Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Things I Have Learned
    #1251044 - 01/26/03 05:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I know this is a double post, but I originally posted in the OTD board and figured I this is worthy of the SPS board

just random things I've learned in the 3 years since I've moved out and lived on my own. A few I didn't come up with myself-but credit is given to the person who did. The rest is my original thoughts. Please don't flame me if something I said here sounds like something somebody else said... it's a big world and two totally unrelated people are bound to have the same thoughts and ideas...

The best diet is the raman noodle and tap water diet.

Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a bottle of ripped fuel than a week's supply of food.

When faced with tough decisions-compromise. Example: you only have $20 to your name. your gas tank's on E and you have no weed, so you put $10 of cheap gas in your car and buy 2 joints off your roomie.

Get to know at least one person who works at a restaurant... this will keep you from starving.

Cats are the best pet. don't need the attention like dogs, are naturally litter-box trained, and have better personalities than half the people you know.

Tweakers make the best roommates-house is always clean, you know they won't eat your food, and will amaze you with the endless possibilities of how the furniture can be arranged.

A nice trailer kicks any apartment's ass anyday.

Drugs make you forget all your problems. They also make you forget about the feelings of the people who really care for you, your responsibilities, what life is really about, and where you left your god-damn keys.

The best smell in the world is Nag Champa incense and a swisher sweet blunt packed with some KB burning.

You better enjoy living it up in the drug scene, cuz someday reality is going to slap you in the face and pull you out, kicking and screaming.

If I could take it all back now I wouldn't. I would have done more shit people said that I shouldn't. - Eminem

Someday someone is going to break your heart.

Only one person in this world is worthy of your tears... but they won't make you cry.

You are not garaunteed tomorrow.-I don't know who said this, but someone did

If life hands you lemons, squirt the acidic juice into its eye and keep on keeping on.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. - fight club

Fighting over religion is dumb... I mean it's a few people arguing over who has the better imaginary friend.

Have faith in something... sometimes prayer is great therapy, whether or not you believe some deity hears it.

There's nothing like falling in love with a song the first time you hear it.

Make a list or CD of songs you want played at your funeral and give it to a close friend... but whatever you do, don't give it to your mom.

If you want to commit suicide, but don't have the balls to do it by shooting yourself through your temple, you just need to seek help.

If a friend asks you to take a minute to talk, do it. An hour of your time could save someone's life.

Nobody is right... Nobody is wrong.

Love is the best drug, hands down.

Sometimes all you need is a really good lay.

Make mistakes, how else are you gonna learn?

When you're feeling sad or mad or just plain bored, write a script for a movie about your life. Use your creative license though, if you want to get in a fight with someone, write a scene where you kick their ass. The more you do this, the more you realize that you are writing a script for your real life with the decisions you make everyday.

I dunno, I can't think of anymore.

EDIT: thought of a couple more-

Don't ever think you're too old for a little stuffed animal... they are the best snugglers when you're alone, will always dry your tears, and are the best listeners... but don't worry, they can read minds-cuz they understand how silly one could look talking to a stuffed animal.

Always tip your server. They're out there kissing ass to keep a roof over their head... besides, if you don't tip, they'll remember... and next time you go into that restaurant they'll tell everyone there about what an asshole you are and you'll get crappy service. Hey if they're not gonna get a tip-might as well have not even deserved one.

You will never get what you want from other people. If you want something, you gotta get it yourself

Trust No One. -Chris Carter (I am an ex x-phile)

Once a drug has consumed someone you love, there's nothing you can do about it. You just need to accept you can never make them feel as good as the drug does, as long as it has a hold of them.

If you really love someone, let them go. If they love you they will come back. If they don't, piss on 'em... now are you gonna bogart that joint or you gonna pass? -My Roomie

Give a tweaker 3 random household items and some duct tape and they'll make a bong out of it.

Oklahoma is to meth as Columbia is to cocaine.

It's ok for me to call other gay people faggots just like it's ok for African Americans to call other African Americans 'niggas'... and no one knows why.

After you graduate and you just happen to randomly see some snob from your class, who just a couple years ago wouldn't piss on your head if it was fire, will now shreik with joy and run over to you like you were their long-lost friend and attempt to have a conversation with you. This phenomenom is still a mystery to scientists today.

More to come... maybe

--------------------

Edited by wyldtouch69 (01/26/03 09:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Things I Have Learned [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1251065 - 01/26/03 05:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Those were cool! :laugh:

I want a trailer!!! 

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinewyldtouch69

Re: Things I Have Learned [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1251072 - 01/26/03 06:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thanks man!!

--------------------

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1251094 - 01/26/03 06:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You're all right.

nothing spiritual or philosophic to add right now-

anyway-
[hug]

ps- go easy on the pills, eh?

Offlinewyldtouch69

Re: Things I Have Learned [Re: Xibalba]
    #1251126 - 01/26/03 06:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ps- go easy on the pills, eh?

my pill days will soon come to an end... my supply was some pills my mom had thrown away.... she was throwing away ultrams, somas, and flexirils... all of them almost full perscriptions. I dont know why she was throwing them away, the expiration date was still good... she probably put them in the trash can just to see if I'd dig em out. But you'd think she'd bust me before I took all of them... I was stealing the codeine from my sister, she was in a car accident and has back pain sometimes... She caught me, but I have blackmail against her... some pictures of her at a party... after all these are gone, all I can get are Xanax... and I've built up quite the tolerance to them, so I guess I'll just get them every once in a while, so I don't spend a lot of money to get off on them. besides, I know now that I shouldn't have done all that this weekend... Nothing scarier than waking up somewhere strange not knowing how you got there or how long you been out... not to mention the room i was sleeping in was upstairs, I dunno how I made it up and down those steps.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1251453 - 01/26/03 08:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Fuckin' A! If you don't mind me saying so!

Not only a 5 shroom rating for the thread but a 24 hour sticky to boot.

Three things I've learned from the mouths of friends that I have never seen refuted!

1. You never meet anyone of caliber for the first time after 10 pm.
2. How you treat others is who you are.
3. The first person you have sex with will affect your life for as long as you live.

Incredible stuff!

Thanks for the thread!

Offlinewyldtouch69

Re: Things I Have Learned [Re: ]
    #1251461 - 01/26/03 08:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thanks, man!!
woohoo a sticky thread!!

and to think, another mod LOCKED this thread on the OTD forum. :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinewyldtouch69

#1251528 - 01/26/03 09:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

be sure to check out my edit

--------------------

Anonymous

#1252023 - 01/27/03 03:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I did, it rocked! :smile:

Keep the faith!

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
    #1252207 - 01/27/03 05:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

By the 13 Globes! Why did THIS get pinned at the top of the board? It's barely on topic and almost, but not quite, completely boring.

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1252209 - 01/27/03 05:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If you really love someone, let them go. If they love you they will come back. If they don't, piss on 'em... now are you gonna bogart that joint or you gonna pass? -My Roomie

LOL!  :laugh:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Anonymous

Re: Things I Have Learned [Re: the_Landotter]
    #1252212 - 01/27/03 05:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

1.  Wisdom are both kin to philosophy and religion.
2.  Boring is in the eye of the beholder.

:smile:

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

#1252218 - 01/27/03 05:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

If I could take it all back now I wouldn't. I would have done more shit people said that I shouldn't. - Eminem

Love is the best drug, hands down.

Sometimes all you need is a really good lay.

...if you want to get in a fight with someone, write a scene where you kick their ass. The more you do this, the more you realize that you are writing a script for your real life with the decisions you make everyday.

:confused: :frown: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

What the hell.  Eminem?  For fucks sake.  I mean, how does this relate at all?

Quote:

I dunno, I can't think of anymore.

Thank gGod fer that.  :mad:   

--------------------

Anonymous

#1252229 - 01/27/03 05:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am assuming the angry emoticons are directed at the philosophies expressed and not the creator of the thread.

Be Nice, Play Safe! :smile:

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

#1252247 - 01/27/03 05:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I am assuming the angry emoticons are directed at the philosophies expressed and not the creator of the thread.

Angry, confused and saddened emoticons, my friend.

It's ok.  I'm good.  It's just that occassionally, usually on Monday mornings, and usually after reading muddle-headed stoner stuff like this, I get a twinge or two of "fear for the future", y'know?

If we can look forward to a future with Eminem-inspired life paths, the planet is screwed and royally so.

Whatever.  :frown: 

--------------------

Offlinewyldtouch69

#1252279 - 01/27/03 05:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Eh... whatever... I was just having fun, so I tried to put a funny twist to every little thing. I'm only 20 years old, man. I don't know everything, but I think I do anyway. I was just being a crazy little smartass. Oddly enough it stemmed from a question on one of those awful 'get to know people better' surveys that everyone gets in their email.

Oh, and another thing... ever procrastinate and write an essay for school in the wee hours of the morning it's due? then read it when you are fully awake and think "what in the hell?" This was kinda like that... Just something random written on sleep deprivation. Not that I'm making excuses for it, I still think it's great... I just had the same "what in the hell?" reaction when I read it LOL

Oh, and hopefully no one takes sound advice from Eminem...

Either some people didn't get the subtle humor in the whole thing-or it really sucked.

But don't go flaming me for it.

And for some reason I can't resist resorting to a 2nd grade defense tactic *ahem* You're just jealous cuz you don't have a sticky post :smirk: 

--------------------

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

#1252462 - 01/27/03 07:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You're just jealous cuz you don't have a sticky post :smirk: 

Uh huh.  Yeah, I think ya hit the nail on the proverbial head there.  Good show. 

--------------------

Anonymous

#1252583 - 01/27/03 07:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It's funny TLO, if there ever was a thread I would have put up here it would have been that incredible story of yours about the Chaos King by the dumpster!

It only occurred to me while I read this one that a 24 hour sticky might be a good way to highlight great threads!

What do you guys think?

If any one particular thread, based mainly on the initial post, is the best of the week, why not make it a 24 hour sticky to showcase the talent that is here?

The only reason I can think of not to do it is it might cause some friction as indicated by you tlo.

Thoughts on this anyone??

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

#1252656 - 01/27/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I don't mean to be all curmudgeonly here, Mr. M, but who decides what post is 'best'?  I certainly wouldn't have wanted that post of mine you mentioned to be given a sticky and when you rated it 5 mushrooms I myself took it down as many pegs as possible.  And now it's gone.  And that's the way it should be.

If you think a post is super-fine, give it all the mushrooms you want.  And the rest of us will no doubt give a post as many mushrooms as we think it's worth.  The good posts, the ones that rate mushrooms in the first place, rise to the top, don't they?  Sounds like some kinda democratic system to me.

But I'm not so sure that it's fair that the moderators get to pick and choose what they feel is worth reading.

Then again, I didn't HAVE to read the thread, did I?  Oh well...

:smirk: 

--------------------

Anonymous

#1252684 - 01/27/03 08:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good, I wanted your opinion on this.  I also want to hear what the others think.  The creator of this thread was delighted to have it made a sticky. :smile:

Of course the selection would be subjective and our choice as Mods but what other way is there around that.

The rating system for the threads doesn't work that way.  Many 5 shroom thread recieve few comments and vanish quickly whereas threads with controversy stay at the top for a week or more.  That doesn't mean they are interesting or well written or anything other than people get stirred by by reading them and feel they have to reply.  In fact, the ones with the most controversy almost NEVER have a 5 shrooms rating because someone gets upset and knocks it down.

But, as I said, your opinion is noted.

I will wait for other comments. :smile:

Cheers 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies