Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: Starspawn]
    #1249892 - 01/26/03 08:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The inline filters on  that lid are sterile. The polyfill is just stuck in the tops, to keep them that way.

You simply use a dremel drill tool (or any little drill with a chuck) & tighten it to the external metal rod, then give it a spin, for a few seconds. The end of the rod is flattened a tiny bit, like an oar. It mixes the interior liquid content like a milk shake mixer. Works fantastic.

I use a medical grade hepa filtered air pump.

But, anybody can hook the air line to the "in" filter to any small fish tank air pump, then hook that to a timer, to automate positive pressure air exchange.

6T  :tongue:

Quote:

Thanks 6T,i thought you had an iv tube in the jar.Is it hooked to a brass pipe?And are those disks a filter?I can see the polyfil in the top so i could'nt understand why you put two of them?My guess would be it needs that much air for the size.The baby bottle was also nice but im ready for a fully loaded model,bells and whistles.What is hooked to the end of the mixing rod,is it a blender type and how much of the bottom does it cover?   

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: SixTango]
    #1249936 - 01/26/03 09:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

excellent info as usual... any suggestions on where to obtain a medicalgrade hepa unit?... just yr standard medical supply outlet?... approximate cost, etc... thanks!

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: roygbiv]
    #1250144 - 01/26/03 11:10 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If you know any nurses, med students, EMT's or doctors - they could bag you a few infusion type filters. The larger ones in the 0.22 micron caliber can get spendy. Use google to do a seach on "infusion filters".

You can also convert any number of other filters to this use. Inexpensise in/line gas filters for better model high performance cars work & can be had at any autoparts store for a few bucks - each.

If you are handy & like to tinker? You can build very effective small inexpensive in/line air filters out of PVC pipe & caps. Just use small threaded brass fittings on the caps to create in/out connectors for the air lines.

Use polyfill & tight spunbonded polyester fabric from any FABRIC store (rolled up) as filter material. The polyester filter type fabric is around $2 a yard. Simple to make, very effective & cheap.

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: roygbiv]
    #1250272 - 01/26/03 11:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

There is also another inexpensive way to skin the same liquid culture cat.
You can get a few rubber stoppers w/holes in them at any lab, chem or science supply place. Then get a few glass tubes that fit through the holes in the rubber stoppers (same source). As below:

Then gather up a few quart, half gallon or gallon jugs, as below:

Plug them togather, apply in/line air filters & you ready to do some large volume liquid culture at ghetto prices for the materials. Toilet flush simple.

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: Starspawn]
    #1250974 - 01/26/03 05:15 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Getting back to the subject of this thread. Here is an easy to build lid with a permanent filter installed, as well as an injectable port, that you can injecxt right through & it reseals itself instantly - when you withdraw the syringe needle.

--------------------

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#1251010 - 01/26/03 05:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: boxtop703]
    #1251076 - 01/26/03 06:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Parts bought in bulk by the K:
Lid around 0.21 cents
plug around 0.2 cents
grommet around 0.7 cents
filter material around 0.1 cent
Labor around 0.16 cents
Total = 0.47 cents each.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1251190 - 01/26/03 06:47 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

6T,

Where did you get that HEPA pump? WWW?

I'm nobody.

Edited by nobody (01/26/03 08:09 PM)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: ]
    #1251300 - 01/26/03 07:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

6T, Where did you get that HEPA pump?  WW? I'm nobody. 

I bought it from "Joe", for a few bucks & it works like a champ. WTF diff does it make where I got it, or how old it is?  :smirk: It serves it's function  :laugh:.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1251327 - 01/26/03 07:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

My friend's monkey was currious. He was kind of wanting one.

I'm nobody.

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
    #1251339 - 01/26/03 07:55 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've read too many posts to not give 6T his 5 deserved shrooms...Like you need them :tongue: 

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: ]
    #1251367 - 01/26/03 08:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Watch Fed & State gov, plus Collage surplus lab eqt auctions & sales. You can find all sorts of lab stuff -- CHEAP. 6T  :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1251373 - 01/26/03 08:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

:shocked: :laugh: :wink: :tongue: 6T 

--------------------

Edited by SixTango (01/26/03 08:20 PM)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1253376 - 01/27/03 11:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

:wink: Thanks. Sometimes I need all the help I can get.  :wink:

Forgot to add:

Some of the rubber bumpers will work as injectable septum plugs. Cheap, too.

CLICK HERE:

THE WHOLE CATALOG

6T  :tongue: :wink:

--------------------

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
    #1253714 - 01/27/03 01:34 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hate to be nit-picky.. but on that True Value link those are storage lids and right at the bottom of that picture of the lids it says specifically..."Not for processing"

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Edited by Numba9 (01/27/03 01:38 PM)

Offlineshroomologist
Loc: SouthEastern US
Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: Numba9]
    #1253727 - 01/27/03 01:39 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

they aren't for actually pressure sealing the jars. If you don't put a hole in them, the jars are gonna burst. If you seal them tight, they'll break either themselves or the jar. They're made for sealing air tight with no pressure difference from inside to outside. BUT they are high heat tolerant.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

#1253750 - 01/27/03 01:48 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hate to be nit-picky.. but  those are  storage lids and right at the bottom of that picture of the lids it says specifically..."Not for processing" 

Wow................... :ooo:

You should have told every vendor that sells them -- here, every myco vendor on the web & P. Stamets that. Because they work. Amoungst the small circle of peeps I know nationwide, I would speculate 10's of thousands of them have been repeatedly PC'ed on spawn jars, with nada problemo.

6T  :wink:

EDIT -- I did not mean to sound like a condescending A/H. They work, for this purpose - perfectly. Having PC'ed 20 quarts at a time -- all with these lids, time & time again -- in an AA 941 -- I know they work. WBS is bird seed & it works as mushroom substrate spawn spawn. Cow & horse shit is fecal matter & works as a substrate. Just go with whatever works -- for you & be happy.  :wink: :smile: :tongue: 6T

--------------------

Edited by SixTango (01/27/03 03:10 PM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1254005 - 01/27/03 03:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Numba,

I have been using plastic lids for a long time now.
They are fantastic...no rust...and no rust stains on the filter disc's.

Speaking of filter disc's...these will become a thing of the past.

Plastic lids with a permanent filter installed and an injectable port for inserting the needle from a spore syringe is the FUTURE...what a great dirrection to go!
I'm so excited about all of this...no more wasted money on a bunch of filter disc's that only last a few times.
And less chances of getting contams!

6T...thanks bro!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: Roadkill]
    #1254155 - 01/27/03 04:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Shitzzzz

Cats outa the bag --anyway. If you want to buy filter material -- in bulk. There are companies like this all over America & the Internet.

CLICK HERE

That have it on mile long bolts. The cost being about 1 cent each for the same stuff.

But, hell with changing them. Ya got lids. Just install a 0.02 cent perminant filter & that is the end of it -- anyway.

6T

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Cheap permeant jar lid filter. [Re: Roadkill]
    #1255363 - 01/28/03 10:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale