    #4774186 - 10/08/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Ok i innoc. 12 half pint jasr last wed. This is my first grow and im nervous. i used verm, rye flour, honey, and water. i innoc and this is what i have so far! i have only lost 1 jar to contams!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! I's only been 2 days.

i will have more pics in about 5-7 days!!! Wish me luck. By the way im using a tote for a terr. setup. im using Sea of Shrooms Cake Guide :grin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reged: 07/30/05
  Re: First Time Grow W/pics!!! [Re: foxracinfan567]
      #4660746 - 09/14/05 03:14 PM  Edit    Reply    Quote    Quick Reply   

Sept. 15. 2005

Ok well I looked at my jars and another one is contaminated!!
So I put it in a shoebox in complete darkness. The tek i used said that with most black and green mold need light to live  i dont completely belive it so im just gonna try it! The jar that is contamed with cobweb, well i think it is is still fighting to live it even grew new spots! So wellI hope i dont lose to many, it is my first grow so im not expecting much but until tommarrow. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok well all the jars are doing well. I'm not sure if the jar I thought
had cob web has cob web. If it does then my myc is either very strong or the cobweb is weak because the myc is still growing strong! I'm ptobally not going to birth it just in case. I'm also sad to anounce I have lost a jar to green mold.Today i looked and the green mold has grown into full view  :frown:. God this stuff grows pretty fast. Pretty fast considering they are in my closet where i stays about 75 degrees!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

-------------------------------------
9-17

ok well my myc is growing fine i haven't spotted any more contams
(2 so far) I will post more pics on Sunday when I get back this weekend! Well I hope all goes well until then!!

9-20

Well i lost one jar to contams so i put it outside. i still have the one with a cobweb inside. I thought I saw green mold on another one of my jars but I didn't see it today. So I've lost 2 jars to contams so far. But other than that the myc is really taking on. Some jars will be completely colonized in about 5 days. I will have pics soon.

9-22

The jars are doing great. i hope only about 1 week for all of them. 1 or 2 may be done before then. I only have one pic for now. All the jars have about the same sized spots on the other side of the side in the pic. I can't wait to eat some of them mushies! MMMMMMMM! :crazy:

9-22

The jars are doing great! Some of the jars have myc thats starting to meet from both sides. YES!! I'm getting really excited! I dont have much more news. I'm going to be getting a new 18 gallon toe pretty soon to start gettting my setup ready for the growing cakse.

9-27

To day i went and bought a 18 gallon tote, rubber gloves, peroxcide (3%), hygrometer.
peat moss, and Miracle grow for my poppies. I decided to go ahead and case 2 of my jars, one was starting to get contamed. I cut away the contam and some and i cased it in one of my origonal containers i was going to grow in. You'll see pics below. So now i'm waithing for that to start growing again. I'm also waiting for the other jars to finish. I'd give them 5 days and they are done colonizing and 2 or 3 days to strengthen. I'll then case them in my 18 gallon tote hooked up to a cool mist humidifer and I'l mist the every once and a while. There will be a 2" hole filled with polly fill for gas exchange.

the pic isn't great but the myc is nice and thick and strong.

I can't wait to birth the other ones and i can't wait to have some poppy tea from my poppies i just started!!

_________________________________________--

9-28

ok so I changed my setup from yesterday and this is waht it looks like!

I am haveing problems with my hygrometers i have a few and they all read wrong. but ohh well. i have condensation on the walls and i'm keeping the top layer moist. i've seen a few spots where the myc is starting to come through already so i covered them with more peat/verm. i need to get more perlite and vermiculite. I will probally birth the other cakes on Sunday. They are doing great and only have alittle ways left. I hope to get and utlra sonic by then to humidify while they are regrowing in their casing layers. i can't use perilite in my other setup becaue i use all the room in the contanor. Well more up dates soon!! Wish Me luck!!

10-1
The jars are doing great. 2 jars are done colinzing and now they need a few days to strengthen until i birth them. That will give the others time to catch up. I will be birthing the 8 jars on Wednesday. my other casing is doing well. My poppie seeds are starting to sport and are growing well also!

10-2

Well i couldn't resist! I know I should have waited but I birthed my cake that was 100% colonized. i should have waited but i couldn't! LOL I should have given it like 3-4 more days but ohhh well! I put it in a poor man's terranium. (pop bottle) i will only have one thats in just a cake the others are going to be cased. I am going to get a fish tank pump and an air stone to put in there so I don't have to fan it. It will also help with the humidty a bit to so... I need to get more H2O2 I've already used a whole bottle so thats on my list. I'm also getting more vermiculite and perlite. I only have about 1/2 a bag left of vermiculite and no perlite so that's also on my list! I can't wait until wednesday or thursaday! Wish me luck!!

Well I went and got more vermiculite and perlite I also got a big bottle of H2O2. My casing isn't any where near being completely colonized but I have a 3 pins! I got some responces in the growing forum and I'm not worried about it. I looked at my poor man's terr. and my cake has some NICE rizo grow. So I'm expecting pins anytime soon!! :smile:

I have decided not to case my remaining jars. I looked and they have pins starting on all but one. Even the one that has just a little circle of cake not fully colonized is starting to pin very nicely. i'm going to use my rubbermaid contaoner and birth all of them except for the one thats not fully colonized. My casing is doing well. I have 8 pins and more on the way. My cake in my poor mans terr. is doing fine and i think I will see definant pins tommarrow. I'll post pics of my pins when they get larger. My camera isn't that good.

10-8

i counted and now I have 31 pins and more are on their way! YAY!! I took some pics. They're not all that good but you can get the point! LOL! I have one pin that formed after the first ones and is about 1cm across. IDK if that is big for a pin but i thought so it is in the second pic! i will have some pics of my cakes once the get a good pin set going! I can already taste them shrooms!!

Edited by foxracinfan567 (10/08/05 09:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNychthemeronster
Shroomery Addict
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
Re: First Grow! GT on rye flour! With PICS!! [Re: foxracinfan567]
    #4774361 - 10/08/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Way to grow man. Congrats.

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
The lost art of liberty

Offlinefreakachino
Fungus Freak

Re: First Grow! GT on rye flour! With PICS!! [Re: Nychthemeronster]
    #4774402 - 10/08/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Looks great! Nice detail in the log too! Great feast soon :laugh:

--------------------
This message not signed

Offlinefoxracinfan567
Fo-SHO!

Re: First Grow! GT on rye flour! With PICS!! [Re: freakachino]
    #4774456 - 10/08/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, sorry i had 2 of the same pics i left one out there you go!

Offlineastralpiper
Stranger
    #4774553 - 10/08/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yep, the GT strain is the fastest to germinate for my friend so far. After two days, visible growth. The B+ takes a lot longer. :smile:

Nice grow!

Offlinefoxracinfan567
Fo-SHO!

Re: First Grow! GT on rye flour! With PICS!! [Re: astralpiper]
    #4774708 - 10/08/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks! I've heard that Amozonian is REALLY fast! I'm going to be doing like 2 grows this winter. I need something to do. I'm going to start getting an incubator together. I've found it hard to find Amozonian I've found 2 shroomery sponsors that have it. i also want to try ecudorian or something else. I'm not really sure yet!

OfflineA Myco Journey
Mr. Myco

Loc: Land Of The Faerie Throne
    #12558373 - 05/13/10 09:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Im gonna bring this back to life

so hows your grow doing now??? its been 1677days since your last post so im wandering how its doing

OfflineCoreyRubble
Just Getting Started
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right now???? streets :(
Re: First Grow! GT on rye flour! With PICS!! [Re: A Myco Journey]
    #12558395 - 05/13/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Why would you bring this back... that was completely pointless

He hasn't even been on the site in over a year!

:awepuss:

edit: SO YOU JUST DID THIS TO ANNOY PEOPLE?

--------------------
fuck it im too high
tryin to find loopholes and shit...
ill report back when my house is a mushroom

-just me-

Edited by CoreyRubble (05/13/10 09:28 PM)

OfflineA Myco Journey
Mr. Myco

Loc: Land Of The Faerie Throne
Re: First Grow! GT on rye flour! With PICS!! [Re: CoreyRubble]
    #12559565 - 05/14/10 12:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

no why would i do anything just to annoy ppl was just curious if he would come back under a diff name or something ... i mean for his first grow it looked  like he was doing quite well

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom