Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
ok so one of my jars has what i beleive to be lip stick mold. some of the substrate has turned a like pinkish type color. mostly towards the top where the dry verm is. the jar is still colonizing though. pretty quickly. and the mycelium hasnt changed any colors and is continueing growing over the "mold". what exactly is lipstick mold and if i ate shrooms grown from this cake woudl there be any adverse physical side effects? like sickness or dieing?
can u smell it? how does it smell? can u post a photo? if you take a positive answer(that it's contamed) DO NOT eat the shrooms from this cake. maybe u'll get very sick,maybe a little sick,maybe not sick at all. You are not too stupid to risk it,right?
I think my friend has the same thing as you. The mycelium seems to be prevailing over the pink and outgrowing it. After it is done colonizing he is going to cut the cake in 1/2 to make sure there is no more contam inside.
This is the pic i got from my friend.
-------------------- NOTICE: THIS POST IS A WORK OF FICTION AND IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY
"I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me"