Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
makin yogurt
    #12551557 - 05/12/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So I thought I'd write up a lil something on making delicious yogurt.

things you'll need;
~ an insulated something to incubate your cultures, you can use a lunch pale, a bucket of warm water with a heating blanket, idk whatever you can make work.

~ yogurt cultures ( plain yogurt with active cultures, not made with active culture)

~ Clean utensils Spatula, Whisk, Container, Sauce Pan
~ Powdered Milk (Optional)

~ Milk 2% or Whole ( You can use skim but it doesnt make that great of yogurt)
~ Thermometer

K so, ... start out by using a clean sauce pan, add your milk and bring up to tempature, you'll want to scald it, about 180 should work. Its important while at this step, to not scrape the bottom, you'll end up with brown chucks of milk in your yogurt.

Once you have your milk up to temp, let it cool to about 140.

Get a clean dish, and add roughly 3/4 cup of dried milk, to 1quart of milk/yogurt, I add the powdered milk to the yogurt in a bowl,

add the cooled milk, I add maybe half of it, whisk it in nicely, then put that back in the pan, then add to your incubation container, I use a 1qrt plastic thing;

Then you'll put that covered into the incubator;

Cover that and let that sit in a warm location, I set mine near the fireplace, not so its being heated really, but just so it stays in a warm location. 6-10hours should do, you can check it, once it seems really solid, it should be done. Its important to clean everything you use, its like cultivation fungus in the sense that you're basically spoiling milk in a controlled environment ya  so any other spores or cultures get in the mix and you can contam your goodness. I've never experienced this myself with yogurt, but I guess it can happen, being clean is always good practice anyway. Smell your goodness once its done make sure its delicious, then enjoy! Itll last up to 2-4weeks, I've had some yogurt in the back of my refrigerator for like 5-6 weeks that smelt perfectly fine, it tasted alright too, but I didnt feel like indulging heh. So there ya go, you just made yogurt!!! Certainfiable hippiculture! :boobs: I'll post some pictures once its done! I enjoy mine with some honey/maple syrup, granola, blueberries/strawberries! You can also play around with adding vanilla and what not before incubating, for flavored goodness!

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale