Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMkUltra25
Takin' it furthur
Male User Gallery

Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: Iamheasyouarehe]
    #12551310 - 05/12/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Iamheasyouarehe said:
Quote:

xanthar said:
Idiot...:thumbdown:.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss

Nice

--------------------
:dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear:

"We're just like mushrooms man...they feed us shit and keep us in the dark."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIamheasyouarehe
Tending to a Garden of Love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side of the Moon Flag
Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: MkUltra25]
    #12551318 - 05/12/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MkUltra25 said:
Quote:

Iamheasyouarehe said:
Quote:

xanthar said:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Nice

Thanks

--------------------
¡Dolphin Power!

Offlinelifeinallday
OVA<

Loc: fucked in time
    #12551386 - 05/12/10 07:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Iamheasyouarehe said:

Any effect?

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

Invisibledondija
Male User Gallery

#12551836 - 05/12/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Iamheasyouarehe said:
Quote:

MkUltra25 said:
Quote:

Iamheasyouarehe said:
Quote:

xanthar said:

Nice

Thanks

Haha, yea I think that Dr. Seuss quote comes in handy for smug pricks like xanthar.

It's been about 4 hrs and I have noticed some effect. Kinda like the very onset of boomers. A slight tinge of pink/green/blue on surfaces and shit like that. Just feels good overall. For what it's worth I did smoke a ton too though.

OfflineIamheasyouarehe
Tending to a Garden of Love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side of the Moon Flag
Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: dondija]
    #12551962 - 05/12/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dondija said:

Haha, yea I think that Dr. Seuss quote comes in handy for smug pricks like xanthar.

It's been about 4 hrs and I have noticed some effect. Kinda like the very onset of boomers. A slight tinge of pink/green/blue on surfaces and shit like that. Just feels good overall. For what it's worth I did smoke a ton too though.

Whatever works for your brother! :thumbup:
It is awesome for xanthar because that quote is his signature!
I wouldn't call him a smug jerk though... I don't even know him... just had to point of that hypocryisy

--------------------
¡Dolphin Power!

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

#12552424 - 05/12/10 10:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dondija said:
Awww now you're making me feel all guilty...and too late I scarfed the whole thing.

You are right though, I'm going to get more sclerotia soon so I'll get another button to grow. I really shouldn't disrespect a plant that is so rare and grows basically in one region only.

I dunno why but reading that made me sad. I try to justify my feelings, at first I thought it might of been jealousy, but I think that it should of been given a chance to grow and bond with you for a better experience. But you did what you did, and there's no changing that. I don't think i'd ever be able to bring myself to eat peyote if I had only one, something like that deserves more respect, especially for as rare and valuable (sentimental) it would be for me. Having a piece of history would be amazing. I hope you had a good time regardless :sun:

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #12552556 - 05/12/10 11:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

what a waste of $40 and a rare cactus... I second the idiot comment....

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space
I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

Offlinefallenlsd
electricapricot
Male

Loc: missouri
Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: luckytriple6]
    #12552869 - 05/13/10 12:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

it's a waste because he didn't trip?

personally i don't think eating something and not tripping from it when you could trip from it is a waste.. i mean that 40$ could've gotten him high in multiple years or he could've eaten it tonight to see what it would be like and turns out he didn't have a bad time.. he just didn't trip..

i think if you enjoyed your night then it wasn't a waste at all; unless you had bills to pay and spent the money on peyote instead lol

if mescaline is truly a deep soul medicine as i so often hear it then none of it is a waste.. of course peyote is a rare cactus and it would've been smarter to eat something else; but he ate it so why call him an idiot?

putting negativity out there for no reason

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroomgrow: :mushroom2:

Offlinetwiztidthoughts
Stranger

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: fallenlsd]
    #12553112 - 05/13/10 01:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fallenlsd said:
it's a waste because he didn't trip?

personally i don't think eating something and not tripping from it when you could trip from it is a waste.. i mean that 40$ could've gotten him high in multiple years or he could've eaten it tonight to see what it would be like and turns out he didn't have a bad time.. he just didn't trip..

i think if you enjoyed your night then it wasn't a waste at all; unless you had bills to pay and spent the money on peyote instead lol

if mescaline is truly a deep soul medicine as i so often hear it then none of it is a waste.. of course peyote is a rare cactus and it would've been smarter to eat something else; but he ate it so why call him an idiot?

putting negativity out there for no reason

Its not about the fact that he didnt feel much, and we're not talking about keeping it to let the potency increase.

I speak for everyone when I say it would have been alot more appreciated being alive and cared for by one of us in a caring home. :thumbup:

Offlinefallenlsd
electricapricot
Male

Loc: missouri
Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: twiztidthoughts]
    #12553553 - 05/13/10 03:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

dude what ?

you can never speak for everyone and just because the dude ate the cactus means he didn't appreciate it ?

or is it because he didn't trip that he didn't appreciate it?

seems to me like he enjoyed the experience; even though it was a small one, and he is now going to buy more cactus in addition to the cactus he's already growing

so let's see, he ate this cactus and decided to get more to grow more to be appreciated more

sounds good to me

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroomgrow: :mushroom2:

Invisibledondija
Male User Gallery

Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: fallenlsd]
    #12553931 - 05/13/10 07:15 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry I ever posted on here. The "plant" wouldn't appreciate anything- IT'S A FUCKING PLANT! I mean I think people revere peyote a little too much. I realize tons of people view it as a sacrament and that's great for them, but seriously people need to chill the fuck out. It is something I bought most likely from a growhouse filled with the fucking things. It did more or less what I expected, a very faint feeling, and that's fine for me. Next time I'll make sure to fucking pray to the thing and then dance around it in a tunic with Ravi fuckign Shankar playing.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #12554009 - 05/13/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

people are so caught up in 'tripping', the mescaline, castaneda stories ect they forget to realize that the peyote is not like that.

This Pejuta wakan is a medicine. I don't care if you eat one, two or none, it is never a waste. That is what creator put it here for. In some way, the OP has gained a benefit that may not be visible to us or to him right away, but i assure you that medicine came to him for a reason. Lets not judge others because we don't know what they are going through, this could be what he really needed. Effects that you might tought as insignificant or a "waste of a trip" are really the msot beautiful subtle things that a lot of you don't have the capacity to comprehend.

When i eat one, two, or however many i can feel the spirit of this medicine. It is a holy thing. Treat it with respect.

Quote:

IT'S A FUCKING PLANT! I mean I think people revere peyote a little too much

Whats Ironic is that i probably revere it more than most people yet i did not judge you for eating it. Simply because, it is your relationship with this medicine at this point.

It is a plant! but it is also something more than that. It is a spiritual force. It is a catalyst for my own evolution into becoming a person that is impeccable in thought, speech, and action.

If you knew what this medicine has brought into my life, into the lives of my realatives you would see why we revere it as holy. If you could see some of the things i see in the morning in the teepee, when that water comes around.... You would see why peyote is everything to me.

--------------------

OfflineMkUltra25
Takin' it furthur
Male User Gallery

#12554300 - 05/13/10 09:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dondija said:
It is something I bought most likely from a growhouse filled with the fucking things.

Next time I'll make sure to fucking pray to the thing and then dance around it in a tunic with Ravi fuckign Shankar playing.

Lol that's GREAT! No making fun of you man! This made me :rofl:

Believe me man, I hold cacti (not just peyote) and for that matter all plants and animals in the same regard I would another human being. Peyote is not more important or more special than Pedro or Torch just because its endangered. We're all LIVING beings on the same damn planet. Its only common sense to treat all living things with the respect you would expect for yourself.
We all know that there is not a 'spirit' (like a ghost)living in the cactus. It is indeed a 'teacher' but not in the traditional sense of the word.
These are just ways of putting it. They're metaphors. I appreciate them, but I believe that some people take them a little too seriously.
Do what you want to do man. Don't worry about what people on here say.

--------------------
:dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear:

Offlinegabbaganchi
version 4.3
Male

Loc: Great Plains Flag
    #12554314 - 05/13/10 09:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My only qaulm is that it is an endangered species... but if it DID come from a growhouse and not the Southwest, then probably no harm/ no foul. I'd probably just grow it for the prestige lol

--------------------
:sanpedro: :peyote: :tripmolecule:

OfflineMkUltra25
Takin' it furthur
Male User Gallery

Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: gabbaganchi]
    #12554338 - 05/13/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

True buts its not one person eating one or two thats the problem even if it did come from the southwest. Its the people that go out there and find patches and rip them all up just for monetary gain or just to trip

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #12554421 - 05/13/10 10:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

We all know that there is not a 'spirit' (like a ghost)living in the cactus. It is indeed a 'teacher' but not in the traditional sense of the word.
These are just ways of putting it. They're metaphors.

not necessarily. For a lakota, a huichole, a tarahumara, for someone born into peyote culture the idea of it being a conscious being or a spirit is not a metaphor. This is just the way that you have come to interpret it, but we cannot always assume that others are somehow deluded because their perspective is different.

--------------------

OfflineMkUltra25
Takin' it furthur
Male User Gallery

Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #12554489 - 05/13/10 10:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

These are just ways of putting it. They're metaphors.

not necessarily. For a lakota, a huichole, a tarahumara, for someone born into peyote culture the idea of it being a conscious being or a spirit is not a metaphor. This is just the way that you have come to interpret it, but we cannot always assume that others are somehow deluded because their perspective is different.

Of course it is all perspective/cultural background/ conditioning. I had no idea I was coming across that way, but I could've worded it a bit differently I suppose.

Of course it has a spirit in the sense that we all do. I have a spirit, a dog has a spirit, a mushroom or a tree has a spirit. All living things have spirits, even though there is no way to prove it empirically.

What I'm saying is that a ghost is not going to rise up out of the damn cactus and school you on your shit. Its not like a genie in a bottle which is the way it seems alot of people take it.

--------------------

OfflineFeAraNdl0aThInG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #12554530 - 05/13/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:

It is a plant! But it is also something more than that. It is a spiritual force. It is a catalyst for my own evolution into becoming a person that is impeccable in thought, speech, and action.

I have nothing more to say other than the fact that I thought that comment was, for the want of a better word, delightful. With your permission, I'd probably like to include that in my signature at some stage.

--------------------
Cringeworthy username. Ah, youth :rofldrunk:

Invisibledondija
Male User Gallery

Re: would this one peyote button do anything? [Re: FeAraNdl0aThInG]
    #12554630 - 05/13/10 10:52 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So just to clarify I really meant no disrespect by eating the button. I do appreciate the fact that there are many who feel a spiritual connection with the cactus and deeply value what it teaches.

That said it's not like I went into the desert with a knife and a trashbag to ravage and desecrate wild peyote. Mine was bought online from the Netherlands, and with them advertising all different sizes of young cacti, I'm sure it's a growroom.

I just wish people wouldn't project their own beliefs and convictions onto others, especially for something fairl insignificant.

OfflineMkUltra25
Takin' it furthur
Male User Gallery

#12554705 - 05/13/10 11:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well all spirituality aside, an endangered species is an endangered species and that is where everybody's concern was. At least mine.
That has nothing to do with beliefs and convictions, it has to do with the fact that an entire species is dissapearing entirely due to man.

Thats why most of us buy Torch or Pedro. And most of us who do have peyote cultivate and harvest when its time to harvest while still keeping the plant alive. You don't eat fruit before its ripe do you? Or smoke bud before its mature?

I'm not bitching at you or disrespecting you at all man, thems just the facts. Has nothing to do with beliefs and convictions.

All that aside man its cool that you got a positive experience out of it and I hope that if you do acquire more you wait for it to mature and I assure you it will be much better of an experience.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals