Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecalishroomer
Looking For Lunatic In TheGrass!

check out these and tell me what you think
    #1247200 - 01/25/03 04:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

wassuppp!!!!....

got these Panaeolus papilionaceus out of my pasture this am with about 40 more........kewl!

--------------------
"The Lunatic Is In The Grass!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: check out these and tell me what you think [Re: calishroomer]
    #1247213 - 01/25/03 04:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

They are Panaeolus campanulatus

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Offlinecalishroomer

Re: check out these and tell me what you think [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1247387 - 01/25/03 05:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

AH!!......the "Laughing Mushroom"!.....

i guess there active then.

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1247551 - 01/25/03 07:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No, they are not active.

No psychoactive chemicals in them.

Keep shroomin,
GG

Offlinecalishroomer

#1247978 - 01/25/03 11:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

HMMMMM....then im confused......i did a search for the name that you listed in your response, and everything ive found refers to them (Panaeolus campanulatus) as " the laughing mushroom", containing Psilocybin as there active compound. there l;isted in a whole lot of places on the web, even on MJ'S page......

are you sure we are talking about the same shroom?........everything says there not ass whoppers, but there mildly psycoactive hence the nickname "laughing mushroom" see links below:

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=561

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_images1.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/plants2.shtml

this was taken from http://ethnopharmacology.com/fungi/

" Panaeolus campanulatus, a small mushroom with a dark brown stripe and a yellowish-brown cap, was frequently employed by Mazatec diviners who made a living by using its powers to locate stolen property and give sundry advice to their clients. Diviners who habitually use this kind of mushroom in their work are reported to sometimes suffer from senility and premature ageing as a result of too frequently consulting the fungal oracle. These considerable occupational hazards were probably due to the accumulation of toxins from the mildly poisonous mushrooms. Nevertheless, the fungus was employed as a medicine and its use in the treatment of rheumatism shows a remarkable continuity in ethnomedical practice, as both the ancient Aztecs and the twentieth-century Mexican Indians used it as such. 'Mushroom drunks' among the native peoples of the Russian Far East are also reported to suffer debilitating symptoms because of their over-indulgence with the fly-agaric. From rather closer to home comes an isolated account of a fungus being implicated in a 'drunk driver' case. This rather bizarre and unusual story was reported in the 'Daily Telegraph' on 13 March 1937, in which it seems that a mushroom-intoxicated driver was prosecuted at the Clerkenwell police court in London. "

so one of two things is wrong here, eather ive mis-identified it or you have mis-identified it, eather way, both identifications are listed as psycoactive.......

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1248021 - 01/25/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

As long as they're Panaeolus, it wouldn't hurt anything to go ahead and bioassay them...
Well... It might hurt your stomach a little bit(pans tend to mess with people's stomachs), but other than that no big probs.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1248306 - 01/25/03 01:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again, well the links that you have shown here are one thing,
But Panaeolus campanulatus is another.

They are not active in any way,
But the links that you posted falsely indicates otherwise.

Keep shroomin,
GG

Edited by GGreatOne234 (01/25/03 01:54 PM)

Offlinedrow
Shroom lover
Male

Loc: Olympia, WA
    #1249844 - 01/26/03 08:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like everyone is clueless. Multiple links indicating the mushroom is active would have me believing that it is. My guess is that it is very weak, so you think that it is not active.
I say take em and see what happens
Not going to kill you (we hope)
Anyway,
Good luck

--------------------
"It is a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: check out these and tell me what you think [Re: drow]
    #1249977 - 01/26/03 09:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No definately do not eat these mushrooms.

They have no psychoactive properties to them.
-And mjshroomers website and other data lists it this way.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1250391 - 01/26/03 12:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with GG, they are not active...dont even take the risk of eating them..

Nice find tho :smile:

Offlinecalishroomer

Re: check out these and tell me what you think [Re: angryshroom]
    #1251839 - 01/27/03 01:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmmmmm............

would someone please explane to me why there are more than several links describing them AS ACTIVE? whats the deal?.......and another thing...these arent even suposed to be here were im at.

i would think that if there NOT at least MILDLY ACIVE they wouldnt be listed all over the net as such.........im going to send a link to this forum to MJ......if he tells me there shit, then there shit...if he tells me there active, then there active.... dont take it personal cause it aint ment to be that way but its not that i dont believe you guys or not that you dont know what your talking about, but i have great faith in MJ's id's...i just wonder if in some areas this is more active than in others.........

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1251987 - 01/27/03 03:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First of all the Panaeolus campanulatus and Panaeolus sphinctrinus complex are not psyuchoactive.

The Panaeolus papilionaceus is. However the P. papilionaceus photo in Paul Stamet's book is of Panaeolus campanulatus/p. sphinctrinus specimens not of Panaeolus papilionaceus which is psychoactive and resempbles Panaeolus subbalteatus, a species to which is is macroscopically very close.

I have a latin description and one of the characteristics of the Papilionaceus is that the cap is flattened with age with a slight upturn in the edges of some caps.

The P. campanulatus or P. sphinctriuns has not only no flatened cap with age but is also characterized by heavilly jagged teeth-like fringes on the lower bottom edges of the caps after they open. This is another characteristic feature of P. sphinctrinus, not found in P. Papilionaceus.
Aoso I should mention that several of the late 1800 published Japanese and Chinese journals reported the P. papilionaceus was responsible for numourous intoxications siunce the 2nd century, and published drawings of the P. Papilionaceus resemble P. subbalteatus, thus adding to their proper identification.

So Paul's picture and species are misiedentified.

have a ashroom day.

AS for many olde field guides, they accidently copied their information from other scholars who also relied on the information of others in regards to their mentioning that the P. campanulatus and/or P. sphinctrinus species were psychoactive.

mj.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag