Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineph34r
Captain Cannabis
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Machida-Shogun II [Re: CMACD]
    #12530329 - 05/09/10 04:06 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

JESUS CHRIST

--------------------
"Yeah well, you know...that's just like...your opinion, man." - The Dude

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineph34r
Captain Cannabis
Male

Re: Machida-Shogun II [Re: ph34r]
    #12530337 - 05/09/10 04:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

After watching the fight again, it really is just incredibly impressive how quickly Shogun went straight into mount after knocking Machida off balance. Very respectful of Shogun to back off of Machida even before the ref stopped the fight, the man was finished.  He really fought from the start with the confidence that he could put Machida away, and it obviously showed. As far as the Koscheck-Daley fight, I was rooting for Kos until I saw him pull the soccer flop on live television, LOL @ that pussy. From that moment I had no choice but to cheer for Daley, but to no avail.:sad: Other than that fight(Daley is a fucking disgrace after what he did post-fight), I was very impressed with the card overall. Very entertaining fights tonight, and no outrageously bad decisions to fuck it all up. Unlike last card, I am not regretting shelling out the cash for this one.

Looking forward to some black on black crime @ UFC 114 :lol:. Even though I have a gut feeling that Rashad is gonna pull that one off, I really doubt either one of them wants a piece of Shogun after that massacre :awesurprise:

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #12530571 - 05/09/10 07:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ph34r said:
After watching the fight again, it really is just incredibly impressive how quickly Shogun went straight into mount after knocking Machida off balance. Very respectful of Shogun to back off of Machida even before the ref stopped the fight, the man was finished.  He really fought from the start with the confidence that he could put Machida away, and it obviously showed. As far as the Koscheck-Daley fight, I was rooting for Kos until I saw him pull the soccer flop on live television, LOL @ that pussy. From that moment I had no choice but to cheer for Daley, but to no avail.:sad: Other than that fight(Daley is a fucking disgrace after what he did post-fight), I was very impressed with the card overall. Very entertaining fights tonight, and no outrageously bad decisions to fuck it all up. Unlike last card, I am not regretting shelling out the cash for this one.

Looking forward to some black on black crime @ UFC 114 :lol:. Even though I have a gut feeling that Rashad is gonna pull that one off, I really doubt either one of them wants a piece of Shogun after that massacre :awesurprise:

I like how quickly u jumped off Machida's bandwagon and now ur on Shogun's bandwagon.

I've been saying that shit about Shogun while u guys kept repeating the talking heads you hear, saying how Shogun isn't as good cuz of the Coleman fight, or how Mchida is supposedly coming up with a new magical strategy that shogun won't be able to answer.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Machida-Shogun II [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #12530655 - 05/09/10 08:00 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What i've always loved most about Shogun is his demeanor in the ring

It's unique.

He goes in there like an enthusiastic little kid, like it was always his dream to fight and now he's just a grown up with this fearless fighting style.

He always has this cheery high pitched voice, always comes into the ring with his big brother by his side, and he really never looks all that nervous.

Even in 2005 before the finals with Arona, if you actually saw him coming in during the entrances, he looked really relaxed, and he was smiling, cheering to the crowd etc.

He just fights like he was born to fight.  He's the most natural, fluid, gracefull, and ultimately beautiful fight style to watch.

THat's why he's always been one of my favorites, long before he even became the top ranked guy, back in his Bushido card days, he still showed many signs of his potential.

Even when he got his UFC belt he was screaming like a lil kid, pretty funny.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #12530917 - 05/09/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Belcher clearly tried to spike Cote which I was very unimpressed by.
In fact I was watching with a friend, and when Belcher stuck Cote's head between his legs my friend said "Piledriver!"
I was like, I doubt he will do a piledriver because they are illegal. A second or two later Blecher does a piledriver. :shrug:
The officiating really is terrible in MMA, in any other situation where a fighter has an illegal move performed on him, he gets up to 5 minutes to recover. Usually that means he got kicked in the nuts, or poked in the eye by accident.
So I find it baffling that when someone performs an illegal move on purpose the officials are comfortable to simply ignore it.

Daley clearly has no place in this sport/art. I hope this ruins his career and he has to go back to bagging groceries.
Koscheck is still an asshole and I will have a great time watching GSP take him apart at his next fight.

I was expecting Shogun to dominate Machida in this fight, but not in such spectacular fashion. I figured he could knock Machida out by the third round.
Great fight, awesome finish.

Quote:

I've been saying that shit about Shogun while u guys kept repeating the talking heads you hear, saying how Shogun isn't as good cuz of the Coleman fight, or how Mchida is supposedly coming up with a new magical strategy that shogun won't be able to answer.

You seriously think you are some kind of authority here on this sport because you've been watching it for a long time?
I don't suppose you're aware that I've been doing MMA for eight years, and that I'm hoping to receive my instructor apprenticeship this summer.

It's OK though, just pull your foot out of your mouth and everything will continue as normal.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Re: Machida-Shogun II [Re: Heffy]
    #12530952 - 05/09/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Belcher slammed Cote face first into the mat just before the choke. Cote and his camp complained that it was a spike and should have been against the rules, but replays showed that Cote’s face hit first and not the top of his head. Had he come down on top of his head, it would have been an illegal move.

-yahoo sports.

Quote:

18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.

-UFC rulebook: illegal technique #18.

Goes to show how well the officials and journalists know the rules of the sport.

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12530970 - 05/09/10 10:00 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Good analysis!

I'd like to see a rematch Rua vs. Griffin.  Not because it will be a great matchup- I'd just like to see Griffin permanently realize that he is not a top fighter and never will be.  Of course, if the UFC isn't a joke MMA organization, a guy like Griffin will never be a LHW contender ever again.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Re: Machida-Shogun II [Re: Society]
    #12531219 - 05/09/10 11:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Griffin is a joke.

He doesn't care about this sport, and says as much openly.

--------------------

Offlinebchunter
Strangler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Right Behind You
    #12531238 - 05/09/10 11:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That sucker punch reminded me of this boxing match but he laid the guy out , thats the only other time i've seen that happen

Offlineph34r
Captain Cannabis
Male

#12531800 - 05/09/10 01:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:

I like how quickly u jumped off Machida's bandwagon and now ur on Shogun's bandwagon.

I like how quickly you reveal how big of a tool you are. I was impressed by Shogun's quick transition to mount to end the fight, and now I'm "hopping bandwagons"?Please post less, or at least sound less like a condescending troll when you do.

:facepalm:

--------------------

Offlineph34r
Captain Cannabis
Male

#12531825 - 05/09/10 01:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Society said:
Of course, if the UFC isn't a joke MMA organization, a guy like Griffin will never be a LHW contender ever again.

Pretty hard to argue that Griffin isn't a legitimate LHW contender when the current champion was completely dominated by Griffin. I'm not a huge Griffin fan myself, but to say he isn't a legitimate LHW contender would be out of line imo.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Machida-Shogun II [Re: Heffy]
    #12536087 - 05/10/10 09:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:

You seriously think you are some kind of authority here on this sport because you've been watching it for a long time?
I don't suppose you're aware that I've been doing MMA for eight years, and that I'm hoping to receive my instructor apprenticeship this summer.

It's OK though, just pull your foot out of your mouth and everything will continue as normal.

You seriously think you're the only one who trains in martial arts?

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12536107 - 05/10/10 09:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ph34r said:

I like how quickly you reveal how big of a tool you are. I was impressed by Shogun's quick transition to mount to end the fight, and now I'm "hopping bandwagons"?Please post less, or at least sound less like a condescending troll when you do.

:facepalm:

We basically live in a culture where it's looked down upon for men to be ignorant about a sport.  Which is why I understand how defensive you're getting when I actually am calling you out on just how long you've been watching MMA.

Yes, people like you who hop from bandwagon to bandwagon are people who have no sense of history with this sport. 

All you have to do is admit you didn't actualy follow MMA as thoroughly untill everyone else jumped on the bandwagon in 2005.  Its pretty obvious just based on how you try to act like you know what you're talking about.

Yet this is the second straight event in which you've been way off with your so called "vast experience with MMA".

--------------------

Offlineph34r
Captain Cannabis
Male

#12537666 - 05/10/10 03:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Nothing I post comes even close to a remote distinction of making sense.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12537880 - 05/10/10 03:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ph34r said:
but do you honestly think that his wrestling exceeds BJ's takedown defense and overall ground game? I do not. Frankie will be completely dominated on the feet

So when did you start watching MMA?

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12538058 - 05/10/10 04:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What happened in 2005?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #12538403 - 05/10/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

a dream come true

I'd love to see Wanderlei rape choke Machida into Bolivia next.

:awesome:

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Machida-Shogun II [Re: d33p]
    #12538544 - 05/10/10 05:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i remember u were always a big chute boxe fan back in the day...

I think for people like yourself, this was really a long time coming.  Like 5 years.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12538558 - 05/10/10 05:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Society said:
What happened in 2005?

Lol...so true.

All these people who claim to be experts in the sport.  Yet strangely none of them can referr to the thorough history of MMA before 2005, when the reality show blew up....

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #12538778 - 05/10/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
i remember u were always a big chute boxe fan back in the day...

I think for people like yourself, this was really a long time coming.  Like 5 years.

That's putting it lightly. Absent theism, combat sports are my religion; chute boxe violence, my favored denomination.

I'm fucking ecstatic.

it is done

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom