Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefastest gun in the west
demon with aglass hand

Loc: canada
How to avoid this??
    #1254692 - 01/28/03 08:39 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Every once in a while when i do mushrooms and don't smoke weed (my brain is still clear) I start thinking about what everyone else thinks of me. I stop thinking about what I think people think about me and start looking at things in a completely different way. Usually its a bad way too. The simplest things become the most complex.

Like, for example, I was out walking around with two buddies and we found a wheat field hundreds of acres in size (we have lots of those here) and the sky was completely open and clear with the northern lights shining on us. It was really a magical thing, and my one friend said something like "sh*t is that ever nice" and i said "yeah but i've seen it nicer". Now, normally, if i was sober, i wouldn't think anything of it, but because i was high on mushrooms, about 5 minutes later i started thinking to myself "what if he thinks i'm always trying to top everything?" and i started apologizing to him.

This happens pretty much every time I go on mushrooms. My friends tell me I think too much and some of them don't like zooming with me now because of it. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what this is called or how I can prevent it. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: fastest gun in the west]
    #1254714 - 01/28/03 08:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thats just what happens sometimes, maybe try lower doses if it really bothers you that much.

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1254897 - 01/28/03 09:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i also tend to get over-empathetic. i think the only way for me to avoid it is to trip alone.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: Bilge]
    #1254947 - 01/28/03 09:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah I get the exact same thing. When im with friends who im not old chums with ill start overanalyzing things and being like.

"damn I hope he didnt think I meant this or that"
"maybe he said what he just said because of what I said earlier"

one time I tripped and got stuck in that mode really hardcore for like an hour and later on that night I was apologizing to my bros and they are like ... what for?

YOu just gotta ride it out and think nothing of it.... or at least not as much as you should.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1255292 - 01/28/03 11:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

That's why I write on my hand with a black marker, YOU'RE TRIPPING

And that helps me out.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1255295 - 01/28/03 11:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Or take a shot or 2 of some liquor, man that takes ALLLLLLL paranoia away.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1255527 - 01/28/03 01:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"The simplest things become the most complex."

Do they ever :wink: And the most complex things become the most simple :smile:

"It was really a magical thing, and my one friend said something like 'shit is that ever nice' and i said 'yeah but i've seen it nicer'."

One of the things I like about psychedelics is that they cause me to "think different" no matter what is going on around me. Even if I'm doing something I've done millions of times before while sober, this constantly-morphing perspective that I gain while on psychedelics makes it more challenging. I always get the feeling "why think that way when you can think billions of other ways too.. like THIS way.." or something like that, which will indeed birth comments like "ah I've seen cooler" or "things could be even better." I've slowly learned to just laugh when somebody else says something - I can keep a good vibe and connection for the entire trip and barely say anything to the people around me.

My advice to you is (you asked..) to not get stuck on any comments or thoughts. I used to think that my thinking speeds way up while tripping, but I recently realized its the exact opposite!! My thinking slows way down so that every thought gets looked at in every aspect and every perspective I can come up with. I've noticed that when I get stuck on one certain perspective of one certain thought/comment/event, my thinking speeds back up and I sit there thinking "damn why did I think that about that?" or "shit why did I say that? what do they think about me having said that? Are they tripping out on what I just said now - have I ruined everything? shit what happened I was flowing with those thoughts so well a minute ago.." rofl thats not a good train of thought.

A good trick somebody once taught me was that whenever I'm stuck on a certain thought or comment/event/whatever (sober OR tripping), all I have to do is STOP. I know you're thinking "easier said than done, buddy," but really! I just stop and look at what I was just thinking. I detach myself from the thought and just look at what I was just doing. "I WAS just tripping out on the fact that I said something that I feel may have bothered my friends. I WAS just wasting valuable trip-time getting in another random loop of thought that never gets me anywhere. I WASN'T going to stop because I didn't notice I was stuck, but now I have noticed and this train of thought is getting very boring. I've only got about a half hour of trip left so I'd better lay back and enjoy it NOW. ooo whats this we're listening to?"

lol I don't know if you got what I meant here, but basically I kind of step back from the thoughts in my mind and look at how silly it was that I was spending such extreme brain-power on a comment/event/thought that lasted a good 5 seconds to everybody else :smile:

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
questions? ask 'em!
find some bullshit in my post? point it out!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/28/03 02:04 PM)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1255810 - 01/28/03 03:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, you put into words...what I've done for myself. I used to get all those thoughts,etc all the time...but now, on my own, I've realized to do exactly what you described. I could have never put it into words though. Good advice

I don't know if i'm right...but I also think these thoughts COULD stem from some sort of depression/low self esteem. Maybe not with everyone, but with some.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineMushroomMan420
Loc: Montreal Quebec Canada
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1256072 - 01/28/03 04:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I do that when I'm sober. :frown:

--------------------
"Jesus won't you touch me, come into my heart, where the hell are you, when the burning starts? I'm using my fingers instead of words, I'm using my fingers instead of words!" Christian Death

"Two sounds are better than one, do the techno man!"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: MushroomMan420]
    #1256128 - 01/28/03 04:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

well what do you do when you're tripping then?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1256271 - 01/28/03 05:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

basically, you realize it's an illusion that you 'have' to think those negative thoughts.

Like you feel like if you think about them enough they might fix themselves. And it seems the only way out of the loop, when in fact the only way out is to change your 'thinking' entirely, (which as Strumples said, is not hard to do if you just step back and look at it). You can't work within the framework of depressing thought loop like that.

It's like trying to find some impossible way out of a locked room, instead of just picking up the key and walking out the door.

and yea like someone else up there said: i also think it stems from some sort of depression / low self esteem / social anxiety thing... or what have you... I think so cuz I used to have all of that really bad, and I found myself in those same thought loops as you describe for years while trying to get over it, which I did get over quite successfully.
it takes time, hang in there and try to form some more control over your mind.

(sorry didn't mean to reply to you Strumpling)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: Grav]
    #1256419 - 01/28/03 06:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yes! Self-confidence has a lot to do with EVERYTHING :smile:

Start feelin good about yourself, and this will happen way less often, if at all :smile: :smile: :smile:

You're cool! You're the shit!! :smile: hehe that's the spirit!

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1256593 - 01/28/03 07:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yah man..you got it all right. 

Here's a story in my younger pot smoking(only pot smoking) days...

I started smoking pot...got into it heavily.  I always wanted to be 'more stoned'...I'd smoke all my supply in one sitting.  Just because.  It was a blast...I wouldn't change those experiences for anything(well...wish I could get all my money back :wink: )...but lots of weird stuff happened to me while I was high...and I thought it was stuff that only happened to me most likely(I did not knwo of the shroomery, erowid, nothing like that.  Didn't go online for drug information). anyway...

EVERY single time I got high, when I was with friends(which was most of the time)...It always seemed like my voice was fucked up.  Like, almost sounded girly.  It really bothered me.  For a considerable period, I tried not to talk a lot.  When we'd walk somewhere...I always thought I was walking funny.  And when I'd say something...I'd always have those same thoughts the poster of this thread has.  That remained with me always.  I thought it was just somethign that happened to me only when I was high.  SO I was like, "I'll learn to live with it".  And so I did...and it continued. 

Than a friend introduced me to mushrooms...and I took 4 grams my first time(really nervous).  Wow...I guess you'd call it a bad trip.  Well, I wouldn't(don't believe in them)...but ya...it was amazing.  I smoked a fat joint 30 minutes after ingestion...WHAM!...my voice became SO FUCKED UP...I could never explain it properly to anyone.  Like..at points it sounded like I was ACTUALLY talking like a girl.  And like...my brain made me deal with it...it was just like the mushrooms said "fuck you and this stupid problem your having....I'm going to show you my power".  And you know...I never again have had those 'self esteem'(or whatever you want to call it) issues.  I never again even cared.  Didn't care about what I was saying when I was high, or anything like that.

A lot of the time, like pointed out, it all stems from self esteem, self confidence and such.  You gotta learn to love yourself, like strumpling said(by the way, this whole post isn't directed to anyone in particular...just addressing everyone).  You have got to learn to love yourself, and stop caring about how people percieve you and such.

on a side note: I've seemed to be sliding back into the 'depression' thing(or whatever you wanna call it)...and all but the voice thing...has came back to a certain degree.  So yah, I have to take my own advice once again.

But the mushrooms are a powerfull tool...it showed me what it can do.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1256706 - 01/28/03 08:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I get like this when I smoke pot. I also see a lot of hostility in people for some reason. Lately, I've been getting an ugly feeling from weed and I think I'll stay away from it for a while. I think I'd rather smoke pot alone, then I won't get paranoid or think I'm acting like a moron.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

#1256789 - 01/28/03 08:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

none of my friends are really close friends. My girlfriend is really close to me. Im a person that says whatever Im thinking deeply about at the time, and usually it is a little far fetched, so I feel more comfortable with her because I know she wont give me hell about it. Friends will judge and even perhaps laugh because usually they hold a pride barrier before true understanding, especially in large groups. Everyone knows that person who acts truthfull and understanding when you are alone with them and completely void of all understanding while with a group of people. These types of people are good to trip with when it is just the two of you, but not in a group. Large groups often made me feel left out when I really wasnt. This was probably just a self esteem thing and it eventually went away. I would suggest tripping with one person who really listens and you dont feel intimidated(sp?) by, or tripping alone which will completely rid you of the delima.  :wink: 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Edited by bluesky (01/28/03 08:57 PM)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: bluesky]
    #1256810 - 01/28/03 09:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I know exactly how you feel about the 'left out' thing.  That happens when I'm with like 3 or more people.  In reality...I'm not actually left out...or am I? :wink:

but yah...it's all self esteem and such.  Can and will be overcome(everyone who has these problems)...love yourself

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park

#1256876 - 01/28/03 09:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think this is pretty commen. Maybe 4-5 years ago I tripped with a good friend who had acne(we were around 16). Anyways I told him while we were tripping "your pupils are huge" and he started rubbing his face saying " I know I hate em, with a kinda sheepish smile". I felt so bad but realised that people hear things differently and during a trip you forget it after a while if it wasnt too bad. So even if its not intentional things can get kinda intense.

When your sober and you see on T.V that sterotypical hippy that's like "peace man, no worries just goo with the flow maaan." ya kinda laugh at em. But you realize that attitude is the perfect vibe to trip around.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1256878 - 01/28/03 09:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I used to b like that back when i was tweakin.
Jus try to catch urself, Think about it like u are over-anlysing shit like a brawd, are u some PMSing brawd? no? then fuck it who cares, you shouldent, if they really got a problem with u or somthin u said, theyll come to u. And your friends arnt gonna get all butt hurt over some stupid shit like that and if they do jus ask them y r they getting all butt hurt and PMSing like some dumb breezy. so u c it goes both ways.

U jus gotta think b4 u talk like that to ppl, it is possible cuz i had to do it.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1256890 - 01/28/03 09:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

One time me and a friend of mine were trippin and i felt like i had this understanding with everything and my friend was tryin to tell me something and before he could finish i kept sayin "i know i know" becuz i thought i knew wat he was gonna say so he didnt have to say it. But to him it came off like when im trippin, im an ass hole. I forgot about this incident and weeks later he said he knows how i am when im trippin and thats when i remembered wat happend and i explained to him wat was in my head and that was that.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: How to avoid this?? [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1256901 - 01/28/03 09:49 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol my one friend(i trip with him mostly.....when I do trip that is) had a bad habit of doing that when we were on a pretty good dose of lsd.

90% of the time...when I went to go explain something or talk about something...he's like "yah...I know....I know what ya mean"...and like...I bet that night...I heard him say that over 100 times. lol. But hey man, it's a friend. And it doesn't bother me really. Everyone has their own 'thing' when tripping. I'm sure I do.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports