Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Loc: Australia
Season has started
    #1250038 - 01/26/03 12:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Found some Bluemeanies for the taste test. Season has started and will report on future finds soon I hope.

--------------------
Enjoy the world around you ...... Good Luck Hunting and Collecting. The future of shrooms depends on all of us.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Re: Season has started [Re: MagicRooms]
    #1250054 - 01/26/03 12:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Very nice!!!

I hope you have a better season down under than we had up here in Seattle.

good luck hunting mate!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Season has started [Re: MagicRooms]
    #1250318 - 01/26/03 02:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Damn! I wish those pans popped up in the southern states! Havent found any personally yet! BTW are those the same as the ones from last year? Got some great flushes from those!! Wicked pans - nice and meaty! Keep up the good work their Magicrooms!
BTW im going on a road trip in May hunting for ps.eucalypta

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Season has started [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1250621 - 01/26/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Blue Meanie,

I forgot to ask you if you have read the paper of Stijve on the Copes on Australia, Hawaii and Thailand, There were notable diffrences in chemical content between the Hawaiian C. cyanescens and the Australian C. cyaescens, notably in the psilocine content.

Australians were higerh in psilocybine and the hawaiian Copes lacked tryptamine, a precursor to psilocine and psilocybine. Stijve thought that would explain why many Hawaiian collections had no bluing but contain high levels of psilocybine.

I personally however, beleieve that the lack of oxidation of my collections were the result of being careful in the pruning of live in situ specimens and likewise in thier subsequrnt handling during transportation to the lab to commense their drying stage.

As for the Australians contain much psilocine and hence their bluing distictive stain, I again note that I too had many blue stained collections but the majority of the stainless shrooms were the ones sent for herbarium deposit and subsequent analysis.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Season has started [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1250631 - 01/26/03 04:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hi MagicRooms,

Nice photo. cool.

Hi Blue Meanie,,

I forgot to ask you if you have read the paper of Stijve on the Copes on Australia, Hawaii and Thailand, There were notable diffrences in chemical content between the Hawaiian C. cyanescens and the Australian C. cyaescens, notably in the psilocine content.

Australians were higher in psilocybine and the Hawaiian Copes lacked tryptamine, a precursor to psilocine and psilocybine. Stijve thought that would explain why many Hawaiian collections had no bluing but contained high levels of psilocybine But were low in Psilocine.

I personally however, beleieve that the lack of oxidation of my collections were the result of being careful in the pruning of live in situ specimens and likewise in thier subsequrnt handling during transportation to the lab to commense their drying stage.

As for the Australians specimens of Copelandia sycanescens, they contained much psilocine and hence their bluing was most distintctive even in the sried specimens, almost looking blue-jet black. I again note that I too had many blue stained collections of Copes in Hawaii and many not staining, but, the majority of the stainless shrooms were the ones sent for herbarium deposit and subsequent analysis.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification