Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Purdue
Starting out using a grow bag
    #6127923 - 10/03/06 10:38 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone.
So i've been doing a lot of reading and i've sort of compiled a list of steps and what guides i'm going to use in order to grow using a grow bag.

I purchased two bags from mycophile.com the other day. I decided to compile a list for my reference of what i'm going to do. I figured I would share the links and what not so other people who are doing the same don't have to search as much. 

I'm new to this so go easy on me  :smile:

Here we go.

Build an incubator, making sure theres enough room for the bag to be extended. Possibly building a tend as a cover so it can be.
using http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek#a5

Inject bags with spores
(Following sterilization procedures for needle, bag already sterilized)
Mix the bag up, to spread spores around.

Place bag in incubator
(is it okay to look at bag while incubating, or does it need to be in a completely dark environment?) also, since it will be in an incubator I assume I most likely need to air that out every once in a while for some air exchange.

After a couple weeks, mix bag again when mycelium has taken over, wait another couple days until bag is completely taken over again.

Next Im going to prepare the casing mixture using these two links

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23805 for casing
and this
http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23536

I'm thinking of using the incubator setup for the casing/fruiting chamber, still putting the mixture in an aluminum pan and of course disinfecting the box used.

What would be the side-effects of using a nutritive substance mixed in with the non nutritive substances in the casing mixture?

Would it perhaps just be better to use the bottom of the chamber with some plastic laid down, and possibly mix it with a unspawned substrate so the mycelium can expand more?

I was possibly considering ordering some pasteurized mixture from tenn. stud. Which I assume would be mixed with the orignal colonized substrate and placed back into incubation for a few days before covering up with casing material.

Well thats all I got. If i'm missing something I should be doing please let me know!
Or even if I have something mixed up.

Thanks

Edited by karn09 (10/03/06 10:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Starting out using a grow bag [Re: karn09]
    #6128332 - 10/03/06 12:05 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

sounds good so far.
after ur spawnbag is 100% colonised you mix it with the prepasteurized poo and let it colonise.
thatll take about 10 days, then casing and fruiting :smile:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlineallnatural
Stranger
Re: Starting out using a grow bag [Re: ohmatic]
    #6128434 - 10/03/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

That link you provided goes to art websites.

Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out using a grow bag [Re: allnatural]
    #6128955 - 10/03/06 03:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

awesome thanks for the input.

Which link? I just clicked each one I posted and each went to a tek. Art websites?

Offlineallnatural
Stranger
    #6129092 - 10/03/06 04:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

On another computer, when I clicked on those two exact links they both went to these graphic artists websites. It was wicked cool b/c one of them had this liquid metal stuff melting all over the main page. It was sweet, but it wasn't shroom specific. It is now when I click on it though.

Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

#6129457 - 10/03/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Haha neat. Was probably your web browser?

Offlineallnatural
Stranger
    #6129542 - 10/03/06 05:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I wish I could find it b/c when i bookmarked it, it listed those addresses...WEIRD.

Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

#6129552 - 10/03/06 05:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thats some good shit you must be on :wink:

Offlineallnatural
Stranger
    #6132993 - 10/04/06 04:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

For real...it IS.

OfflineGatesOfDawn06
its been a longstrange trip..
 User Gallery

#6133663 - 10/04/06 07:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

so no one told me until months later, but you HAVE to fill the grow bag up with air. i used a air pump and pumped it threw the filter patch and after 3 months with no growth, 3 days later theres mycelium.

good luck!

--------------------

OfflineBlaine101
Stranger
    #12503214 - 05/04/10 03:49 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i am going to be doing the exact same thing but i was wondering everyone if instead of casing i could just drop the big chunk in a fruiting chamber?
it would be awesome if i could get some opinions thanks all
yay first post!!

Quote:

karn09 said:
Hey everyone.
So i've been doing a lot of reading and i've sort of compiled a list of steps and what guides i'm going to use in order to grow using a grow bag.

I purchased two bags from mycophile.com the other day. I decided to compile a list for my reference of what i'm going to do. I figured I would share the links and what not so other people who are doing the same don't have to search as much. 

I'm new to this so go easy on me  :smile:

Here we go.

Build an incubator, making sure theres enough room for the bag to be extended. Possibly building a tend as a cover so it can be.
using http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek#a5

Inject bags with spores
(Following sterilization procedures for needle, bag already sterilized)
Mix the bag up, to spread spores around.

Place bag in incubator
(is it okay to look at bag while incubating, or does it need to be in a completely dark environment?) also, since it will be in an incubator I assume I most likely need to air that out every once in a while for some air exchange.

After a couple weeks, mix bag again when mycelium has taken over, wait another couple days until bag is completely taken over again.

Next Im going to prepare the casing mixture using these two links

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23805 for casing
and this
http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23536

I'm thinking of using the incubator setup for the casing/fruiting chamber, still putting the mixture in an aluminum pan and of course disinfecting the box used.

What would be the side-effects of using a nutritive substance mixed in with the non nutritive substances in the casing mixture?

Would it perhaps just be better to use the bottom of the chamber with some plastic laid down, and possibly mix it with a unspawned substrate so the mycelium can expand more?

I was possibly considering ordering some pasteurized mixture from tenn. stud. Which I assume would be mixed with the orignal colonized substrate and placed back into incubation for a few days before covering up with casing material.

Well thats all I got. If i'm missing something I should be doing please let me know!
Or even if I have something mixed up.

Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags