Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
where do you get the time?
    #1252344 - 01/27/03 06:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

my attention has never really caught this before - there are only a handful of people who seem to have been regged w/ the message board longer than me that really post to this particular forum - swami, phluck, sclorch, gnrmi, & markos, amongst others... yet virtually everyone has made what seems to me like MASSIVE amounts of posts. it blows my mind, i just don't understand how it's possible. i for example regged 04/06/00 and in terms of posts am in the lower 300s. relatively speaking, i feel like i've contributed a significant amount of time to the forum. say there are 52 weeks in a year, that's 156- maybe 10 weeks, that's 146 weeks i've been regged, since i'm around 300, that's oh maybe roughly 2 posts per week. i'd estimate i read i'd estimate i read 100 posts a week, and since i only occasionally use the 'Other Drugs' forum, most of those posts are lenghty Spiritual/Philosophy posts. with that said, i'd estimate 2 hours a week are spent on the shroomery. come this april, that would be 156 weeks, and that's 300 hours. i don't regret it or feel guilty about it, but in doing this exercise, several though occurred, such as, how much time am i spending playing the mandolin, writing poetry, reading poetry at the bar, going to the bar, practicing yoga, reading literature a.) fiction b.) non-fiction c.) psychology/philosophy/spiritual, exc. and all my other routine hobbies.

i have this feeling lately that i should spend at least some time (maybe an hour a week), making a more specific record of where my time was "spent". it's nothing i think anyone should get obsessive and compulsive over, it just seems important to devote a little bit of time to have some awareness over it. i dunno, i guess to me, i find it all kind of "trippy".

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: where do you get the time? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1252355 - 01/27/03 06:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The Swam:

A. is a bot.

B. has transcended time.

C. is a disembodied brain in a vat at M.I.T and hard-wired to the internet.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: where do you get the time? [Re: Swami]
    #1252369 - 01/27/03 06:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

D. Is all of the above!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#1252395 - 01/27/03 06:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

well, on second thought there are some routines that don't seem so pretty for me to look at- like how much time i've spent searching for drugs, making telephone calls, waiting at semi-stranger's houses who's company i don't enjoy - i haven't really done this since i finished college, i really only use drugs if they come to me these days, but chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrist - maybe some of you, like me, could identify with this.

on a positive note, i think of the time i've spent researching/growing/extracting/preparing different entheogens and the great pleasure it has brought me.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1252397 - 01/27/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It isn't hard if you spend your life on the Shroomery like me. Since I registered a new username, my post count is low. If I add the posts from my other usernames I would have a lot more. God bless the Shroomery.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1252593 - 01/27/03 07:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

My time... hmmm

Basically, when I'm tired or I'm waiting to do whatever... that's when I come on and catch myself up on S&P&S. For instance, you'll notice that I tend to post way less on the weekends. That's because I'm busy being dragged around town by my bastard friends (who work and go to school during the week). Like yesterday... when my hometown team "that invented losing" wins what is arguably the biggest annual sports event in the country.... I wasn't logged on... no, I was busy driving around trying to film the madness and benefit from a possible riot/looting scenario... which, unfortunately for me, did not happen (no HDTV for me... oh well, they're too heavy to carry anyway).

As for waiting around at drug dealers' houses... I've rarely had to do that (high school stuff...). This is one of the main reasons why I started taking mushrooms. I hate participating in the black market thing... 99% of the people in the illegal-selling/buying-of-anything business are dumber than dirt and I just don't have time for that shite. Finding or growing your own entheogens is so much less strenuous (stress-wise)... unless you're one of the idiots who think that selling them is a good moneymaker.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: where do you get the time? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1252637 - 01/27/03 08:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

heheheh, i don't even know what team that is - i don't even know who was supposed to play, let alone who won - i didn't even know it was happening until one of my clients at work said they were too busy to pick up their stuff because they were preparing for the game party.

i've already watched football before, when are they going to come out with a sequel to football? football 2... football 2.0..... football 2003.... 20003 SE? grenade mercenary football? mechwarrior.... eh, nevermind, i justt don' get it...

but i do have some competetive sports - i'm a mean scrabble player, by gawd i got every 2 letter word committed to memory... and Risk, the game of global domination, now we're talking.

extra, extra - newsflash - CosmicJoke *really* won the super bowl! mwahahahahahah - roooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrr!

--------------------

Anonymous

#1252650 - 01/27/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I get a lot of my time from the local time store.

Just last month I went to the sale they were having and picked up a couple of years for just pennies on a dollar. :smile:

And remember what Thoreau said:

You can't kill time without injurying eternity.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1253889 - 01/27/03 02:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Prepare to cringe, CosmicJoke...

A year or two ago NBC tried the XFL.
That's right, the X-Treme Football League.
Sporting more liberal tackling rules (or none at all, I'm not sure) and teams consisting of (possibly armed)ex cons and sub-pro players, it barely lasted through the first season.

I don't care enough to do a google search to find out more details, but I remember that the ratings took a sharp dive (from 17 weekly viewers down to 2) about half way through the season and it was publically known the network was considering cancellation.

Edited by dee_N_ae (01/27/03 02:47 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1254237 - 01/28/03 04:03 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Time is a mass illusion

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: where do you get the time? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1254378 - 01/28/03 04:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Time is a mass illusion

...that works, so maybe it's not an illusion in the strict sense.  Maybe time is just how motion is measured.

If it works, don't dis it.  :wink: 

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: where do you get the time? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1254452 - 01/28/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Time is a mass illusion

Since time is a property of mass much more than energy,it being an illusion created by mass(see quote :wink: ),I have aproximatly 85 kilos worth of the illusion of time to work with:grin:.I have yet to create a conversion formula which can go from mass to time and back :wink:So I cannot tell you how much time 85 kilos is,however I am relatively sure it is providing at least 24hrs each day of the consensual illusion of the "passage" thru time :grin: WR 

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1255320 - 01/28/03 09:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Oy Vey. Vell, youse a very young mensch vit lutz of energy und 'get-up-und-go,' vhen mine 'get-up-und-go,' got-up-und-vent a long time ago. Zo...I sit on my toochas, und look at this fuckockta mustard screen until mine eye-eluz grow together into a single, screen-shaped Cyclopean eye. Gott-en-yu. Before voik I can post, and after voik I can post. Such a mystery dis iz ?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: where do you get the time? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1257203 - 01/29/03 12:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

oh, how do i know my youth is all spent
my get up and go has got up and went
but in spite of it all, i still have to grin
when i think of the places my get-up has been...
~
(pete seeger, singing with the weavers, yeah...)
~
time, entropy, chaos, order, intention, happenstance, attention, "sound of the thundering electrical energy.. you breathe out, you breathe in..."
~
"ah but i was so much older then, i'm younger than that now"
~
~
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
Re: where do you get the time? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1257290 - 01/29/03 02:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Time

Ticking away the hours that make up a dull day,
You fritter and waste the hours in an off-handed way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown,
Waiting for something or someone to show you the Way...

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young, and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same, ina relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death....

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: where do you get the time? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1257523 - 01/29/03 04:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i'm a lazy hippy with plenty of faults, and if i tallied up my psychedelic experiences (i'd estimate hundreds), random sexual encounters (sometimes 2-3 a day), or money i've blown on drugs (at least $8,000) since the time that I've regged my account at the Shroomery -well, if the truth be told to some of my friends or my family, some eyebrows would be raised. i'm not trying to slam anyone because they use the Shroomery (though what life would be like if one made 8,000 posts since having regged their account last year IS a mystery to me), any autonomous adult can spend their time as they please. it's just... for me... n' maybe it's 'cuz i've frazzled my brains out... i have this desire to have a better understanding of where i have been and what i have been doing.

--------------------

Edited by CosmicJoke (01/29/03 04:29 AM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: where do you get the time? [Re: sunyata]
    #1257531 - 01/29/03 04:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i feel so sad when i listen to that song that even a tear drops from my eye right now as i read this post. there's so much room to live and learn in a single day, for everyone in any situation.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates