Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour
    #1255234 - 01/28/03 11:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour

or

SP&S: A Medium for Change?

Before I begin, I would just like to make it clear that I, the Landotter, love this forum.  It?s a place where (I believe) the cream of this site naturally rises to and where the mental/spiritual benefits of the psilocin experience crystallize and take coherent form.  The mushroom is, for the most part, respected here.  There is passion here.  And solid logic, even when discussing the most bizarre things.  There is an atmosphere of questing that is to be admired.  Diverse minds and viewpoints are represented, from students and doctors to magicians and seekers and musicians and yes, even fry cooks!  Important thoughts and ideas are formulated here.  Quite possibly, lives are changed, given new direction, maybe even saved.  Who knows?  All I know is that this is powerful stuff.

My only complaint with the forum is this.  Repetition.  Constant, wearisome recycling.

Over and over the same themes and questions get brought up, hashed over, shot down, turned to paste...and then forgotten.  Until of course someone, usually someone new to SP&S, asks the question again.

And the Wheel goes round.

I fear that this is the forum where a lot gets said but nothing gets done.  We are fortunate individuals indeed in that we have relatively free access to these sacred plants and absolutely free access to these diamond minds.  What are we DOING with this freedom?

For myself, I have always lived by the maxim YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO WHEN IT COUNTS.  Well, this is the stuff that counts, on this forum!  This is what matters!  These are the tools you need to tune-up your after-death vehicle and make it purr!

My question to the readers here is: are you taking this spirit out into the world?  I don?t mean preaching it.  Are you sharing who you are and the blazing contents of your mind with others who are perhaps not so similarly inclined?  Or is the Shroomery and the SP&S forum a private space, a little respite from the world where you can relax?  Fine and good.  But don?t let it turn into an idle arena for fantasy.

Questions are routinely, repetitively asked here.  People are interested in quantum physics, magic, psychology, shamanism, religion.  It?s not enough to just ask the questions though and get some quick answer tossed off on the fly by someone who, by the very fact that THEY ARE NOT YOU, does not have YOUR answer.  Questions aren?t for dreaming or wondering about.  Questions are for answering.  And only you can answer them adequately.

When I set out upon my path several years ago, my teacher at the time gave me only one rule:  READ.  THEN DO.  It?s that simple.  Anything else is just masturbation.

Not that there?s anything wrong with masturbation.

But it?s no substitute for the real thing.

:wink:

I?ll leave you with a quote from that prince of ontological terrorism, Hakim Bey...

?The Universe wants to play.  Those that refuse out of dry spiritual greed and choose pure contemplation forfeit their humanity.  Those who refuse out of dull anguish, those who hesitate, lose their chance at divinity.  Those who mold themselves blind masks of Ideas and thrash around seeking some proof of their own solidity end by seeing out of dead mens eyes.?

To this I would add ?Those that believe that wisdom, however unique, is to be found exclusively on the Internet, leave their awareness to rot in an electric box.?

Open up to the world, with all its terror and mystery, ecstasy, power and peace that is beyond all thought. 

A lot of the time it?s NOT just the drugs, people. 

STOP RECYCLING.

PICK A PATH.

WALK IT.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO WHEN IT COUNTS.

peace out!

your pal

the Landotter 

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: the_Landotter]
    #1255313 - 01/28/03 11:51 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Open up to the world

Is the world opened ? How can you give if the receiving part doesn't want to get anything from you ? In fact we are the counter culture living inside ours small digital boxes heart, expressed through an electronic mix of psylocibin combustion and free thinking and coming down somewhere near Thors pants.
SP&S is one of my favorites forums, repetition might be somewhat nasty if you have good memory but this pothead likes to be remembered, besides it gives the oportunity for newbies and not so regulars to know our personal view at that moment and discuss their own.
I just don't believe there are two exactly equal threads. Anyway, we learn each day and sometimes we change, at the end we're just updating and reflecting our thoughts if we have another chance.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: MAIA]
    #1255488 - 01/28/03 12:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Enter, that is my sober opinion as well.

While on psychedelics, I lay there thinking that SOMEHOW, "everybody" COULD BE receptive to this kind of thought and perspective.

SOMEHOW.

HOW? I have no idea :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1255756 - 01/28/03 02:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

PICK A PATH.

WALK IT.

A path, by it's very definition, is a road walked by someone before you. Maybe you were born to be a trailblazer; maybe no path exists; maybe the path leads somewhere you do not want to go.

If you want to get to Upper Yosemite Falls, you do not start in Yellowstone Park.

Discrimination comes in here somewhere.

I don't find these New Age sound bites to be very useful.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (01/28/03 05:40 PM)

Invisiblemr crisper

#1255780 - 01/28/03 02:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

one point about repetition. sometimes we feel time goes in circles, same shit week in week out. as you mention the repetition of subjects here.
better to view the unfolding of time as a spiral, yes the same territory is crossed a few or many times, but each time, you the viewer are different and the knowledge you have will increase slightly or rapidly depending on the amount of thought and contemplation you put into the topic at hand..
the less attention you direct the more compact the spiral, so yes things do seem to be going in circles as the changes are difficult to ascertain. basically its like school, until you learn the lessons required you cannot move on to the next grade. the more you pay attention to your life and circumstances the less you will feel life is circular, the more 'stretched' will be the spiral of time, the better you will perceive the secure foundation of eternal change.
go play with a slinky to visualize this analogy. :grin:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1256063 - 01/28/03 04:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

First off... great post.

Personally, I used to limit my expression of ideas/beliefs to this forum, but gradually I have started discussions with the people around me, but it is certainly not easy because as MAIA said, the world is oftentimes not very receptive to thoughts and beliefs that are different. Something that is different implies danger to the animal instinct, which is unfortunately what rules the masses.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#1256181 - 01/28/03 05:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm the opposite of adamist... i started limiting what i share (in and out of this forum) after being here for so long. Overall this forum has left me feeling ignorant and not worth talking to, so now i tend to just read and keep myself to myself...

Slightly intoxicated and slightly pessimistic,
~Smack

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#1256310 - 01/28/03 05:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleGlowing_Eleven
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, IL
Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: Smack31]
    #1256388 - 01/28/03 06:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Smack
I feel that way too often. I have trouble wording things in a way that most find understandable so I avoid this forum. I have lots to say and no real way to get it out, as I have mentioned before.
I'm obviously not very good at communicating things as it is, when it's something I feel trully strongly about words never seem to do it justice. I get very frustrated

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: Smack31]
    #1256406 - 01/28/03 06:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Great post Landlotter...

Tonight I went to a rally/presentation for the  "Not In Our Name" anti war organization.  The first speaker was stage actor/author Jim Divita who had an entirely excellent speech. 

At one point he said - "...it's time to get up and get out.  Get off the fucking computers, take your body OUT and go DO!"

He also said something to the effect of;

"Our dispair is a lie we've been telling our selves."

I for one, couldn't agree more........
:wink:

Edited by dee_N_ae (01/28/03 06:26 PM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1256516 - 01/28/03 07:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Great post!  :wink:

My question to the readers here is: are you taking this spirit out into the world?

It's hard to be heard if nobody wants to listen. Thats why I'm an artist who doesn't say much.

:grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #1256520 - 01/28/03 07:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

its in my opinion that everything is just a catalyst for our ever delusive actions against our-self.

when i say self, i do not mean the ego. for we all have diverse traits that are well worth their own means in divinity.
i talk about the mirror mind. self reflection in any way possible.

i use to smoke mass amounts of chron on a regular basis, this became like a salem witch hunt in my mind.  pot would make my mind chatter at higher rates to where it would be almost choatic and fractal images. i thought this to be wonderous since i had been smoking since an early age and it seemd to be better off than sobriety.  but it was a diversion of facing myself at all cost.

it is also in my opion, that our minds are not ours. but with the authority we give it and put into it. it has become its own entity which people listen to as their only guide. things like religion, drug abuse, relationships, sceptisism, and any "mind" rituals we play amongst ourself just deviate you from "killing yourself".
  not your actual being, but killing the voice in your head . the one always in the past or in the future, sometimes grasping onto the minds view of "the now" wich is also a henderance, because without the mind its always now.

have you ever had experiences where you think to yourself "im going to die"
like on an overwhelming trip, or anything overwhelming and estatic?
the way it comes to me, that is just your mind speaking out in fear of being "killed" it will do any and everything to keep you from reaching silence because it fears not-being. many a times when ive had this "man i feel like im gonna die!" or "man if i keep letting my mind go ill end up in a crazy house!"  feeling i let go and die... and trancend.

even me, posting here in my opinion.  is a hindrance to stoping my opinions.
:crazy:

i talk about a zen way. and so do many others. but i see people using zen as a means to indulge even more with thier mind and to plan things out in a "greater" sense for purpose.

i have had many enlightening experiences where i was without words for hours on end and it was the most spiritual experiences i could comprehend. me putting them into words would only water them down for my mind to grasp and tear apart though. but through these times it has become easier and easier for me to reach this silent mind, or no mind.  i always die, but am reborn. why? because of my-self im sure.  if i were to think " how am i going to live in society with this no mind, how am i going to..."  then imediatly im reborn because i moved my awareness from the now to the future, and if i was to "fight" or "try" to get this awareness back into silence it would further my minds delight in its self.

i sometimes have moments of silence where my vision is overwhelmed by "cosmic" light and in a sense  my mind can not see,everything is just glowing and i act acordingly to some "desighn" in this state an thats the only way possible. but if i let my mind , it quickly grabs ahold because it struggles to make sense to justify and be at ease (to clarify).

i hope this has made some kind of something within you,
i find often that talking about such things is useless and an act to further my own hinderance by making bridges between two beings, where all forms should be dissolved with no mind.
i read your post and felt this to be shared, maybe it was for you.
or maybe it was for me  :smirk: 

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1257329 - 01/29/03 04:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

At one point he said - "...it's time to get up and get out.  Get off the fucking computers, take your body OUT and go DO!"

THAT is exactly what I'm talking about.  And doing.  My point is, if you're interested in sorcery, don't ask a sorcerer what it's all about.  Do some sorcery and then compare notes with a sorcerer.  Then you're colleagues, instead of teacher/student.

Quote:

"Our dispair is a lie we've been telling our selves."

I hear a lot of "I don't know if I can agree with [given subject] but I dunno,  um, maybe tell me a little of what you know and I might be convinced but probably not.  And I probably won't put it to the test anyway so, like, what's the point?" 

And then there's "despair" or at least a complaint when things are not understood.  Good grief.  This is a recipe for failure straight across the board.

Rebellion and anarchy and terrorism have been relegated to the Internet where it's nice and contained and safe.  And you can still "feel" like you're doing something radical and different.  They are selling you your anarchy in pre-wrapped foil packages!  Your revolution isn't televised; it's downloaded!

(toomuchcoffee:toomuchcoffee:toomuchcoffee)

EarthDroid!  You're interested in magick?  Do a gGoddamn spell!

BLEARGH!

:laugh: 

--------------------

Edited by the_Landotter (01/29/03 04:39 AM)

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: Murex]
    #1257334 - 01/29/03 04:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It's hard to be heard if nobody wants to listen. Thats why I'm an artist who doesn't say much.  :grin: 

No offense please, but you can't be much of an artist then, can you?  Why should it matter if anyone WANTS to listen?  Art is beyond such petty distinction.  You make your art because it has to be made, you say what you say cuz it has to be said.

Otherwise you are compromising.  And masturbating.  And missing the point.  And playing into their hands. 

--------------------

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: MAIA]
    #1257397 - 01/29/03 05:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Is the world opened ?

Yup. Has been for quite a while. Didn't you get the memo, MAIA?

Quote:

How can you give if the receiving part doesn't want to get anything from you ?

So, you want acknowledgement for your "giving"? You want to get something back for your effort? Since when has that been the law? Gifts must be freely given, regardless of the reaction of the recipient. I give you my ideas, I give you my feelings ... take them or leave them. They are there. I've done what I needed to do.

Quote:

In fact we are the counter culture living inside ours small digital boxes heart, expressed through an electronic mix of psylocibin combustion and free thinking and coming down somewhere near Thors pants.

I rest my case. This is NOT a counter-culture, this is an UNDER-THE-COUNTER CULTURE. This is where they want you. This is where you are safely tucked away where you won't bother anyone

FreeThink all you want, as long as it's in the chat room and the bulletin boards.

This is an insular community, whereas it has the potential to be an incubator.

--------------------

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: Swami]
    #1257402 - 01/29/03 05:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

A path, by it's very definition, is a road walked by someone before you. Maybe you were born to be a trailblazer; maybe no path exists; maybe the path leads somewhere you do not want to go.

Sounds like Swami ended up somewhere unpleasant.

Quote:

Discrimination comes in here somewhere.

Discrimination? Or cynicism and fear?

Quote:

I don't find these New Age sound bites to be very useful.

I don't find your labels very useful either.

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1257428 - 01/29/03 05:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well let me just say that I'm glad you're here, LL  :laugh:

I can verify that going out and practicing what you preach is actually more fun than preaching it.

This forum may seem like an ontological carousel made of the same few ideas/topics going around and around again, but I think with each turn we're picking up speed and eventually the whole damn machine will fail and a newer more improved model of carousel will be built.

GaH, I just woke up... hopefully that makes sense.  :grin: 

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1257482 - 01/29/03 06:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

you either give up and find a comfortable place or you keep thinking and fighting

this thread is inspiring

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1257573 - 01/29/03 07:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Yup. Has been for quite a while. 

Well then, it has been faking very well since the beginning.

Quote:

So, you want acknowledgement for your "giving"? You want to get something back for your effort?

No, i don't want anything, i just want to be left alone. People changing for the better is the best acknowledgment someone can give me.

Quote:

Gifts must be freely given, regardless of the reaction of the recipient. I give you my ideas, I give you my feelings ... take them or leave them. They are there. I've done what I needed to do.

What if the recipient wrecks the gift, how would you feel ? Christ, Ghandi, they lost much more than just the gift. What did this world won with them ? Look around, be sincere....
My point is, you get either silenced or they call you crazy. I only talk about some subjects with very specific people, friends with whom i share some feelings, ideas and experiences. I sharp my wisdom with them and they do the same thing with me. I don't feel welcome where i'm not listened, so i'm with them.

Quote:

I rest my case. This is NOT a counter-culture, this is an UNDER-THE-COUNTER CULTURE. This is where they want you. This is where you are safely tucked away where you won't bother anyone

Easy to say.... what would you do to get up from this under-CC, creat a religion ? The shroomery philosophy vol. 1 perhaps ? We might be unique but we are quite diferent, remember that.
Have you ever thought about the majority of this comunity likes to "be in his corner", feeling at ease with whom they know, being anonymous ?

Quote:

FreeThink all you want, as long as it's in the chat room and the bulletin boards.

... and it feels good :smile:.
My boss walks into my working room:
"What are you doing ?"
Me:
"I'm browsing the shroomery !"
Boss:
"What's that ?"
Me:
"It's an online comunity created to help stop the spread of dangerous misinformation related to magic mushrooms, so that people can make intelligent, informed decisions about what they put in their bodies."
Boss possible answers:
a-"Go check your doctor tomorrow !!"
b-"You're fired you junkhead"
c-"Peace and mushrooms ? I like it!"
---
Wich is the less probable answer ?

Quote:

This is an insular community, whereas it has the potential to be an incubator.

Yes it has potential, when and how do we start ?
  Making an anlogy, the baby is confortable and warm inside the mothers womb, he will suffer at birth and after birth, he's reluctant to go out but he will after 9 months. Have we reached our 9th month ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (01/29/03 07:06 AM)

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: In Defense of My Recent Poor Behaviour [Re: Grav]
    #1257575 - 01/29/03 07:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

you either give up and find a comfortable place or you keep thinking and fighting

Ah, but the zen master said, "This world is a burning house. Do not expect that you can stay here for long."

How would you get comfortable in a place that is on fire?

No need to buy furniture, I say.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology