Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMagicDragon
Stranger
Shroom Kits
    #1252216 - 01/27/03 07:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hiya everyone,

I am very new to growing mushrooms (in fact I haven't even started yet  :tongue:) but I am thinking about getting one of these easy mushroom growing kits which retail over here in the UK for about ?25.

I've read quite a few posts on this board and most people seem to think these kits aren't all that great. However, I only want to try growing shrooms so I don't want to invest in anything more than one of these kits.

My questions are:

1) if you have used one of these kits then what sort of results did you get and of what potency were the shrooms produced?

2) where did you buy your kits from? (Please give a website address if possible :smile: )

Many thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Magic Dragon 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: Shroom Kits [Re: MagicDragon]
    #1252238 - 01/27/03 07:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Pf Tek alittle more money with terrium perlite fish tank heater etc but alot better results and leads you into more advanced stuff for even greater yields BUT... since you want a little bit of shrooms for a high price Get a Myco bag that has substrate already in it and the bag forms the environment. Just buy a syringe of the type you wanna grow and follow the instructions. They dont give good yields at all.

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineCaptBeefheart
Psychonaut

#1252448 - 01/27/03 08:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I got a kit for xmas and I think you should go for it if you don't fancy starting your own. If I hadn't of got a kit I would never have discovered the shroomery and growing my own.
The instructions are a bit inaccurate in light of what I have learned here.

My first grow kit flush was a dissapointment, although there were lots they were all small. This was because the bag needed opening and fanning air in there twice a day, as soon as it pinned. The instructions don't mention this and try to make it sound like you just leave the bag until its time to pick shrooms. This is bollocks! Do what I said and you will get a better first flush than mine.
My second kit flush was normal and my third flush even better (just harvested today!)
The potency is good like any other grow method. I flew to the moon and so did my friends anyway.
My kit was bought from Magicplants.co.uk but I hear they do better ones at Kingbong.com or desjamaan.nl
hope that helps!

--------------------
"Real men don't dance, they sit,sweat and curse."
- Bill Hicks

Offlineback_room_farmer
enthusiast
Loc: Bavaria, Germany
Re: Shroom Kits [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1252488 - 01/27/03 09:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

www.shayanashop.com
Got my first one from there, was a great yeaild, and got me enough prints to get addicted to cultivation, have been having fun trying new teks. Also shayana has 24 hour phone service for any questions you might have. check them out!!

--------------------
are you talkin' to me? oh! you are! wassuuppppp!

OfflineMagicDragon
Stranger
Re: Shroom Kits [Re: back_room_farmer]
    #1252645 - 01/27/03 10:06 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

www.shayanashop.com looks like a good site....very clearly laid out. Thanks for the recommendation. I am getting very excited about growing some shrooms now :smile: 

Offlineback_room_farmer
enthusiast
Loc: Bavaria, Germany
    #1254262 - 01/28/03 06:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Cool hope you enjoy it!

--------------------
are you talkin' to me? oh! you are! wassuuppppp!

Offlinedu_Rag_scotland
journeyman
    #1254358 - 01/28/03 06:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hi there. Actually...the grow kits in the U.K. usually produce good results if you follow the intructions (providing the instructions aren't crap). I know a lot of people here knock grow kits but you have to think about it this way: For ?25 you are getting a kit which, unlike those in the U.S. and other parts of the world (outside the E.U.) is fully colonized already. This means very little work on your part to get your flushes, you get and idea of shroom growing and are introduced to this wonderful world slowly instead of just being thrown in the deep end. You also get loads of free spore prints from the kits so now you can start trading for other varieties. Hell,if you really wanted you could use the mycelium or a fresh mushroom to star another grow (lots faster than just using spores). King Bong's kits are supposed to be prety cool. Check this link out:http://www.shroomtek.co.uk/
The only problem with King Bong that I can gather is that it takes around 2 weeks before you get your kit. Personally I would go for the kit at this site:
http://www.growmagicmushrooms.co.uk/
I know that you get your kit delivered by recorded mail the day after he recieves payment. I think the kit grows mexicans. Hope this helped! Let us know how it goes.

OfflineMagicDragon
Stranger
Re: Shroom Kits [Re: du_Rag_scotland]
    #1254498 - 01/28/03 07:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers for the info mate :smile: I think I am going to wait a few weeks before getting my kit though because I'm off to Amsterdam in a week and a half and don't want to be away when my shrooms are delivered. In the meantime I am going to do lots of research. :smile:

Any further advice from people out there is much appreciated. Thanks all. :smile: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation