Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
KOH SAMUIS VS CREEPER help me decide.
    #1251716 - 01/26/03 11:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

im about to grow in mycobags, planning to fruit in the bag too. its a toss between creeper and koh samui. ive heard both colonize really fast. also ive heard KS to have smaller fruits, would this be better for a small environment like bags? also, what is the difference in the trip between them(one have more visuals than the other)? thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: KOH SAMUIS VS CREEPER help me decide. [Re: philistine4life]
    #1251826 - 01/27/03 01:03 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hello,

Basically my reccomendation for your choice of strain would be Creeper. Although I have not tried either of the strains you listed, it is said to be both potent and a fast colonizer. I think fast mycelium growth is important as it is the longest wait of the whole growing experience. Although I would personally go with the Koh Samui because I just love the Thai strains  :wink: (that is actually the next strain on my list). I cannot simply reccomend the Thai because I have no information on its speed and results.

Potency of any shroom is mostly determined by its genetics, but many other things are also involved such as growing environment, substrate, nutrient source, and care taken to insure they get what they need. Trips also can vary widely due to the state of mind before the experience. If one has a pre-trip notion that they are going to wig out, they may very well do so. It is also highly dose dependant, with the difference from having a mellow euphoria to intense visuals can be as little as 0.5 grams. Also, potency loss from drying and age must be taken into account.

Personally I would go with EQ's or GT's (I just love the GT's). Both seem to be fast (for me anyway), and I always have gotten good amounts of fruit from the Golden Teachers, even on my first try. I also think the South American strain is underrated (excellent results here). But why not snag a few different strains and try them out, see which one you like best, or have the best results with. This is probably your best bet. I have seen an enormous amount of variation from strain to strain and even from batch to batch from the same print. I also like the Treasure Coast strain, but it seems to produce more aborts than actual fruits for me (no biggie, but may be a problem in a mycobag).

Maybe some others can help you out, preferably ones with experience with the 2 strains you listed. But dont be afraid to try more than one, I think you would be better off that way, not putting all your eggs in one basket. That is the only info I have that is worth a grain of salt, I simply have not tried the strains you listed but now that I think about it I may pick up a creeper print with my Koh Samui when I order next time.....

EDIT: Has anyone tried the "Malabar" strain? It appears to look quite interesting, but I have not gathered any information on the yeilds or speed of this strain.

SDYDK ATWAR

--------------------
To give is to live...

Edited by ATWAR (01/27/03 01:16 AM)

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
    #1253170 - 01/27/03 10:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I just spawned some creeper jars (colonized fast as hell) into some poo 4 days ago and the creeper is just EATIN" through this horse poo like it's candy to the mycelium:)

I heard the creepers produce a nice yield, and are potent, this is why I tried it. This is my only grow attempt and so far my poo is doing fantastic!! I reccommend you spawn that myco bag onto some pastuerized horse poo... I won't go into detail on how to do that because you can find it in the grow logs here!

It's really easy, and produces the most... the only way to go in my opinion now that I've tried it!

Peace
Gthirteens - "It's all I ever smoke"

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: philistine4life]
    #1253516 - 01/27/03 12:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
Re: KOH SAMUIS VS CREEPER help me decide. [Re: vatoloco]
    #1253850 - 01/27/03 02:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

so when you say KS is dominant is that due the the quality of the trip...makes me think that as far as growing them that both creeper and KS will be the same. 7anyone have thoughts on how these strains would do in mycobags? i was thinking that since KS are known to be short wide fruits that this might be better...i was going to put the bag on its side and break up the substrate as to allow for less vertical grow space but way more horizontal space. thanks so much, you guys are so cool.

OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: vatoloco]
    #1253900 - 01/27/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: X.O]
    #1254100 - 01/27/03 04:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: vatoloco]
    #1254116 - 01/27/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
    #1254149 - 01/27/03 04:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
    #1254153 - 01/27/03 04:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1254158 - 01/27/03 04:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hrm, mine did decently on horse shit
indoors.

awwwwwwwww
and you guys were hitting it off so well.
maybe on the next topic.
lolzzz

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Roadkill]
    #1254172 - 01/27/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

Edited by X.O (01/27/03 04:34 PM)

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
Re: KOH SAMUIS VS CREEPER help me decide. [Re: X.O]
    #1256400 - 01/28/03 04:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

you think that KS producing small fruits would be beneficial to a mycobag at all? thanks

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
    #1256980 - 01/28/03 09:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

what about some other peeps?oh yeah what the fuck happened the the "other drugs" forum?

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1257207 - 01/29/03 12:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Personally, of all the strains I've tried (including creeper), TKS is my favorite. A very intense trip. Two thumbs up.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
Re: KOH SAMUIS VS CREEPER help me decide. [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1257283 - 01/29/03 02:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hey man. so how would you compare the creeeper v KS trips? any noticeable advatages or disadvantages to growing each? id really love to know, seeing as you have grown and "sampled" both...i presume. REPLY BACK, you may be the tonic to my tired mind.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #1257295 - 01/29/03 02:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

RE: The pic of the KS on shit.

Even if its not on poo, u still get those short stalky fruits? Looking forward to my KS!! Be cool to see a more drastic charicteristic  :cool: :wink:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1257359 - 01/29/03 02:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Just in my experience, I found the TKS to be a very visually intense trip, with a pretty heavy body load. The creepers weren't bad either, just not as strong, but that could be due to many factors.
As for growing, I found that the creepers colonized faster but took a while to fruit, and the TKS took longer to colonize and to fruit.
I forgot to mention earlier that I have found the best balance of speed of growth and ass kicking tripping is in the Mazatapec. Very righteous trip, heavy body load, colors seem to be very intense. I was truly scared the first time I ate some mazzies, but it didn't kill me, so now I'm stronger  :cool: 

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
Re: KOH SAMUIS VS CREEPER help me decide. [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1257833 - 01/29/03 06:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

so the creepers DO colonize and fruit faster. how long altogether compared with KS? what was the creeper trip like? i think i may go with KS. the small yet potent fruits seem like they may be good for a small grow enviornment. thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order